Giant (1956) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

rshoemake -> Giant (1956) (26/2/2012 4:29:47 AM)

Possibly my favorite movie of all time, however it only has three stars on here which i feel is sickly low for how great it is. I'd like to know how some of the other people on here feel who have seen it

rick_7 -> RE: Giant (1956) (26/2/2012 1:53:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rshoemake

Possibly my favorite movie of all time, however it only has three stars on here which i feel is sickly low for how great it is. I'd like to know how some of the other people on here feel who have seen it

I think it's incredibly underrated - a cracking film, with a trio of top performances, including arguably the best of Dean's big three. It does have moments of soapiness, but it's vividly-directed and the scenes where Dean a) shows Taylor around his home and' b) strikes oil and then strikes Hudson, are two of the greatest in movie history. Giant also has one of my favourite 'ageing' gimmicks in movies (it's not a long list), where they just put an increasingly large white curl in Taylor's hair to denote the passing of time. Because that is what happens when people grow old. She still looks about 23 when she's playing a 70-year-old. [:D]

directorscut -> RE: Giant (1956) (26/2/2012 8:05:01 PM)

A movie in desperate need of a Blu-ray release.

Love that little hand wave thing Dean does.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Giant (1956) (1/3/2012 10:58:05 PM)

Love this film.

When Jett Rink (James Dean) strikes oil is a faboulus scene,the glee and gloating he does at the Benedict mansion/house is marvellous[:D]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WphCvOubE

The prosthetics used for making Jett seemed aged were ahead of there times.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.076172E-02