RE: BATTLESHIP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

Magneto -> RE: BATTLESHIP (4/11/2012 11:40:18 AM)

Looks crap. I'll be buying it soon.

[:D]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: BATTLESHIP (7/11/2012 9:13:48 PM)

It's not, and i hope you enjoy it [:D]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: BATTLESHIP (12/1/2013 1:37:18 AM)

Looks like Battleship is going to get some recognition this awards season! It has 7 Razzie nominations [:D]

Worst picture
Worst director
Worst supporting actress X 2
Worst supporting actor
Worst screen ensemble
Worst screenplay

It's up against some stiff competition with the Twilight movie though!

NCC1701A -> RE: BATTLESHIP (12/1/2013 8:36:00 AM)

The Razzie are just a joke now. Battleship is not that bad.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: BATTLESHIP (12/1/2013 10:19:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

The Razzie are just a joke now. Battleship is not that bad.

I agree, but also think that all awards shows are a joke, especially the Oscars!

Chronicle -> RE: BATTLESHIP (15/1/2013 10:55:36 AM)

I'm going to watch this just because I want to see how bad it is [:D]

Seriously, that trailer.. "Fire with what, sir?" --> "All of them, BOOM BOOM BOOM"

I just think it's a shame they casted Rihanna, that's just too awfull.

thedrin -> RE: BATTLESHIP (3/8/2013 8:07:28 PM)

I'm very surprised. This was really good.

The action scenes were really well done. I also liked the action scenes in Berg's Hancock.I believe, sir, that you do him a massive disservice by repeatedly making comparisons to the action sequences in Transformers; even if they're intended to be favourable comparisons. While the tone of the destruction is similar (excluding the much reduced sleaze factor), the ones here are far better. For one thing they're coherent and understandable. Also I really appreciated the frequent cuts to high altitude shots of the battles below to help keep the general shape of the battle clear.

It's even more surprising that I liked this film because 2 minutes in I was hating the main character, and I still hated him after 20-30 minutes. Getting me to route for him was an impressive feat.

Incidentally, I also saw John Carter a couple of weeks ago. How did that script get green-lighted?

Dannybohy -> RE: BATTLESHIP (3/8/2013 9:03:11 PM)

Battleship is a good movie, doesn't take itself serious and great fun! much like slightly more awesome Pacific Rim

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: BATTLESHIP (5/8/2013 1:56:41 PM)

Best movie of 2012 TM!

Cool Breeze -> RE: BATTLESHIP (5/8/2013 5:33:19 PM)

Everything wrong with Battleship in 6 mins..http://youtu.be/1kmatKUBBck

[:D]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: BATTLESHIP (6/8/2013 1:55:31 PM)

I can't believe people actually still watch those 'Everything Wrong with...' vids. Nitpicking for the sake of it. I gave up after watching a couple of them.

Cool Breeze -> RE: BATTLESHIP (7/8/2013 3:38:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I can't believe people actually still watch those 'Everything Wrong with...' vids. Nitpicking for the sake of it. I gave up after watching a couple of them.

I enjoy watching the ones for films i LIKE.

But the vids for films i dont like are especially funny.The Skyfall one is the best.[;)]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: BATTLESHIP (8/8/2013 7:23:01 PM)

Ok they can be funny sometimes I'll admit that, but sometimes they are a bit nitpicky. Maybe i should watch the Battleship one again, although i will probably disagree with a lot of it!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI