Gangster Squad Trailer Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Gangster Squad Trailer Arrives (10/5/2012 7:46:44 AM)

Post your comments on this article

jmebaby25 -> RE: Hmmmmm (10/5/2012 12:11:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: danclay77

Well I could do without the crap hip-hop soundtrack and overblown star names, but apart from Brolin and Gosling this looks a little over cooked. What's this going to add that The Untouchables didn't?

Yeah - the trailer wasn't great. I imagine it's going to the the polar opposite to The Untouchables. I imagine (from the tone of the trailer and brief look at the performances) that it's going to be a fun, silly movie. Not comedic, but hammed up and exaggerated. I suspect that the intent is to be more explosive than faithful to the period.

I suspect it'll be to The Untouchables that Zombieland was to Dawn of the Dead.

dolfinack -> RE: Hmmmmm (10/5/2012 12:31:54 PM)

quote:

Well I could do without the crap hip-hop soundtrack and overblown star names, but apart from Brolin and Gosling this looks a little over cooked. What's this going to add that The Untouchables didn't?

Agreed. You gotta love the Untouchables. Classy cheese. This film will take my money, but only because of Brolin and Gosling. ALL the others I could do without in a big way.

I will admit to loving the scene in the trailer where they blast through and then walk though the cinema screen. Looked pretty decently shot!

Timon -> RE: Hmmmmm (10/5/2012 3:03:57 PM)

quote:

Well, The Untouchables was set in Chicago during the 1920s during Prohibition and Al Capone's reign.

This is set in LA in the 1950s during the rise of the Mafia....

So.... quite a lot.

pete_traynor -> RE: Hmmmmm (10/5/2012 3:30:33 PM)

quote:

What's this going to add that The Untouchables didn't?

Other than a different city, different story, different period and different characters... not a lot I should think. [;)]

pete_traynor -> RE: Untouchable (10/5/2012 3:55:49 PM)

quote:

All I'm saying is that this kind of story (renegade cops taking down a gang boss) has been done much better in the above film so unless the second trailer improves on this one I'll only go to envy Ryan Gosling as I do every time I see him on screen!

[:D]

Fair doís.

As Iím at work Iíve only been able to watch this without sound. Looks decent enough but I hear the music is god awful on the trailer. Hope it turns out good though, as I do enjoy dapper gents tearing the crap out of each other with Tommy Guns!

buffster28 -> RE: Looks like flashy fun (10/5/2012 8:17:32 PM)

looks really good - definately one to watch - the choice of Jay z for the trailer does seem a bit strange though.

also i hope the films not as dark as the trailer seemed to be.

buffster28 -> RE: Looks like flashy fun (10/5/2012 8:18:56 PM)

looks really good - definately one to watch. the choice of Jay z for the music does seem a bit strange though.

also i hope the actual movie isn't as dark as the trailer was.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Looks like flashy fun (10/5/2012 9:46:06 PM)

Like the look of this certainly getting an untouchables vibe. Not too keen on the music but as noted it won't be in the film (like the shitty metal they used on the Captain America trailer.).The bit where Gosling catches the shotgun is very cool though

Paddy100 -> RE: uninviting (16/5/2012 12:24:38 PM)

"try holding a 12 gauge in one hand and shooting someone in the face with it without it moving"

Errmm.. Can't say that I've tried it. Have you?!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI