Hall of Fame 14: Winner (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> The Hall Of Fame

rawlinson -> Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:25:19 PM)

[image]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/worldsgreatestsinner/Assassination.jpg[/image]

An excellent film, really deserving. Congrats to MovieAddict, sorry to the rest of you, and thanks everyone for taking part. We'll be starting the noir round as soon as we can.

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:28:52 PM)

Congrats to Movieaddict. [:)]

I checked the Hof List to see where I'd rank this - I think the films are out of order? I can't remember if Apartment was Hof 2 or 3, but I'm pretty sure Chinatown was Hof 1 (and, I seem to recall, up against Seven Samurai and a Welles - maybe Kane?)

MonsterCat -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:39:15 PM)

Good pick.

MovieAddict247 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:40:02 PM)

Yay!!!

I really enjoyed taking part - some of the films were fantastic, and even the ones that weren't, I did enjoy watching (it's great seeing a film I'd never have chosen to watch - let alone heard of in many cases - I feel more cultured!).

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:45:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I checked the Hof List to see where I'd rank this - I think the films are out of order? I can't remember if Apartment was Hof 2 or 3, but I'm pretty sure Chinatown was Hof 1 (and, I seem to recall, up against Seven Samurai and a Welles - maybe Kane?)

It might help you (or drive you nuts) to know that Eureka was in second place, and only 2 points behind.

And yeah, it should be Chinatown - Apartment - Sunrise - Rear Window, but when you scroll down the thread, they are in order for the rest of it, it's just that first post is out of order.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:46:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Yay!!!

I really enjoyed taking part - some of the films were fantastic, and even the ones that weren't, I did enjoy watching (it's great seeing a film I'd never have chosen to watch - let alone heard of in many cases - I feel more cultured!).

If you feel like taking part again, we're going to be asking people to sign up for round 15 once we have the noir round up and running.

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:53:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

It might help you (or drive you nuts) to know that Eureka was in second place, and only 2 points behind.

Why would you do that? Why??!

Assassination was, sadly, my bottom choice. I'm really pleased Eureka was so well received, though. And if the Brit list is re-run I'm looking forward to bumps for Tunes of Glory, The Shout and Fallen Idol.

matty_b -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:57:14 PM)

Great choice for a winner.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:57:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Either

1. I'm nice, and I was reassuring you that Eureka was well received after everyone dreading watching it. And the fact that it was that close to the win would be comforting.

2. I'm just evil. [:D]

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 3:59:18 PM)

Or even both [:D]

It is nice especially given, as you say, the jokes up front about the length and the fact everyone seemed to leave it to last.

MovieAddict247 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 4:00:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Yay!!!

If you feel like taking part again, we're going to be asking people to sign up for round 15 once we have the noir round up and running.

I'd love to - I'll do my best to pick something less....whorey (is that a word?)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Congrats to Movieaddict. [:)]

Assassination was, sadly, my bottom choice. I'm really pleased Eureka was so well received, though. And if the Brit list is re-run I'm looking forward to bumps for Tunes of Glory, The Shout and Fallen Idol.

Opposite for me - Eureka was my bottom choice. It's odd, cos they're relatively similar films - beautiful, quiet, subtle and really long.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 4:02:05 PM)

quote:

It is nice especially given, as you say, the jokes up front about the length and the fact everyone seemed to leave it to last.

I've been there, Long Distance Runner was about 4 points behind M. Could have killed TRM. [:D]

quote:

I'd love to - I'll do my best to pick something less....whorey (is that a word?)

It is. It describes any winning HoF nomination. [:D]

MovieAddict247 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 4:05:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

It is. It describes any winning HoF nomination. [:D]

[:D]

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 4:18:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

I've been there, Long Distance Runner was about 4 points behind M. Could have killed TRM. [:D]

Yikes, that was a difficult one. I'm afraid I'd have thrown my points at TRM, though.

Rebenectomy -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 4:29:36 PM)

Well done Movie Addict, even if I did place the film last in my final round vote.

Also, the HOF thread is now all tidied and up to date.

impqueen -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 6:31:48 PM)

Well done Movie Addict. [:)]

nomimalone -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 7:30:07 PM)

Well done Movie Addict. I honestly didn't think TAOJJBTCRF would win (probably because I found it beautiful, but tedious.) [8D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (22/4/2012 11:52:11 PM)

I think this was the third best film for me in the round, but still a worthy winner.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner (7/5/2012 9:47:02 AM)

I really didn't get chance to check out many of the movies from this round. I'm looking forward to watching Eureka.

Congrats to the winner. I've only seen the film once, so it might be time for me to give it a re-watch and see if my feeling on the film has changed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI