(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Toby Dammit -> (26/3/2012 2:56:21 PM)

So, no best actor nomination for Michael Fassbender, and Harry Potter beats both Drive and Tinker, Tailor for best film. I remember when the Empire Awards righted the wrongs of other awards shows.

Toby Dammit -> (26/3/2012 2:56:55 PM)

So, no best actor nomination for Michael Fassbender, and Harry Potter beats both Drive and Tinker, Tailor for best film. I remember when the Empire Awards righted the wrongs of other awards shows.

S. C. Lee -> RE: (26/3/2012 3:02:34 PM)

La la la, you're not listening - oh well, never mind, I have things to do...

Wild about Wilder -> RE: RE: (26/3/2012 3:14:34 PM)

Not saying it was biased towards us Brits or anything it's just that the only 2 non Brit wins were not voted for? [sm=33.gif]

Qwerty Norris -> RE: RE: (26/3/2012 11:03:48 PM)

Yey for Olivia Colman & Kill List. [:)]

Eh for David Yates & Harry Potter? [8|]

kdevitt -> RE: RE: (27/3/2012 7:26:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: S. C. Lee
Once again, how have they lost credibility? They offered four / five films and people voted, now there's a winner.

The Harry Potter films are British, with a British cast and a British director, they've made a lot of money and brought worldwide attention to this country (in a good way.) They've made eight films over ten years, eight damn impressive films from difficult source material. Sounds like a worthy winner to me.

Hmm - average user rating for Harry Potter DH 2 on empireonline - 3 stars, average Drive rating - 4, hence a reasonable assumption would be that the average site user rated Drive as a better movie.

We'll have to agree to disagree on them making 8 damn impressive movies - Prisoner of Azkaban was fantastic, the rest went from total tosh to mediocre imo.

As for British directors - I didn't realise the best movie award boiled down to who supported the British industry most, but if you were to judge by that yardstick then Quantum of Solace should have walked away with best movie a few years back. I'd also imagine Chris Columbis and Alfonso Cuaron might have something to say about their Britishness.

kitfisto -> Still no love for Drive! What the hell is wrong with people? (27/3/2012 2:52:15 PM)

Harry Potter was very enjoyable but anyone who thinks it was better than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy is smoking crack!
Readers of Empire, you have let yourselves down

S. C. Lee -> RE: RE: (27/3/2012 3:30:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kdevitt

quote:

Once again, how have they lost credibility? They offered four / five films and people voted, now there's a winner.

The Harry Potter films are British, with a British cast and a British director, they've made a lot of money and brought worldwide attention to this country (in a good way.) They've made eight films over ten years, eight damn impressive films from difficult source material. Sounds like a worthy winner to me.

Hmm - average user rating for Harry Potter DH 2 on empireonline - 3 stars, average Drive rating - 4, hence a reasonable assumption would be that the average site user rated Drive as a better movie.

No, this proves absolutely nothing. The amount of people who bothered to comment on the Harry Potter and Drive threads, has no relation to the amount of people who voted. And with all due respect to the boards, I'm sure most people who read Empire don't use this forum.

S. C. Lee -> RE: Still no love for Drive! What the hell is wrong with people? (27/3/2012 3:34:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kitfisto

Harry Potter was very enjoyable but anyone who thinks it was better than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy is smoking crack!

Never touched drugs in my life. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two is a better film than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (which quite frankly bored me) and half it's audience, going by the reviews on Amazon.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Still no love for Drive! What the hell is wrong with people? (28/3/2012 9:25:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kitfisto

Never touched drugs in my life. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two is a better film than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (which quite frankly bored me) and half it's audience, going by the reviews on Amazon.

I respectfully & strongly disagree - although I guess those who voted in the Empire awards predominantly didn't.

They're wrong though....[:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI