RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 2:20:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

He also did Gods and Monsters.

Yeah, and I thought he was good in The Quiet American too.

MonsterCat -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 2:20:32 PM)

And he was good in The Passion of Darkly Noon.

horribleives -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 2:24:24 PM)

Has anyone mentioned Dolph Lundgren, Stephen Segal, Jean Claude Van Damme or Chuck Norris yet? If so then they deserve mentioning again. Cunts.

MonsterCat -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 2:28:45 PM)

Steven Seagal bores me. The man is basically a blank.

Action movie heroes like Schwarzenegger and Stallone aren't really known for their acting chops, but at least they have screen presence. Seagal is just... nothing.

Spaldron -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 3:38:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Has anyone mentioned Dolph Lundgren,

[image]http://nymoviereviews.com/wp-content/rocky4.jpg[/image]

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT! [:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 3:39:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Action movie heroes like Schwarzenegger and Stallone aren't really known for their acting chops, but at least they have screen presence. Seagal is just... nothing.

He's a pony tailed twat and Van Damme could knock him out in his sleep!

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 3:45:20 PM)

quote:

Has anyone mentioned Dolph Lundgren, Stephen Segal, Jean Claude Van Damme or Chuck Norris yet? If so then they deserve mentioning again. Cunts.

Dolph and Van Damme I quite like to be honest. And Van Damme is excellent in JCVD -i'm referring to his acting by the way!

As for Chuck and Steve, they're both a couple of twats, esp the former who's a right winged shithead who got his ass whopped silly by Bruce Lee (a legend!)!

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 3:48:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

His a pony tailed twat and Van Damme could knock him out in his sleep!

With all of this concur I do. [:D] Never been much of a Seagal fan myself to be honest.

Spaldron -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 5:50:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

His a pony tailed twat and Van Damme could knock him out in his sleep!

With all of this concur I do. [:D] Never been much of a Seagal fan myself to be honest.

Steven Seagull doesn't even do his own stunts as he's such a fat bastard these days. In fact I heard he doesn't even do any walking either, got a stunt guy for that also. Twat.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:11:03 PM)

He hardly even appears in scenes with his co-stars any more. He films his alone while other cast members film with a double. You can see this a lot in his tv show True Justice.

I do like some of his early work, though, some of the violence is mental. Case in point- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_efS4lfhD4 I like the brutality of that for some reason. He can't act to save himself, though.

sanchia -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:21:36 PM)

Apparently he still goes on about how he was screwed over on his divorce from Kelly Le Brock and that was 15 years ago.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:33:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Apparently he still goes on about how he was screwed over on his divorce from Kelly Le Brock and that was 15 years ago.

Yeah, he's a bit of a dick (if stories about how he treated Le Brock are true) but have you seen this?-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUaesUh-M3Q

Come on! [:D]

(just to be clear, here, I am taking the piss and not actually defending Steven Seagal. I do enjoy a couple of his older films but Van Damme is better. Just thought I'd put that out there before anyone thinks I'm being serious [sm=augen14.gif])

Scott_ -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:34:17 PM)

quote:

Dolph Lundgren is awesome! I will not hear a bad word spoken of the legend that is Lundgren. Red Scorpion, Showdown in Little Tokyo, Unisol: Regeneration are all awesome films and a few of his more recent straight to DVD efforts are pretty good.

Van Damme has JCVD, Hard Target and Unisol: Regeneration is one of the better action movies of the last couple of years.

I like Seagals early 90's stuff (Out for Justice, Marked for Death are good). I've seen more of his latest efforts than I care to admit but I think he's hilarious so I give him a pass. [:D]

So yeah, they all have at least 1 good film. That walking meme Norris can fuck off though.

superdan -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:39:39 PM)

Chuck Norris was in Dodgeball. So close, but no cigar.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:41:02 PM)

I think I've seen 3 Chuck Norris films in full- The Delta Force, Delta Force 2 and Hellbound.

The first half of The Delta Force is great. It starts of as a hostage thriller that has some effective moments (a German air hostess being forced to call the names of Jewish passengers so they can get kidnapped) but then just erupts into 80s action movie madness like Chuck on a motorbike that has rockets [:)]

And Dolph Lundgren is awesome. I follow him on Facebook and he actually posts himself, it's pretty cool.

Scott_ -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 6:44:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

And Dolph Lundgren is awesome. I follow him on Facebook and he actually posts himself, it's pretty cool.

That almost makes me want to join Facebook. [:D]

I forgot Norris was in Dodgeball, I like that movie but it doesn't count.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 10:04:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Dolph Lundgren is awesome! I will not hear a bad word spoken of the legend that is Lundgren.

I've always liked you, Scott. [:D]

superdan -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 10:42:47 PM)

quote:

Hey, if Sam bloody Worthington gets a pass for Rogue, Norris gets a pass for Dodgeball.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 10:45:01 PM)

But wasn't Worthington the star of Rogue? At least one of them? Norris has a tiny cameo in Dodgeball, slight difference.

superdan -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 10:46:27 PM)

quote:

But wasn't Worthington the star of Rogue? At least one of them? Norris has a tiny cameo in Dodgeball, slight difference.

So we are talking about starring roles only? Because that could change the complexion of the whole thread.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 11:04:13 PM)

Well, I don't know, I was just saying there is more of a case to give Worthington a pass than Norris. I honestly don't care either way.

Scott_ -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 11:09:00 PM)

I've not read through the thread so I thought we were talking starring roles only. Rogue is good but that had nothing to do with Sam Worthington and his 2 minutes of screentime, same goes for Norris and Dodgeball.

I just came in here to defend Dolph Lundgren to be honest, ignore me. [:D]

Deviation -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 11:45:50 PM)

I think any rational human being knows that Lundgren is a God. It's his work that could have been a teensy bit better.

horribleives -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (15/4/2012 11:57:48 PM)

Actually I forgot about JCVD which I thought was great. Those other three planks can fuck right off though.

Spaldron -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 12:25:58 AM)

Tiny unspoken cameo parts should not count in this thread therefore Norris is definitely in.

AngryDude92 -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 5:24:12 PM)

Has Gerard Butler ever been good in anything?

Scruffybobby -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 6:49:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

He does a good job in How To Train Your Dragon - which is ace.

kumar -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 7:35:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

He does a good job in How To Train Your Dragon - which is ace.

I thought HTTYD was crap. Butler hasnt really taken off. He was okin 300 but I never fully liked the film. A side note in Reign of Fire too. Since he became "big" the only things i recall him in are a Rom Com with Jennifer Aniston (say no more), Gamer (rubbish) and Law Abiding Citizen (terrible). He is an unlucky guy- doesnt look like he has the star power just yet to pick and choose his roles.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 8:02:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

That almost makes me want to join Facebook. [:D]

Chuck was in Code Of Silence.A very decent 80s actioner.Its his best film by far.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? (16/4/2012 9:00:45 PM)

quote:

As for Chuck and Steve, they're both a couple of twats, esp the former who's a right winged shithead who got his ass whopped silly by Bruce Lee (a legend!)!

To be fair who wouldn't get their ass whooped by Bruce Lee? You say it like Bruce Lee is some kind of pussy! (although do cite him as a legend)

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI