FLASHMAN (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (9/3/2012 6:30:28 PM)

Hope it's better than the last effort with (a manificently dubbed) Klinton Spilsbury, and they cheered the villains & booed the hero; between that and Quentin's Unchained Django, I have a feeling that this might 'spur' on more cowboys...............

King of Kafiristan -> RE: First Image From Lone Ranger Online (9/3/2012 6:41:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Wow. Reminds me of The Simpsons episode where they're at the cinema and Lisa complains about inaccuracies in some period pice and Bart tells her to keep quiet because the ninja's are coming.
Anyway, I was hoping this would't be the worlds oldest hipster playing Jack Sparrow again but I shouldn't have hoped.

I used to love Depp, but his by the numbers brand of 'wackiness' is wearing thin, and this sort of Bruckheimer bombast isn't what I am looking for from my westerns. Excellent parallel to draw with that SIMPSONS episode, by the way. We're through the looking glass now it seems.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: First Image From Lone Ranger Online (9/3/2012 7:00:57 PM)

The image looks bad,but like always I will keep an open mind.
http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/58902.jpg
Depps thinks "Why didnt I get his part?".
Armie Hammer Thinks "Thank f*** I didnt get his part"

Histeria -> RE: First Image From Lone Ranger Online (10/3/2012 11:39:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

So, is Depp essentially blacking up for this role?

Nah, he's half Cherokee and Navajo or something. He played a Native American in the hugely under-appreciated The Brave a few years back.

He's not even close to half native american. His says his great-grandmother was "part cherokee".

TolkenHobbitGuy -> RE: First Image From Lone Ranger Online (10/3/2012 9:03:28 PM)

While i know thats the classic style for the Ranger, it does look a bit cheap and/or boring next
to Depps "souped up" version of Tonto. I like the look of the Ranger but yeah, next to Depp its very contrary.
Mabey thats the point..
I'll see it.

st3veebee -> RE: First Image From Lone Ranger Online (12/3/2012 3:08:18 PM)

I reall hope Depp doesn't make this wacky.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks kinda cool? Anyone? Hello?

[sm=scared04.gif]

J_BUltimatum -> (13/3/2012 11:39:52 AM)

Depp? You can count me out. Every single one of his movies since the first Pirates has been awful!!!!

Nicky C -> Jerry Bruckheimer produces Ubers?! (13/3/2012 10:01:11 PM)

My Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI