The Raid (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> World Cinema

MuckyMuckMan -> The Raid (23/4/2012 9:22:18 AM)

Well I just saw the impressive The Raid at the Bradford International Film Festival last night and oh boy did it not disappoint. From start to finish the film was unrelenting brutal chop socky action that will satiate the appetite of any action movie fan.
Yes ok the storyline wasn't the most original but I don't think that was the point of the film. The film was, for me, a showcase for the most amazing martial artists to show their prowess in the art. Which leads me onto the action, needless to say it was so brutal and bone crunching in places that every now and then the audience would all wince and go oooooooooo!!!! simultaneously (especially with one particular takedown involving a door). Particular standouts on the action front have to go to the lead actor Iko Uwais who plays Rama and Yayan Ruhian who plays Mad Dog (the name explains it all). Truely, this is a must see for any action movie fan.

9/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899353/

Spaldron -> RE: The Raid (23/4/2012 3:59:33 PM)

Saw this last week, amazing film and an instant cult classic imo.

9/10

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: The Raid (23/4/2012 4:03:38 PM)

Seconded. 9/10 [:)]

MuckyMuckMan -> RE: The Raid (5/5/2012 2:52:32 PM)

There is a special preview Sun 6th May at the Showcase cinema in Leeds for anyone who fancies it and lives close by.

foodfather -> RE: The Raid (17/5/2012 1:19:29 PM)

Good film but Mindblowingly overated. Dunno where the love came from, maybe cause its the first big WW asian release in a long time. City of Violence is just as good but that got hardly any attention. Good that indonesia is getting a cinematic boost from this though.

Cool Breeze -> RE: The Raid (20/5/2012 8:27:01 PM)

Saw this today after looking forward to it for a long time and...i was slightly disappointed with the film.I love hard core old school action films and while the fight scenes are brilliantly staged the film is rather slow to get going and is in fact rather boring in places.The plot (such as it is) is rather predictable and could have used some humour.Action classics like Die Hard and Hard Boiled are laugh out loud funny in places and this took itself rather too seriously.

It sound like im being harsh on the film but i did enjoy it and glad i saw it.The final three way fight scene is one of the best iv ever seen but maybe the hype over the last few months raised my expectations too much.A good solid action film but nowhere near the heights of Hard Boiled and Die Hard.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The Raid (25/5/2012 6:33:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: foodfather

Good film but Mindblowingly overated. Dunno where the love came from, maybe cause its the first big WW asian release in a long time. City of Violence is just as good but that got hardly any attention. Good that indonesia is getting a cinematic boost from this though.

Lol wut.

City of Violence nearly bored me to tears. With a title like that I'm sure they could get done for false advertising.

Vadersville -> RE: The Raid (30/5/2012 12:00:23 AM)

Just saw this in the cinema. All the way through the audience was going ahhh or oooh at all the painful deaths. Truly epic action film. Loved it!

TragicRomantic -> RE: The Raid (8/7/2012 6:28:50 AM)

Please no remake,this is absolutely perfect.

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: The Raid (8/7/2012 2:27:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TragicRomantic

So much this. [:)]

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Raid (8/7/2012 9:06:57 PM)

quote:

They have to remake it though, because reading subtitles distracts from the action on the screen. This film needs to be remade with an American star in it (or an Austrailian doing a US accent) a Hans Zimmer score and an edit every 3 seconds. Plus, it will be changed so that there will be a love interest or the main guy's wife gets kidnapped just so there can be a female on the screen for more than 10 seconds. That's just the way it has to be.

I feel so dirty and shall kill myself at once.

TragicRomantic -> RE: The Raid (8/7/2012 10:57:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

They have to remake it though, because reading subtitles distracts from the action on the screen. This film needs to be remade with an American star in it (or an Austrailian doing a US accent) a Hans Zimmer score and an edit every 3 seconds. Plus, it will be changed so that there will be a love interest or the main guy's wife gets kidnapped just so there can be a female on the screen for more than 10 seconds. That's just the way it has to be.

I feel so dirty and shall kill myself at once.

In other words,a different inferior film!
Most of the Asian remakes since The Ring have been poor.
Or remakes in general!

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Raid (9/7/2012 6:51:47 PM)

Oh, there is absolutely no doubt it will be a vastly inferior film but they'll make it anyway. It made money and was popular, Hollywood wants a piece of that.

homersimpson_esq -> WHY (11/9/2012 3:25:55 AM)

Pfft, this is just a remake of DREDD, anywa.... oh wait.

filmfan90 -> RE: WHY (19/9/2012 10:18:58 AM)

Has anyone else here pre-ordered The Raid yet? It's out next month and I cannot wait for it! If you didn't catch it in cinemas - you missed out big time. This is easily one of the greatest action movies of ALL time and that's no exaggeration.

There's a very cool site for The Raid that I think you guys will enjoy (I do!) - http://www.totalfanhub.com/the-raid/ - well worth checking

[image]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/the-raid-movie-image-1-600x398.jpg[/image]

lazywriter -> RE: WHY (20/9/2012 4:12:19 PM)

Calling this movie 'amazing' would be an understatement. It was mind-blowing to say the least. Pelacan Silak (Indonesian martial art), british director who has been making documentaries on martial arts earlier and music by Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. What else is needed for an action movie?

MuckyMuckMan -> RE: WHY (21/9/2012 3:46:52 PM)

Anyone seen any decent bluray steelbooks for The Raid? I've seen the one on Play.com but I don't like the artwork.

Chris49 -> RE: WHY (26/1/2013 11:03:08 AM)

I loved this film, its a shame it was in subtitles.

Timon -> The Raid 2: Raid Harder (29/1/2013 1:57:25 PM)

Following Gareth Evans on Twitter and it seems the filming of the sequel thus far is going really well.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: WHY (29/1/2013 2:11:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris49

Yeah.That was my problem with Pans Labyrinth.If it wasn't subtitled it would have been a far,far greater film.

Timon -> RE: WHY (29/1/2013 2:39:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Yeah.That was my problem with Pans Labyrinth.If it wasn't subtitled it would have been a far,far greater film.

[image]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Facepalm.gif[/image]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: WHY (29/1/2013 2:42:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I think you missed the sarcasm.[:D]

Baggiebhoy -> RE: WHY (29/1/2013 10:20:49 PM)

I can understand how people who are more into their martial arts think it is overrated, but as somebody who hasn't exactly seen huge amounts, I thought it was superb. I don't know whether to get the DVD, or go for the blu-ray though.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI