RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Discodez -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (17/4/2012 2:32:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I think the worse is when you get something along the lines of...

-TV ads 20 mins
-Cinema 'Odeon' club card or something 1.50 min
- Public appeal from Ewan McG or Simon Pegg telling us how wrong piracy is. (Yes we know, please fuck off so the film can get started!) 2.min
Movie trailers 6 min
-Orange skit. 2.min
[:@]

Back in the day, you went in, got a "Lets All Go To The Lobby" like ad, movie trailers and then BAM right into the film![:D]

PEA-NUTS!- golden wonder, they're jungle fresh! and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddpwdHwOcfs

Hood_Man -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (19/4/2012 6:56:44 PM)

Personal best, went to see Titanic yesterday and it took 40 minutes from the lights going out to the BBFC logo appearing on screen.

target -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (22/4/2012 12:01:10 AM)

After reading this thread I had the sudden urge to buy some maltesers.

Myxomatosis -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (28/4/2012 4:20:55 PM)

I sit and read the news on my phone until the film trailers start. Sod watching that many adverts!

Ghidorah -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (29/4/2012 8:23:27 PM)

I use my local Showcase Cinema and I hardly ever had problems.

- Middle of nowhere
- Free parking
- Not part of a shopping mall. So there isn't shoppers turning up ten minute into a movie because they were too busy shopping or taking their time in the resturants.
- No allocated seats.
- Good pub across the road and serve good food.

My Showcase hardly show any TV adds. They go straigth into the trailers and use local advert stills while everyone is settling down. The other cinema is Vue, part of a shopping center and is part of the shopping experience. Allocated crap seats, late arrivals(shoppers) getting the back seats, adverts and more adverts. I remember one time there was 15 minutes of TV adverts and only one film trailer.[:@]

zappomatic -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (12/5/2012 12:17:44 AM)

Saw Beauty and the Beast 3D at Cineworld last night and was quite amazed that the ads and trailers totalled 7 minutes! Caught out quite a few people used to the typical 25 minutes you get at Cineworld.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (12/5/2012 12:23:14 PM)

Adverts are a pain, I still relly enjoy trailers at the cinema though. It used to be that you got a trailer a few months prior to release now its all teasers and something like three full trailers, seems like overkill. I think studios put a bit too much stock in marketing, look at John Carter. Trailer, a good film and strong word of mouth is really all you need.

Ref -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (12/5/2012 6:14:33 PM)

The adverts for Avengers Assemble at Cinema De Lux in Leicester was round about 20 minutes, about 3 trailers then the Orange 'switch off you're sodding phone' advert. Did get a tad annoying.

doubtlesswonder -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (12/5/2012 6:23:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zappomatic

Saw Beauty and the Beast 3D at Cineworld last night and was quite amazed that the ads and trailers totalled 7 minutes! Caught out quite a few people used to the typical 25 minutes you get at Cineworld.

I tend to find that there are less adverts and trailers in front of kids' films. Maybe they worry about how long children can sit quietly.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (12/5/2012 6:36:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

The adverts for Avengers Assemble at Cinema De Lux in Leicester was round about 20 minutes, about 3 trailers then the Orange 'switch off you're sodding phone' advert. Did get a tad annoying.

Yeah same here in the local Cineworld. Most infuraiting of all though was the advert that showed clips of the film we were about to fucking watch. We did get a trailer for The Raid though so that went some way towards making up for it.

white mage -> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema (12/5/2012 10:36:32 PM)

I always try to get in early to see a film, but hate sitting through the ads, yes it gives time for any stragglers to come in and find a seat but if I wanted to watch ads, I'd stay at home. But I must admit, the the ads do sound better in surround sound. The cinemas make a packet on tickets and food, should that not be enough 

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02