Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

Superb_Writer -> Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 5:20:18 PM)

I was just wondering who do you think has the potential to win a ridiculously amount of oscars in the future, young stars and modern. My bet is on actors like Michael Fassbender, Christian Bale, Daniel Radcliffe and Leonardo Di Caprio. What's yours

TinyButDeadly -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 7:33:58 PM)

Ryan Gosling

JIm R -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 7:50:33 PM)

Agree with Bale and Gosling and if Norton gets his mojo back from wherever it's hiding plus Seymour Hoffman but above all it's Di Caprio for me. Consistency beyond.

adambatman82 -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 8:02:14 PM)

Sean Penn only needs one more to complete the triptych, and I wouldn't put it past Bale either.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 8:46:20 PM)

I think Daniel Day lewis is qite capable of getting another oscar to complete his hat trick.Maybe even more.

matty_b -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 9:05:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Superb_Writer

I was just wondering who do you think has the potential to win a ridiculously amount of oscars in the future, young stars and modern. My bet is on actors like Michael Fassbender, Christian Bale, Daniel Radcliffe and Leonardo Di Caprio. What's yours

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5wWqxDx3wO0/TymxrrmuFaI/AAAAAAAAArw/JMFy6cAt8zw/s1600/Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif[/image]

Super Hans -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 9:37:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Superb_Writer

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5wWqxDx3wO0/TymxrrmuFaI/AAAAAAAAArw/JMFy6cAt8zw/s1600/Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif[/image]

[:D] I have to admit, I wouldn't instantly think of Radcliffe either!

How many has George Clooney won now? He's definitely a bit of a critics' darling nowdays. I can't think of any to add - Bale and DiCaprio I agree with. Maybe Brad Pitt has enough solid performances left in him to notch up a few?

matty_b -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (20/2/2012 10:05:49 PM)

On a serious note, I can well imagine either Sean Penn or Daniel Day-Lewis winning a third. I think Clooney will win a directing Oscar one day.

As for actresses, maybe Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett.

Biggus -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 7:18:19 AM)

[image]http://needcoffee.cachefly.net/needcoffee/uploads/2005/10/my-left-foot-daniel-day-lewis.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/t-v/twbb-08.jpg[/image]

[image]http://onward.justia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/abraham-lincoln.jpg[/image]

st3veebee -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 9:55:42 AM)

Danny Day for sure.

Dicaprio hasn't even had one yet has he? Don't know how he didnt win for Aviator...

Marwood -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 12:12:21 PM)

I'd agree the smart money is on Day-Lewis to grab another at some point and also Meryl Streep - not sure if she'll get one for The Iron Lady but she's still arguably one of the best actresses around and more importantly for Oscar is an Academy darling.

I think the ubiquitous Fassbender is likely to have a lengthy career full of nominations and quite a few wins - keep in mind he's only 34 and is building up a large resume balancing very serious work with crowd pleasers and in each case he comes out of them with a lot of praise. Only thing that might hobble his multiple award chances is the sheer amount of work that he could be nominated for in a single year; essentially he could almost become something of a blind spot because he's seemingly in everything. Although he's probably going to have to slow down as things go on and he ends up with more leading roles as opposed to mixing lead and supporting.

Ryan Gosling I think is going to have a similar path to Fassbender although doesn't turn up in quite as much.

I'm surprised DiCaprio hasn't won an Oscar yet and actually wondering if he's missed the boat; he stills does a lot of great work but IMO he's not impressing or as varied as he was in his younger years. I think he'll have to come up with some new tricks to get that sort of attention again. Same with Bale actually, he's consistently great and made a splash early on but I get the feeling we may have already seen the best of him. Both are still young as well though so there's a lot of time still to grow.

Kate Winslet is another good bet for more award glory in the future and again she has age on her side; she's very much at the point where she's made strong early impressions, got a lot of notice and some awards already but can still transition into middle age and change her game. I'd actually put her, DiCaprio and Bale in the same category of seeing whether they'll change things up as they get older.

matty_b -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 2:17:38 PM)

I don't see that much variety in Bale's work to suggest he'll get another win anytime soon. Although having said that, he should have at least got a nomination for American Psycho.

I'm pretty confident DiCaprio will win one at some stage (maybe next year for The Great Gatsby) and so will Matt Damon who hasn't been mentioned yet. Both terrific actors, although I'd still say DiCaprio's best work has been What's Eating Gilbert Grape?. Maybe Denzel Washington could make it three if he started doing interesting stuff again, but I don't think he will.

filmfanatic123 -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 7:09:48 PM)

I am AMAZED that Samuel L.Jackson has never won an Oscar. I genuinely can't think of a bad film that he's been in.

I think Tom Hardy has potential. He's a fantastic actor with a brilliant range. He started in a Dickens adaptation on ITV for goodness sake!

Leo Di Caprio is a stunning actor, but I can't see him making the kind of films he did before. His best work, in my opinion, was The Departed.

Matt Damon is another brilliant actor, undermentioned and underrated though.

Sam Rockwell is similar to Tom Hardy as well...

wdruck -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 8:26:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

I am AMAZED that Samuel L.Jackson has never won an Oscar. I genuinely can't think of a bad film that he's been in.

I think Tom Hardy has potential. He's a fantastic actor with a brilliant range. He started in a Dickens adaptation on ITV for goodness sake!

Leo Di Caprio is a stunning actor, but I can't see him making the kind of films he did before. His best work, in my opinion, was The Departed.

The Spirit, xXx 1+2, Star Wars prequels, SWAT, Jumper, Sphere are all shit. sorry
I've not seen it, but Soul Men also looks shit.

Sutty -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (21/2/2012 8:53:26 PM)

I think Tom Hardy has the tools to become a terrific actor. He has that "bale-like" ability to beef up or trim down, has that kind of persona that draws attention, and has the acting chops too. His work so far has been varied and he is now starting to to really hit a head of steam.

Christian Bale has played Oscar worthy roles already in my opinion (not withstanding the one he won!). Though the likes of American Psycho is far to scary for oscar voters. He, perhaps more so than anyone else other than Ryan Gosling, can win more Oscars.

Ryan Gosling is another who is dominating at the minute having seemingly been overlooked for a while previously. He has certainly come of age with Driver, Crazy Love, and Blue Valentine.

George Clooney is destined to win more Oscars. He is already known as "The Mayor of Hollywood" and appears universally liked. Even though he was appalling in Batman and Robin (who wasn't?!) and has risen up from the likes of Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes 3
He perhaps has the advantage over others in that he has obvious interests and talents in directing and writing too. Not to mention he has production company interests that could nab him awards without being directly involved in the making or participating of a movie.

Chloe Moretz is still very young and has a varied body of work that has drawn good notices so could be an outside shot.

Denzel Washington is a dead cert surely to get a third Oscar. If not for his acting then thast Honourary Oscar must only be around 15 to 20 years away!

filmfanatic123 -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (22/2/2012 4:45:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdruck

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

The Spirit, xXx 1+2, Star Wars prequels, SWAT, Jumper, Sphere are all shit. sorry
I've not seen it, but Soul Men also looks shit.

The Spirit was shit actually. Fair point.
xXx one was decent - if you turned your brain off. xXx 2, yeah fair enough.
I enjoyed Swat and Jumper.
I haven't seen Sphere.
Star Wars prequels were made better by his participation and Soul Men is good.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (22/2/2012 5:33:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Denzel Washington is a dead cert surely to get a third Oscar. If not for his acting then thast Honourary Oscar must only be around 15 to 20 years away!

I agree with this. There's clearly a grand old man role somewhere in his future that's bound to get a nomination.

Sutty -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (22/2/2012 9:26:24 PM)

Since he can't play Mandela (Morgan Freeman has that one all stitched up with Invictus) I reckon in 'zels later years he'll play Freeman preparing for his role as Mandela in Invictus! Although that does beg the question who will play Matt Damon playing Francios Pienaar?

efc91 -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (23/2/2012 9:26:57 AM)

Of the ones mentioned so far I Definitely agree with Daniel Day-Lewis, Denzel Washington and Sean Penn (although I must say I'm not the biggest fan of Penn).

