RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 9:23:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

And Dolph Lundgren is awesome. I follow him on Facebook and he actually posts himself, it's pretty cool.

That almost makes me want to join Facebook. [:D]

Dolph (or maybe someone else, but he has replied to people) just posted this on Facebook-

'Here's a preview of a new documentary on the making of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE that was meant to be featured on a new reissue of the film.

If the new anniversary edition won't be released, director Roger Lay Jr still plans on including this material in the special features of his upcoming TOY MASTERS film when it is released on DVD / BLU-RAY.-
Click'

I want a Masters of the Universe Anniversary Blu-Ray [:D]

Discodez -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (17/4/2012 2:14:35 PM)

(I'm sure I will get loads of stick for this) 

John Wayne.

Can't say I've ever seen a film of his and come away thinking anything other than "Meh"

snaze1 -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 11:31:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

John Wayne.

Can't say I've ever seen a film of his and come away thinking anything other than "Meh"

Im with you on that, terrible actor in rubbish films

st3veebee -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 12:48:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

John Wayne.

Perhaps not the most versatile of actors, but I think he had undeniable screen presence and a very distinctive voice. Also Rio Bravo is a good fiml.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 1:09:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

John Wayne.

The Cowboys and The Shootist are both underrated gems in my book and I'm not a fan of Westerns. It may be because they are more character studies than the normal guns-and-horses Western.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 1:23:52 PM)

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say John Wayne has never been in a good film, he's been in a few that a lot of people would consider classics. Stuff like The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,Stagecoach, Rio Bravo, Searchers and True Grit for example.

A good performance is another thing altogether though.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 1:44:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
A good performance is another thing altogether though.

Oh, he's rubbish, I agree but the man was in good films, like you say [:)]

MattTheBadger -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 1:56:10 PM)

Julia Roberts?

Ocean's 11 is good in spite of her. Don't get me started on Erin Brockovich.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 2:16:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MattTheBadger

Julia Roberts?

Ocean's 11 is good in spite of her.

You just answered your own question [:D]

Plus, she was in The Player, so.....

MattTheBadger -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 3:30:40 PM)

Good shout on The Player but, as with Ocean's 11, I don't think we can say she's what makes it good, or contributes positively in any way.

I appreciate I'm stretching the original brief but it seemed a slightly more interesting answer than Martin Lawrence.

filipe -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 9:16:18 PM)

i would say the awfull actor chuck norris

Cool Breeze -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (19/4/2012 9:25:13 PM)

quote:

John Wayne.

The Searchers is one of the greatest films ever made and Wayne is fantastic in it.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI