Sheffield IMAX (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base

Nis -> Sheffield IMAX (11/4/2012 10:11:22 AM)

Hey peeps,

Has anyone been to the new Sheffield IMAX yet @ Cineworld? I was wondering what it was like compared to other IMAX screens in the UK, size etc?

Thanks,

Nis.

adambatman82 -> RE: Sheffield IMAX (11/4/2012 3:48:35 PM)

I've been. I went to the opening night gala actually.

I'm not the greatest fan of Digital IMAX screens, but this is actually really nice. The only other IMAX's I've ever visited are genuine full IMAX's in Bradford and Manchester, so was preparing to be underwhelmed, but this was fine.

Beno -> RE: Sheffield IMAX (11/4/2012 9:43:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

I'm not the greatest fan of Digital IMAX screens, but this is actually really nice. The only other IMAX's I've ever visited are genuine full IMAX's in Bradford and Manchester, so was preparing to be underwhelmed, but this was fine.

So whats the difference between Sheffields and the 'genuine full' ones dude??

adambatman82 -> RE: Sheffield IMAX (11/4/2012 9:52:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

It boils down to two things. One is the size of the screen, a genuine IMAX screen is traditionally significantly bigger than a digital IMAX one. The second is the type of projector: digital IMAX ones are digital (obviously!) whereas a genuine IMAX system revolves around a special type of unique film. This article explains the differences better than I could. -

http://www.slashfilm.com/qa-imax-theatre-real-imax-liemax/

I'm quite fond of digital IMAX screens myself, simply because the auditoriums are more comfortable! Real IMAX's are imposing buildings with terrible legroom! I do think that there ought to be a greater distinction made between Digital IMAX and real IMAX tho.

Beno -> RE: Sheffield IMAX (12/4/2012 10:45:51 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

It boils down to two things. One is the size of the screen, a genuine IMAX screen is traditionally significantly bigger than a digital IMAX one. The second is the type of projector: digital IMAX ones are digital (obviously!) whereas a genuine IMAX system revolves around a special type of unique film. This article explains the differences better than I could. -

http://www.slashfilm.com/qa-imax-theatre-real-imax-liemax/

I'm quite fond of digital IMAX screens myself, simply because the auditoriums are more comfortable! Real IMAX's are imposing buildings with terrible legroom! I do think that there ought to be a greater distinction made between Digital IMAX and real IMAX tho.

Thats great man thanks

[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI