Chloe Moretz Talks Carrie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Chloe Moretz Talks Carrie (30/4/2012 9:59:14 AM)

Post your comments on this article

ingloriouslanda -> Usually... (30/4/2012 9:59:14 AM)

I'd scoff at the idea at another remake, and while I am apprehensive about the continuing rise in remakes/reboots/re-imaginings Moretz is one of the finest young female actress I've seen in years, Let Me In was much better than I anticipated and although I thought Hugo was a tad overrated her performance in it was good, of course everyone remembers her from basically stealing Kick Ass from under the rest of the cast so I'll leave off my judgement until i see this for myself.

kisswithatear -> Really though? (30/4/2012 11:41:32 AM)

Is it really necessary? I don't know. I want to be enthusiastic because it's a great story, grim and filled with really interesting characters. But as soon as the words "Black Swan" were introduced I suddenly felt less confident. Carrie is a face value character I found, all her insecurities and self esteem derived quite simply around her mother's misguided upbringing. Black Swan offered a duality to a character who was discovered her inner darkness. Carrie isn't about duality but about self discovery and growth. It's about the character discovering the inner anger she's always felt and using it to explosive effect. The original film was amazing, I don't know how they can improve on that... But I'll reserve my judgement for the final product, for now I'll be sceptical.

BenTramer -> (30/4/2012 2:51:07 PM)

I approach all remakes with caution, most of them are awful. Some get it right but I always give them the benefit of the doubt. Chloe Moretz is a fine young actress and this will be a real stretch for her which is good.

NeoBrowser -> RE: Empire (1/5/2012 4:33:04 AM)

I'm quite looking forward to this. Chloe is a brilliant actress and should do well.
And the original one was so terrible that this could not possibly be any worse.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI