Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine

Cool Breeze -> Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (26/4/2012 9:15:12 PM)

Am i the only one who couldnt give a rats arse about Empires awards show coverage? Especialy their own.I mean do we really have to see year after year of Empire printing photosof arse kissed overpaid actors posing for camera? A lot of magazine space is taken up with this and its just a waste of space in the magazine.I buy the magazine for reviews,set reports,and articles on classic films.I find it boring to see endless photos of actors being chummy at awards shows that i always skip these '' artcles ''.There are really too many awards shows for films anyway and its tiresome to hear and read about them as if they actually matter.

MonsterCat -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (26/4/2012 11:27:28 PM)

With all due respect, sir, it's not as if the awards coverage takes up every single inch of space in the magazine.

Just skip that part. Job done.

rawlinson -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (27/4/2012 12:27:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

i always skip these '' artcles ''.There are really too many awards shows for films anyway and its tiresome to hear and read about them as if they actually matter.

If you always skip them, how can they be tiresome to read about? Surely the act of skipping them means you don't read them?

MonsterCat -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (27/4/2012 12:43:26 AM)

Also: there are many, many people out there who will want to bone up on what happened with the awards show, and Empire is simply catering to those people.

The magazine can't cater to everybody's taste, it would be impossible to do so. They really can't be worrying about upsetting a few people who don't like the award coverage.

rawlinson -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (27/4/2012 12:52:14 AM)

Plus, it's Empire's awards ceremony. To expect the magazine to ignore the ceremony is a bit odd. Of course they're going to cover it, but unless Helen O'Hara turns up at your house and takes A Clockwork Orange approach to get you to read the bit about the awards, then it's not really a big deal.

MartinBlank76 -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (27/4/2012 8:58:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Plus, it's Empire's awards ceremony. To expect the magazine to ignore the ceremony is a bit odd. Of course they're going to cover it, but unless Helen O'Hara turns up at your house and takes A Clockwork Orange approach to get you to read the bit about the awards, then it's not really a big deal.

Exactly. And they have always covered them, and its only once a year. I always find them interesting enough especially the group photos were you see british actors, few people off the telly, comedy host, big hollywood star!!!!, british actors, few people off the telly - all sitting in a row.

horribleives -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (27/4/2012 1:26:17 PM)

I don't have any problem with it being covered but I reckon 14 pages - that basically amount to pictures of famous people smiling - is a bit much. Though as someone else said, I can always ignore it, and in fact, other than lingering for a few seconds on the bits of skirt from Harry Potter, that's exactly what I did. Job done.

filmfanatic123 -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (29/4/2012 12:05:34 AM)

It is their awards show...

Cool Breeze -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (9/5/2012 9:42:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

Yes but it is our money that is used to buy the magazine,they could fill it with somerthing more worthwhile than pictures of overpaid actors smiling and hugging together.

matty_b -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (9/5/2012 10:22:26 PM)

And if you don't want your money to go towards it, stop buying it. It's very simple.

Also, they're funded by ads, not just your four quid a week.

Spaldron -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (10/5/2012 1:02:26 AM)

I'm just annoyed they never televised any of them.

matty_b -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (10/5/2012 8:19:57 AM)

I know, what do you pay your money for? [:-]

DancingClown -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (10/5/2012 12:56:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes but it is our money that is used to buy the magazine,they could fill it with somerthing more worthwhile than pictures of overpaid actors smiling and hugging together.

Shut up.

MonsterCat -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (10/5/2012 1:57:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Shut up.

Classy.

Spaldron -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (10/5/2012 3:00:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shut up.

Classy.

[:D]

DancingClown -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (10/5/2012 3:05:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shut up.

Classy.

[:D]

Well, you know, "when in Rome"...

Helen OHara -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (11/5/2012 11:20:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

DAMMIT someone has figured out my ultimate masterplan.

And of course we're going to cover our own awards show. Apart from anything else, who seriously objects to amusing pictures of beautiful people? It's literally once a year; I don't think it's unreasonable. Incidentally, the awards have been televised once or twice, in part or in full.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (11/5/2012 11:35:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Also, they're funded by ads, not just your four quid a week.

Matty, I think someone is ripping you off.

matty_b -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (11/5/2012 12:35:54 PM)

WHAT.

nollyg -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (26/5/2012 8:08:01 AM)

quote:

Am i the only one who couldnt give a rats arse about Empires awards show coverage? Especialy their own.I mean do we really have to see year after year of Empire printing photosof arse kissed overpaid actors posing for camera? A lot of magazine space is taken up with this and its just a waste of space in the magazine.I buy the magazine for reviews,set reports,and articles on classic films.I find it boring to see endless photos of actors being chummy at awards shows that i always skip these '' artcles ''.There are really too many awards shows for films anyway and its tiresome to hear and read about them as if they actually matter.

Sir, you are not the only one left fuming with the ridiculous amount of coverage. It's an OUTRAGE!

Also many of your naysayers have pointed out that it's EMPIRE's awards so they're are bound to cover it.

Why the FUCK, then, do they need to cover it in the magazine AND the website.

EMPIRE please leave this type of feckless shite to HEAT magazine.

While I'm on a rant, get rid of 'My Movie Mastermind' it is poop as well.

(and no crossword this month GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm left in raggy purple pants![:'(])

DancingClown -> RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. (26/5/2012 8:32:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nollyg

Sir, you are not the only one left fuming with the ridiculous amount of coverage. It's an OUTRAGE!

Well...the Syrian government's continued brutal crackdown on protesters is an outrage. For some this issue could be described at best as a mild annoyance, one that only occurs once a year. Personally I enjoy the coverage. If there's something in the magazine that doesn't interest me I skip it. Simples. I suggest that you sir/madam go out into the sunshine and have some sex or something. Or at the very least a nice refreshing cup of tea.

Unless of course your disproportionate ire was ironic. If so well done.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI