A Guide To Rick Baker: Monster Maker (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> A Guide To Rick Baker: Monster Maker (17/5/2012 1:26:20 PM)

Post your comments on this article

swhib -> (17/5/2012 1:26:20 PM)

Err where's Greystoke? Some of the most impressive make-up effects work I've ever seen.

TheSomnambulist -> Thank You Empire. (18/5/2012 8:04:50 AM)

Well done Empire for dedicating an article to someone who actually deserves the praise. This is a very nice piece and a suitable tribute to one of the genuine genius' that work in Hollywood.

My personal favourite work has to be the Tim Burton remake of Planet of the Apes. The make-up in that was incredible. I watch that film just for the look of the Apes.

Thanks you Rick Baker for all the many hours of entertainment you have provided us.

Now how about an article on a cinematographer or composer?

trouserpress -> (18/5/2012 10:39:16 AM)

I think you'll find that Rick's "cinemtaic love affair with gorillas" was actually first seen on the big screen in 1972 in the Thing With Two Heads, where Rick built the costume and then played the gorilla. He also actually played King Kong in King Kong, as the robot didn't work and they mostly just had Rick in a monster costume crashing through miniature trees.

Cyberleader -> (18/5/2012 2:59:35 PM)

I never have got it- WHAT'S wrong with The Wolfman?

Dropje -> Nice feature, but ... (20/5/2012 8:09:57 PM)

Where's "The Nutty Professor" starring Eddie Murphy? Whatever you think of the 1996 movie or its sequel (funny and atrocious, respectively, imo), the make-up for the various characters all played by the same actor is beyond reproach. I mean, come on, if you deem "Norbit" worthy of a mention ...

rosiecotton -> Wow, (22/5/2012 1:36:17 AM)

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't know he did King Kong?!!!! :-O Kudos Mr. Baker, but you scared the shit out of me countless times as a kid whenever I TRIED to watch the movie. lol!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI