New Hulk (2015) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

The Hooded Man -> New Hulk (2015) (1/5/2012 2:31:55 PM)

It looks like it's on judging by the response to the character in Avengers Assemble. I hope Ruffalo stays in the role and they don't go down the road of The Incredible Hulk by jettisoning intelligence for unengaging action sequences.

Marwood -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (1/5/2012 5:20:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

It looks like it's on judging by the response to the character in Avengers Assemble. I hope Ruffalo stays in the role and they don't go down the road of The Incredible Hulk by jettisoning intelligence for unengaging action sequences.

I think that's getting ahead of things really; Kevin Feige says there's no plans, the head of marketing says there should be, Hulk's popularity in The Avengers doesn't necessarilly equal a new solo film.

I'd like to see Ruffalo return in the role by all means as I really enjoyed what he did with Banner and that he was very different to how Bana and Norton respectively have played him - it all fit in the context of the films of course - but so far he's my favourite interpretation.

However Hulk as a solo film franchiser is difficult to get right and while I've enjoyed both previous films I really feel he's better served as being part of an ensemble of these heroes - he gets to shine very brightly but doesn't wear out his welcome.

I'd be interested to see another Hulk film but would rather they used him as a supporting or ensemble character from now on in other films - providing he wasn't crowbarred in I'd much rather see him turn up in Captain America 2 or Thor 2 or just save him for the inevitable Avengers 2 when they're brought back together to kick some Earth or galaxy threatening arse again.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (1/5/2012 5:45:49 PM)

Based on having only seen their respective films, haven't seen Avengers yet, watching it tonight, I can safely say I'd much rather another Hulk film than a Captain America one.

superdan -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (1/5/2012 5:52:41 PM)

Given Ruffalo has signed a 6-film deal, I'll be astonished if we don't see him leading a new Hulk movie.

RobotDevil -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (1/5/2012 8:22:42 PM)

I think there is potential for Banner to appear in future Marvel Universe films without the Hulk, acting in a scientist capacity for instance. Don't know how popular it would be though if people saw that Ruffalo was in the movie and turned up expecting the Hulk.

Whistler -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (2/5/2012 11:59:55 AM)

I just watched The Incredible Hulk for the first time last night, and I'd be perfectly happy to see another one. Maybe not six... but another one or two. I also thought Norton was fine, but I did prefer Ruffalo as Banner.

st3veebee -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (2/5/2012 2:13:53 PM)

Yeah Ruffallo is easily the best Hulk yet: bring on a few movies! I have two issues though:

1. Hulk worked superbly as a side character in Avengers, making him the central character wouldn't be as effective. Perhaps sharing billing with another character (Thor [:)]) would be better.

2. The pants. Someone must think of a way around the stretchy pants. Nobody wants to see Hulks green wang flapping around in 3D...but the pants are getting ridiculously worn at this stage....and why is he naked when he crashed though the factory in Avengers? Where are his indestructible pants then?!?!?!

Harry Tuttle -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (2/5/2012 2:24:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Yeah Ruffallo is easily the best Hulk yet: bring on a few movies! I have two issues though:

1. Hulk worked superbly as a side character in Avengers, making him the central character wouldn't be as effective. Perhaps sharing billing with another character (Thor [:)]) would be better.

See I disagree, I already think The Hulk has been in 2 films that are better than Captain America: The First Avenger so I'm looking forward to another Hulk film, especially if Ruffles is involved. If his destiny does lie in appearing in the films of the other Avengers I agree that teaming The Hulk with Thor would be the best (and most indestructible) match up. Banner would be better suited in an Iron Man film though, his rapport with Stark was one of many highlights in the film.

Whistler -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (2/5/2012 4:38:35 PM)

quote:

2. The pants. Someone must think of a way around the stretchy pants. Nobody wants to see Hulks green wang flapping around in 3D...but the pants are getting ridiculously worn at this stage....and why is he naked when he crashed though the factory in Avengers? Where are his indestructible pants then?!?!?!

You wouldn't want to see that?

st3veebee -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (3/5/2012 3:41:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

You wouldn't want to see that?

Sorry: meant to say everybody. Especially kids.

Frank Castle -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (3/5/2012 11:16:22 PM)

i personally loved the bits with ruffalo and downey jr in the avengers. a hulk/ironman flick would be awesome

Cool Breeze -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (4/5/2012 10:24:00 AM)

Why does this thread exist? There is no new Hulk movie planned for release in 2015 or any other time.The only thing that has been strongly rumoured is a tv series in which case it means that Bruce Banner will be recast AGAIN.

Hulk will probably turn up in an Avengers sequel but thats about it.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (4/5/2012 1:12:51 PM)

I don't see the problem, where else would you discuss the possibility of a future Hulk film if not in future films.

I would say the chance of a TV show is a lot less likely than another film especially now, Hulk pretty much stole the show in Avengers.

I think in the Avengers they struck the right balance of seriousness and humour. The injection of humour in to the character seemed to fit perfectly, the other films weren't exactly bad but one of my biggest problems was that they took themselves far too seriously. If Marvel lock Ruffalo down for future films which I believe they have and carry the same tone over into his own outings I would be definately interested in a new Hulk film.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (4/5/2012 1:22:58 PM)

Still haven't seen Avengers but i'm always game for a new Hulk movie. I'd like Renny Harlin to direct!

Beno -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (5/5/2012 6:18:40 PM)

Hulk vs The Leader has got to happen. In Nortons incarnation that baddie was created but never built upon. This is one Marvel movie wish i have.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (20/5/2012 2:25:43 PM)

I wish Hollywood would do a film version of 'Planet Hulk'! That film would kick ass bigtime! Instead of John Carter of Mars it'll be Bruce Banner of Sakaar! [:D]

KeithM -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (21/5/2012 5:18:54 PM)

quote:

Unstable Molecules

[8|]

The Incredibles *ahem* borrowed the idea for their costumes too. Kinda awkward what with Reed being at a different studio, and some of the hardcore may have an aneurism if Stark, Banner or, most logically otherwise, Hank Pym came up with them, but it's a 'canon' solution...

Mr. White -> RE: New Hulk (2015) (7/6/2012 2:53:03 AM)

I loved Norton in the Incredible Hulk. The other hulk movie was terrible. Mark was really good too. As long as they are as good as The Incredible Hulk movie I don't mind them making them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI