An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

thelas -> An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (10/5/2012 2:21:28 PM)

Would be even more welcome than Sly's action flick!

Getting Dan Akyroyd, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Martin Short on screen together could help them rediscover the old magic!

the_equalizer -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (10/5/2012 2:33:43 PM)

You can't have an 80s comedy without the immense power and talent of:

[image]http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/jpowrjoprjojorjorj.png[/image]

UTB -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (10/5/2012 2:35:50 PM)

Bobcat Goldthwaite [:D]

the_equalizer -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (10/5/2012 2:42:39 PM)

Bill Murray would also be a must-have.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (10/5/2012 2:43:48 PM)

No love for this guy?

[image]http://www.starfetch.com/keywords/Rick_Moranis/Rick_Moranis_4.jpg[/image]

For shame.

grucl -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 12:15:46 PM)

Gilbert Gottfried FTW! [:D][:D]

grucl -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 12:17:34 PM)

How about An "Expendables" for 80's p0rn stars...

...no wait... [sm=icon8.gif][sm=icon8.gif]

Super Hans -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 12:43:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Bobcat Goldthwaite [:D]

Strangely, he was the first person I thought of! [:D]

Agree with all those mentioned so far.  I'd also throw in Ted Danson and Michael Winslow!

fuzzy -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 12:51:48 PM)

And bring this guy out of retirement...

[image]http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/media/cast_crew_rick_moranis.jpg[/image]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 12:53:18 PM)

Does nobody read what's already been posted anymore?

[:D]

Hood_Man -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 12:59:06 PM)

Gotta be this guy:

[image]http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/jpowrjoprjojorjorj.png[/image]

Russ Whitfield -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 1:05:37 PM)

It'd be good if Steve Guttenberg was in it.

fuzzy -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 1:28:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Sorry Harry, the pic wasn't showing on my browser.

But look at all the hilarity that has ensued. Humour is alive and well on the forums after all.

horribleives -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 1:42:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

But look at all the hilarity that has ensued. Humour is alive and well on the forums after all.

It's not often anyone says that about a thread featuring Steve Guttenberg.

fuzzy -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 2:01:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

It's not often anyone says that about a thread featuring Steve Guttenberg.

Now you just take that back. 

Hood_Man -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 2:08:46 PM)

How did they squeeze so many sequels out of the Police Academy franchise? There weren't enough jokes to sustain the first film, never mind seven.

Russ Whitfield -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 2:12:59 PM)

I wonder the same thing about Wayans spoof movies. But there's a market for them, seemingly.

That said... I did enjoy "Meet the Spartans."

I think (back on topic) that the comedy reunion-movie might have some legs - but I'm not a massive comedy fan, so its hard to call. I know that I was really excited about "The Expendables".... maybe it'd work!

horribleives -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 2:31:35 PM)

Thing is, Sly, Arnie, Dolph etc may be creaky and funny-looking but they can still shoot and kick people halfway convincingly on screen. It'd take some script and some director to squeeze even half a giggle out of Guttenberg, Martin or Chase. Though the latter has actually achieved the impossible with Community and made me laugh after 30-odd years of trying so you never know. Mind, put him in a movie where the writing is generally inferior to the small screen and I bet he'd be as funny as cancer - even Steve Martin can raise a laugh on telly.

MartinBlank76 -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 3:26:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

How did they squeeze so many sequels out of the Police Academy franchise? There weren't enough jokes to sustain the first film, never mind seven.

It was on last night on ITV4. I thought about watching it. But didnt. I wonder how it holds up considering when I was young they were must-watches, must-rentals, must talk about with your friends...

Harry Tuttle -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 3:34:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartinBlank76

quote:

It was on last night on ITV4. I thought about watching it. But didnt. I wonder how it holds up considering when I was young they were must-watches, must-rentals, must talk about with your friends...

Same here, plus my dad was a massive fan of Tackleberry. This goes some way towards confirming my belief that my dad was an arsehole.

Hood_Man -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 3:41:29 PM)

I vaguely remember the cartoon, but that's it.

Aside from the films obviously (even as a kid I hated them [&:]).

Spaldron -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 4:54:31 PM)

Bring back this guy

[image]http://www.canadiancontent.net/people/i/picture/Rick-Moranis.jpg[/image]

Woger -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 4:57:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartinBlank76

quote:

Same here, plus my dad was a massive fan of Tackleberry. This goes some way towards confirming my belief that my dad was an arsehole.

We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughin', did you?
-- Homer Simpson

jonson -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 5:12:01 PM)

I saw Michael Winslow (the guy who makes the silly noises) on something on TV not so long ago. He was still really good. I thought he was well cool when I was younger. The Police Academy films rocked in the 80's.
Plus I don't think Steve Guttenburg was ever supposed to be really funny, more the straight, cute dude who got the ladies.

Anyway, you can't do this without the awesome John Candy RIP.

Woger -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 5:55:55 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcCC2g1Ke0

musht -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 8:16:34 PM)

Get em all in a paintball Expendables Spoof written by the team behind Community!!

Harry Tuttle -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (11/5/2012 10:09:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I saw Michael Winslow (the guy who makes the silly noises) on something on TV not so long ago. He was still really good. I thought he was well cool when I was younger. The Police Academy films rocked in the 80's.
Plus I don't think Steve Guttenburg was ever supposed to be really funny, more the straight, cute dude who got the ladies.

Anyway, you can't do this without the awesome John Candy RIP.

Michael Winslow is amazing.

His Jimi Hendrix impersonation is fucking immense.

Shifty Bench -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (12/5/2012 10:16:03 PM)

What about this guy?

[image]http://images.hollywood.com/site/moranis_1.jpg[/image]

What? [sm=augen14.gif]

Anyway, I used to love the first few Police Academy movies. I still like the first and the last act of the third. I have always loved those stunts on the jet skis and speedboats. Awesome.

MonsterCat -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (12/5/2012 10:38:06 PM)

quote:

Michael Winslow is amazing.

His Jimi Hendrix impersonation is fucking immense.

If my financial situation allows it, I'm thinking I might go see him when he plays at my local arts forum this summer.

st3veebee -> RE: An "Expendables" for 80's comedy stars... (14/5/2012 9:59:20 AM)

Don't forget this guy

[image]http://crookedlanecrookedlane.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/moranis.gif[/image]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI