Joss Whedon On Iron Man's Suit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Joss Whedon On Iron Man's Suit (9/3/2012 6:44:43 PM)

Post your comments on this article

spirals -> (9/3/2012 6:44:43 PM)

"you're going back to the circle because the triangle is ass"
Genius! The more I see and hear about the avengers (no i'm not calling it that dumbass title), the more I think joss whedon is actually going to pull this off.

spirals -> hahahahaha (9/3/2012 6:45:10 PM)

"you're going back to the circle because the triangle is ass"
Genius! The more I see and hear about the avengers (no i'm not calling it that dumbass title), the more I think joss whedon is actually going to pull this off.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: hahahahaha (9/3/2012 9:13:11 PM)

It's hilarious to hear him say that triangles have no meaning, but whatever. I liked the triangle better but this movie still doesn't interest me, regardless of the shape used on the suit.

rich -> RE: hahahahaha (10/3/2012 12:41:27 AM)

I'm pretty sure the shape has no "meaning", it's just a uni-beam projector regardless of circular, triangular or hexagonal shapes that have been used.

Spaldron -> RE: hahahahaha (10/3/2012 1:26:56 AM)

I preferred the triangle.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: hahahahaha (10/3/2012 1:59:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

I'm pretty sure the shape has no "meaning", it's just a uni-beam projector regardless of circular, triangular or hexagonal shapes that have been used.

Yes I'd agree, it is a design element of the suit, not a display of symbolism. I was just talking about his assertion that the circle is a shape that interests him in his role as a "classicist", where as the triangle is to his mind devoid of meaning....just forget about the triangle trade, the holy trinity, etc, I guess?

morrin -> (10/3/2012 9:11:01 AM)

Yeah what King of Kafiristan said!!!.... i think

Circle is better, looks better and all that x

Tenacious P -> (11/3/2012 8:05:42 AM)

Nah. Triangle all the way. Much better!

Scruffybobby -> RE: hahahahaha (11/3/2012 5:05:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

Yes I'd agree, it is a design element of the suit, not a display of symbolism. I was just talking about his assertion that the circle is a shape that interests him in his role as a "classicist", where as the triangle is to his mind devoid of meaning....just forget about the triangle trade, the holy trinity, etc, I guess?

Is it possible at all that he wasn't actually being serious when he said that? Happy to hear that Silvestri's doing the score. He did a great job on Captain America - and it's odds on that we'll get a reprise of that film's brilliant main theme

Shifty Bench -> RE: hahahahaha (11/3/2012 7:09:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby
Happy to hear that Silvestri's doing the score.

I agree, I was quite glad when I read that. I enjoy a lot of Silvestri's work.

ronniem -> (12/3/2012 8:59:20 AM)

Why didn't he say anything about the campy looking Captain America suit...looks cheesy.

potemkin1925 -> RE: hahahahaha (12/3/2012 10:47:31 AM)

King of Kafiristan, one post for a movie that does not interest you is odd, but two???

potemkin1925 -> RE: hahahahaha (12/3/2012 10:54:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: King of Kafiristan

quote:

By "classicist", Whedon meant he prefers the the "classic" look of Iron Man's suit and did not mean triangles had no meaning at all - he meant in regards to Iron Man the circle on his chest is a circle for a reason - which it is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI