RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (7/5/2012 3:58:15 PM)

Seeing as I can't stand her yes it was meant to be funny. [:D]

Invader_Ace -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/5/2012 9:56:33 PM)

Powered through it over the last week. Sorry, but I thought it was shit. Came close to ditching it a couple of times and the last 15 minutes of set up for next series was eye-rolling bad. Memory loss. Seriously.

I'm out.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/5/2012 10:27:33 PM)

It's ok. We won't hold it against you. [:D]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/8/2012 4:34:10 PM)

I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Great plotlines, great acting, interesting characters......and then came the 'memory loss' [sm=33.gif]

jcthefirst -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/8/2012 6:08:50 PM)

http://youtu.be/PMWyw1OpJWk

Erlenmeyer Flask -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/8/2012 11:49:18 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_TPjZJCRc

Now that's a trailer...

From_Hell -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (24/9/2012 8:16:08 PM)

Just in case anyone else missed this show like I did, More 4 are repeating Season 1 starting 11:05pm tomorrow evening...

film man aidy -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (24/9/2012 11:03:16 PM)

Am thinking about watching season 1, but would sooner wait if this looks like it will run season after season. Does the premise seem like it may make it past a couple of seasons?  

vad3r -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (29/9/2012 11:19:40 PM)

Finished this today, completely deserves the hype. Damian Lewis and Claire Danes are outstanding in it.

jcthefirst -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (1/10/2012 12:38:22 PM)

Just FYI, if you can get it, RTE have the second series starting on Tuesday as opposed to Channel 4's Sunday slot.

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (1/10/2012 4:15:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

Am thinking about watching season 1, but would sooner wait if this looks like it will run season after season. Does the premise seem like it may make it past a couple of seasons?  

I was quite expecting it to only be 1 season to be honest, as I'm not quite sure how they can make it as brilliant as the first season.
Can't wait for this to start though, it's been one of the best things on TV for many a year.

jcthefirst -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (3/10/2012 12:04:23 PM)

Watched the first ep on RTE last night. I'll not spoil anything but to say it effortlessly slips back into it's groove, with little to none of the catching-viewers-up thing that a lot of returning series' do.

Oh, and it's brilliant.

DaveNewman18 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (4/10/2012 12:09:15 AM)

Just don't get the hype for this show - its good but nothing can touch Breaking Bad.

Season 1 ending was a bit of a cop out for me and aside from two excellent leading performances there's not much to rave about. I'm going to give Season 2 a bash and see what happens but meh.

blackduck -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (4/10/2012 11:14:49 AM)

Saw the first ep on RTE. Apart from one big revelation (which C4 gives away in one of its ads) it's a bit of a hum drum start. All the performances are as good as ever, but it's missing the punch of season ones plot set up.

Solid if unremarkeable start....daughter is still annoying though....

Manny -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (12/10/2012 1:13:54 PM)

Until I looked it up on 4OD I had not realised EP1 was called "The Smile"

As that was the standout moment for me at the end of the Episode it was a very fitting title

Mute -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2012 10:16:33 PM)

Two episodes in and this is shaping up to be a very interesting series. Especially the ending - I wasn't expecting something so big this soon. I really hope they don't end up killing Saul off to keep Brody's secret safe a bit longer.

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2012 7:57:12 AM)

Yes, brilliant ending.
As for Saul finding the tape at the end - to be honest I've never quite trusted Saul to begin with, so now my suspicions are growing.

Erlenmeyer Flask -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2012 10:39:50 AM)

You don't trust the beard? [:D]

steffols -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2012 11:28:23 AM)

I've never screamed at a TV before like I did last night when Brody did what he did! That was some stupendously good telly. My head was in my hands for most of the second half. I really want to see what happens next with Saul!

I usually prefer to watch TV shows in one go but I really love waiting for Sunday nights now. This one show I could easily watch week after week. It's become appointment viewing with my other half, we love it!

Spectre -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2012 6:28:41 PM)

It's difficult to see how it will play out.

On one hand it vindicates Kerry paving the way for her to be accepted back into the CIA. However Brody's position in politics will surely be untenable if Saul talks??

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2012 8:42:34 PM)

I can see them putting a tail on Brody for a while and hoping he leads them to Nazir, or maybe using Carrie to get to him in some way. I'll be pissed if she goes on thinking she was wrong about him much longer, especially as her hunch about him was the reason they thought she was nuts. Apart from the whole bi-polar thing. [:D]

paulyboy -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2012 10:07:44 AM)

Apparently the CIA use Skype? Fuck off! [:D]

borstal -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2012 12:01:02 PM)

That was a ridiculously tense episode. I got toe cramp!

discodave101 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2012 2:28:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Yes, brilliant ending.
As for Saul finding the tape at the end - to be honest I've never quite trusted Saul to begin with, so now my suspicions are growing.

Well - he did mess up on part of the lie detector in season 1 didn't he.

steffols -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2012 3:23:10 PM)

I definitely think there's more to him that just being a double agent in the CIA. I like to believe in the goodness of Saul, he may be a bad guy but he has fought for Carrie and there does seem to be a caring side to him. Or maybe I just so in love with Mandy Patinkin that I don't want to believe he's a bad man! [:D]

kata -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2012 10:35:09 PM)

Used to call this show "turn the screw" cos every episode they turned the screw a little bit more. That hasn't changed...

primebhoy -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/10/2012 2:05:47 PM)

Well Clare danes is pretty much one of the best actresses around at the moment.... another outstanding performance from her last night!

Was sooo happy when she found out she was right!

Roll on next week.

Sinatra -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/10/2012 2:52:42 PM)

Better than the 1st series for me so far... where the heck is this going? amazing acting. I knew Saul was a good guy! [:)]

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/10/2012 5:55:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

Well Clare danes is pretty much one of the best actresses around at the moment.... another outstanding performance from her last night!

Was sooo happy when she found out she was right!

Roll on next week.

I honestly think Danes' facial expressions are some of the worst things about the show. Just feel like slapping the look off her face most of the time. Everything else is great though!

losthighway -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/10/2012 6:12:40 PM)

What a rubbish episode! The scenes with Danes were the only good thing about the entire episode but to be fair she has pretty much carried this show since season 1 imho.

I think Homeland worked great as a one season story but now it's been stretched into something else, why should we be surprised by a weak episode such as last night's... I mean those scenes in the wood. FFS!!! [&:][&:][&:]

What is worse is that this is only episode 3 of the season. I wait to see if this show can pull itself back... [8|]

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI