RE: Halo 4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Chief -> RE: Halo 4 (2/11/2012 10:04:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

Genuinely excited about this. Got my order that shopto have charged me a fortune yesterday

(order special edition AND halo 4 console AND standalone halo 4 controller!)

Do you not get two with the console?

Chief -> RE: Halo 4 (2/11/2012 11:53:43 AM)

Well, mine is parcelled up at Shopto and according to Facebook they have organised a special uplift from RM for Saturday. I'm not sure if the RM will turn them around and get them out for Monday though. Ah well.

MBeard -> RE: Halo 4 (2/11/2012 4:07:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Genuinely excited about this. Got my order that shopto have charged me a fortune yesterday

(order special edition AND halo 4 console AND standalone halo 4 controller!)

Do you not get two with the console?

Yeah but different to the stand alone controller. So will have 3 contollers (but gonna leave the stand alone boxed)

kata -> RE: Halo 4 (2/11/2012 6:46:40 PM)

Last episode of FUD was good. Finally get to see Kelly and Fred.

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (2/11/2012 8:56:41 PM)

So just been to do the week's food shop at Tesco (my Friday nights are so rock and roll!) with the intention of picking up Assassin's Creed 3 and what should I find tucked away in the game section......

Who wants to touch me?

[image]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/paulyboy81/halo4.jpg[/image]

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (3/11/2012 11:58:06 AM)

Slightly scared to try this on Live: Clicky!

jcthefirst -> RE: Halo 4 (5/11/2012 12:25:02 PM)

So...what are the supermarket deals for this then?

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (5/11/2012 2:27:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

So...what are the supermarket deals for this then?

Judging from various new stories it's pretty much the standard 37.99 - 39.99 everywhere unless you either:

A.) Trade in specific games against it for the usual HMV, Game & Blockbuster deals of 99p

or

B.) Buy 2100 MS points with it in places like Sainsbury's, in which case you get it for 32.99.

I think the days of supermarkets flogging AAA titles for 25 are long gone sadly.

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (5/11/2012 2:34:26 PM)

After the HaloWaypoint twitter feed gave the all clear on Saturday that people (who had a legit copy early) weren't getting banned I finally gave this a spin online.

I'm not a massive Halo fan like some, so I'm probably less attached to the way it used to be, but I've been having alot of fun with the multiplayer. The two most obvious changes being the choosing of load-outs and kill-streak perks, which are particularly fun if used at the right moment, calling for an air-drop rocket launcher pod when you're backed into a corner and outnumbered is rather satisfying it has to be said.

Only played the first three campaign levels but it's very slick, the opening cinematic is a particular highlight as are the visuals, it's a gorgeous game in places.

So yeah, all good so far.

kata -> RE: Halo 4 (5/11/2012 10:35:18 PM)

[image]http://i.minus.com/ibsGj7vrNRh64B.gif[/image]

sroey -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 8:16:55 AM)

Did I read that right in that review saying that you could aim down the sights of weapons? You cant do that as far as I can tell...still traditional Halo in that regard.

Oh and this game is fantastic!! MP is brilliantly addictive!

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 9:33:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Did I read that right in that review saying that you could aim down the sights of weapons? You cant do that as far as I can tell...still traditional Halo in that regard.

To be frank, I honestly haven't a fucking clue what they (Eurogamer) were talking about, you can't aim down the sights.

I'm sure there's a COD style button layout in the options somewhere, but all it's going to do is allow scoping with the L trigger, which most of the non sniping weapons don't have anyway.

sroey -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 11:13:05 AM)

I think its a superb game so far. The plot reveals have been a little baffling but the addition of the new weapons and vehicles are an excellent improvement.

The so called perks are very minor and are nothing like COD, same goes for the supply drops etc. So far these seem to consist of single use items such as, overshields, grenade types etc. Nothing approaching bombing runs or helicoptor gunships. Very subtle in use.

Favourite map: Ragnorok on Big Team Infinity Slayer

Angelus -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 11:27:36 AM)

Got the game, just have to make it through this day at work...

MBeard -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 11:46:52 AM)

Started this last night and the first thing I thought was it sounds truly amazing! A great soundtrack and I'm not an audio nerd.

I like how you feel like you are controlling Chief due to the HUD shape and the like. I also enjoyed just how epic the opening level was, particularly the end.

I didn't really enjoy Reach but already I'm loving this game.

sroey -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 4:27:29 PM)

Good shout on the sound quality MBeard. The standard assault rifle sounds much beefier now. Even though its range is poor. All of the weapons sound meatier and the sound is incredible throughout. Some of the dialogue tends to get lost during the very loud sequences but I can live with that.

Possible Minor Spoilers:

Anyone want to explain what the didact is actually after? lol I missed the cutscene and have no idea now. Other than he is evil of course.

Graphically this is fantastic. For anyone that cares about these things it runs at native 720p rather than an upscaled bastardised 720p. Some of the cutscenes look incredible...

Kata - that dance gif is quality! [:D]

kata -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 5:56:17 PM)

Just picked up the LE, nice little set. Well not "just", got it at 8.30 this morn and had to get through a full day of work.

Rhubarb -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 6:25:06 PM)

Multiplayer is a bit CODdy, which is okay so far - Halo had to kind of move on anyway, I just hope that after a few hours the Halo personality shines through it. Not enough game modes yet though in Multiplayer - all team games , except Regicide which is great fun. More of this kind of thing please. It does look absolutely beautiful, and sounds absolutely amazing. The campaign, I'm only 25% of the way through, but it feels like Halo, which is cool.

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (6/11/2012 10:48:54 PM)

Matchmaking servers were up and down like a yo-yo this evening, most of the playlists weren't even playable, gave up in the end.

To be expected I suppose but even so, will a AAA game ever release without multiplayer issues?

sroey -> RE: Halo 4 (7/11/2012 8:01:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Matchmaking servers were up and down like a yo-yo this evening, most of the playlists weren't even playable, gave up in the end.

To be expected I suppose but even so, will a AAA game ever release without multiplayer issues?

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. When has a big MP launch ever gone smoothly? It is to be expected but I do wonder how they plan for the influx of players and server load to come. Seems like all the planning in the world doesn't help.

I have been playing Big Team Infinity Slayer are there more map packs playlists incoming? They are a bit bare at the minute. Also I have the LE and have redeemed all the codes on there - except the female avatar outfit of course - have I redeemed my War Games pass now? Nothing in the game tells you that it has been redeemed but it does say the pass comes with the LE version of the game...

kata -> RE: Halo 4 (7/11/2012 9:53:07 AM)

The pass is one of the codes in the LE. Specializations, skins, emblem, map pk. It's the top one on the card.

Had a few Wargames and did the first 2 missions last night. More than happy with how 343 have handled it. Graphics are amazing too.

Sroey, Think the playlists were limited last night. I managed to get 1 game on Dominion from the full playlist but for the rest of the time I could only choose from 5 or so game types. Not sure if that's what you mean?

MBeard -> RE: Halo 4 (7/11/2012 11:54:38 AM)

What is the code for Forward Unto Dawn in the LE? It was free on Waypoint anyway so what does the code entitle me to?

Not at a console for a while so can't check.

kata -> RE: Halo 4 (7/11/2012 11:57:35 AM)

Behind the scenes stuff and it all stitched together into a film.

[image]http://i.imgur.com/FtJkC.png[/image]

jcthefirst -> RE: Halo 4 (7/11/2012 12:04:54 PM)

I was really quite taken aback by the intro cinematic. Beautiful stuff.

For one the weapons actually feel like they've got some weight behind them as well, instead of pew pew laser guns. Looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous too. Only halfway through the second mission, but so far it's very similar but very different, if that makes sense. That's good though.

Haven't touched MP yet though. That's saved for tonight.

Chief -> RE: Halo 4 (8/11/2012 10:09:46 AM)

About halfway through the campaign and at SR16 in MP, both are great.

The story with the Didact was a bit confusing but I'm sure it'll all come together. I'm enjoying the Cortana thread more though, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that's not up to mission 5 (I think).

MP is great, the same but different is a fair way to sum it up. I've mostly played Infinity Slayer, one game of Dominion that I wasn't sold on, one game of BTB that my team got slaughtered on Ragnarok and one mission of Spartan Ops which was enjoyable enough but would be better co-op.

There's a lot to do and the unlocking stuff is more aesthetic with armour and emblems and stuff that I don't mind. Gives me something to tinker with in between games.

Hopefully it'll have legs, which I think the introduction of 1-50 in the new year will provide.

gingerdaniel -> RE: Halo 4 (9/11/2012 8:32:06 AM)

I haven't been on the xbox in a while, i dusted it off last week and played some Burnout. I picked up Halo 4 yesterday and had a play through the first level on heroic.

Now, i remember playing all the other Halo games on Heroic all the way through, but this one kicked my ass! I'm sure it must be because i'm a bit rusty...right?

My gold subscription ran out a while ago, and my box came with a 14 day code which is handy. Where's the best place to buy Gold from nowadays? Sainsbury's have it for 29.99
They were offering deals on the xbox itself before, like 1 for a month, or 3 for 3 months, but they don't seem to be doing it now.

Chief -> RE: Halo 4 (9/11/2012 8:52:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

I haven't been on the xbox in a while, i dusted it off last week and played some Burnout. I picked up Halo 4 yesterday and had a play through the first level on heroic.

Now, i remember playing all the other Halo games on Heroic all the way through, but this one kicked my ass! I'm sure it must be because i'm a bit rusty...right?

My gold subscription ran out a while ago, and my box came with a 14 day code which is handy. Where's the best place to buy Gold from nowadays? Sainsbury's have it for 29.99
They were offering deals on the xbox itself before, like 1 for a month, or 3 for 3 months, but they don't seem to be doing it now.

Mbeard is your man:

quote:

Right now, I can do 14 month for 27 if anyone wants one. Paypal gift :)

PM me if interested.

kata -> RE: Halo 4 (9/11/2012 9:41:14 AM)

Finished this last night. Business really picks up in the campaign at about level 3. Probably my favourite Halo campaign.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-11812-.aspx

Chief -> RE: Halo 4 (9/11/2012 11:05:34 AM)

I've not had any server issues so far (probably just jinxed that though.....).

Got a wee gay two-man LAN party tonight. Pizza, booze, 2 xboxes & 2 TV's. Can't wait.

paulyboy -> RE: Halo 4 (9/11/2012 11:10:05 AM)

Just completed the campaign, that all got a bit emotional for a second there, holy shit, fighting back the man tears....

Probably my favourite Halo campaign so far, it really gets going in the last 4 chapters or so with some superb highlights, the beginning of chapter 8 coupled with the music definitely creates a bit of a Star Wars moment, awesome!

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.201172E-02