I think Robert De Niro will get number three in the next 10 years, he's starting to pick better scripts again and if he happens to works with Scorsese again you cant count out an Oscar nom/win.

Hungrymark -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (23/2/2012 9:55:27 AM)

quote:

I'm surprised DiCaprio hasn't won an Oscar yet and actually wondering if he's missed the boat; he stills does a lot of great work but IMO he's not impressing or as varied as he was in his younger years. I think he'll have to come up with some new tricks to get that sort of attention again. Same with Bale actually, he's consistently great and made a splash early on but I get the feeling we may have already seen the best of him.

I've been wondering about DiCaprio recently. Since The Departed he's only seemed to play characters who scowl a lot. I really rate him but wish he'd do some new stuff with a bit more range to show everybody what he's really capable of.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (23/2/2012 1:50:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hungrymark

quote:

I'm surprised DiCaprio hasn't won an Oscar yet and actually wondering if he's missed the boat; he stills does a lot of great work but IMO he's not impressing or as varied as he was in his younger years. I think he'll have to come up with some new tricks to get that sort of attention again. Same with Bale actually, he's consistently great and made a splash early on but I get the feeling we may have already seen the best of him.

I've been wondering about DiCaprio recently. Since The Departed he's only seemed to play characters who scowl a lot. I really rate him but wish he'd do some new stuff with a bit more range to show everybody what he's really capable of.

I really like DiCaprio.
His solid performances over the past few years have been gathering momentum that are sure to get him the accolades I think he now rightly deserves.Its just finding that script.

Saying that the Oscars are abit sh/t...

Saltire -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (23/2/2012 2:21:20 PM)

Di Caprio is too one dimensional for me.

I agree with a poster above about Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet, who could do the hat-trick; they are successors to old Meryl, though the best female actress for me definately was Kate Hepburn.

Male actors are harder to speculate on. Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberpatch are going to be fantastic actors and scoop awards aplenty, but if it took the Academy this long to recognise Gary Oldman, who, for me, has been the best young character actor of the last thiry years, then its gonna be hard as hell for someone just starting out today to scoop three. Having said that, Daniel Day-Lewis will probably win it for Lincoln; since he always performs well, the Academy always likes bio's and he's playing one of the Yanks deities.

Whistler -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (23/2/2012 9:52:16 PM)

Christian Bale for my money. He may be a dick at times (Terminator rant), but the man has talent. In every film I've seen him in he's ranged from good to brilliant - even in Empire Of The Sun when he was about 12. I can easily see him winning several more Academy Awards.

vad3r -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (24/2/2012 12:07:55 AM)

[image]http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/007/297/tom.jpg[/image]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (25/2/2012 10:15:09 AM)

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is on my list,but he'd need to go on an incredible run of form.
The guy deserves so much more [:D]

itsmandylee101 -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (27/2/2012 4:25:02 PM)

Ryan Gosling is possible. I'm also thinking of Michelle Williams, but maybe just a nomination. If we are talking of awards, I'd predict Jeniffer Lawrence. That girl is impressive and she seems to chose the right movies for her.

And yes, Leo Di Caprio will surely have his first Oscars in a matter of time. That guy is incredible.

TinyButDeadly -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (27/2/2012 9:49:36 PM)

Michelle Williams = I'm upset she didn't win last night personally.
Carey Mulligan
Natalie Portman still has the possibility to gain more.
Michael Fassbender
Ryan Gosling
Christian Bale could certainly gain more

Firstlook -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (18/5/2012 5:38:19 PM)

How about Javier Bardem. This guy has a alot of talent. A Spanish Brando at times IMO.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (18/5/2012 9:57:08 PM)

Hailee Steinfeld would be a good bet for the future.
Really,really impressed by her performance in the Coen Brothers adapted True Grit.

Im still not getting the hype for Jennifer Lawrence though.

Mr. White -> RE: Any modern actors/ actresses who can win 3+ oscars (7/6/2012 5:14:08 AM)

Russell Crowe. Enough said.

He needs more.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
7.421875E-02