RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/3/2012 3:01:28 PM)

It's a badass beard though. Makes up for the fact the actor is called 'Mandy' [:D]

MOTH -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/3/2012 3:41:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I'm not sure I trust Saul, or is that too obvious?

I bet Mrs MOTH 100 that he's the 'bad guy'. I was a bit drunk, but hey! betting whilst drunk never failed me yet!

Chief -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (26/3/2012 11:30:41 AM)

I knew they'd end up shagging.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/3/2012 9:35:04 PM)

Is it just me or was someone laying something on the table when Brody started wrasslin' with the Syrian fella? It was at the beginning of the ep when Carrie was looking over the footage.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (28/3/2012 12:15:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

quote:

I bet Mrs MOTH 100 that he's the 'bad guy'. I was a bit drunk, but hey! betting whilst drunk never failed me yet!

I'd be a bit disappointed if Saul turned out to be the 'bad guy' tbh. He has no real reason to turn bad.

Chief -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (28/3/2012 9:23:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

quote:

I'd be a bit disappointed if Saul turned out to be the 'bad guy' tbh. He has no real reason to turn bad.

That you know of. There was mention earlier of history between Saul and Carrie - I thought she'd accused him of something before?

jcthefirst -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (28/3/2012 12:05:29 PM)

The look Brody gave to the camera before answering 'no' to the unfaithful question was a really cool 'Brody, you magnificent bastard' moment.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (28/3/2012 1:19:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

quote:

That you know of. There was mention earlier of history between Saul and Carrie - I thought she'd accused him of something before?

Must be something really bad to have turned him into a al-Qaeda mole. I don't thing any that bad happened between them seeing as they are still shown as close.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 12:38:34 AM)

"Hey Carrie? Fuck you."

Oh, ouch! Poor Carrie, she bet the farm on Brody. I didn't see the Tom Walker thing coming though. Then again, I don't see most things coming, it's why I like mysteries so much.

Also, daughter = biatch.

st3veebee -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 11:49:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

"Hey Carrie? Fuck you."

Oh, ouch! Poor Carrie, she bet the farm on Brody. I didn't see the Tom Walker thing coming though. Then again, I don't see most things coming, it's why I like mysteries so much.

Also, daughter = biatch.

She really is, isn't she. That window sure was fragile as well [:D]

Yeah I also agree that the Tom Walker reveal threw me: which I loved. What came of showing Brody's picture to the white terrorist woman? I have forgotten

blackduck -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 11:59:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

"Hey Carrie? Fuck you."

Also, daughter = biatch.

She really is, isn't she. That window sure was fragile as well [:D]

Yeah I also agree that the Tom Walker reveal threw me: which I loved. What came of showing Brody's picture to the white terrorist woman? I have forgotten

Didn't see that one coming either!

And the delivery of the fuck you line was brilliant!

So now Carrie is stuck in her remote cabin with no meds...this can't end well

jcthefirst -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 1:09:57 PM)

Damian Lewis is just amazing.

That "I loved him" scene was heartbreaking.

Chief -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 2:01:00 PM)

So Brody didn't punch Walker to death then? So, has Brody been tricked into thinking he did - or is he lying?

st3veebee -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 2:06:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Damian Lewis is just amazing.

That "I loved him" scene was heartbreaking.

It really was. I haven't been that blown over by Lewis in this until now: stunning stuff.

quote:

So Brody didn't punch Walker to death then? So, has Brody been tricked into thinking he did - or is he lying?

That IS the question. Or maybe she gave the wrong person to the sketch artist. Or maybe SHE IS the sketch artist.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 3:29:02 PM)

I thought the road trip was the best part of that episode, although it's all great. I did expect Saul to say "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepair to die!" when Aileen asked him who he was [:D]

Chief -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 3:56:46 PM)

He's the best actor in it.

I hate seeing actors pretend to be drunk, it just never looked real and this was no different, also, does nobody in America give a fuck about drink driving?

st3veebee -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 4:13:30 PM)

quote:

Saul is incredible.

The only bit I didn't like in yesterdays episode was the bar brawl: was like something out of the Dukes of Hazard. I honestly cringed when the downed nazi said something like " Get that bitch!" Honestly expected a banjo track after that.

borstal -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 4:15:42 PM)

quote:

I hate seeing actors pretend to be drunk, it just never looked real and this was no different, also, does nobody in America give a fuck about drink driving?

Me and the Mrs said the same thing.

I think Brody was convinced he killed his friend. Surely the captors could have easily made him believe that.

bub -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (2/4/2012 5:48:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Me and the Mrs said the same thing.

I think Brody was convinced he killed his friend. Surely the captors could have easily made him believe that.

Or maybe she knew to give the description of Walker instead of Brody. But then why would she still try to help the Terrorists when they tried to kill her? I'm so confused.

MartinBlank76 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (3/4/2012 10:26:25 AM)

The last few episodes have really kicked up a gear. Really getting under the skin and the level of paranoia is quite expertly maintained. I like the way they took their time with Saul and Eileen instead of the usual rushed 5 min interrogation before she gave in, some great work by Patinkin here. Also Lewis was brilliant in his coming clean scene at the end of the episode. He really did come clean about everything...or did he?

Manny -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (9/4/2012 10:29:27 AM)

Has nobody picked themseleves up off the floor yet to be able to post about last nights episode?

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (9/4/2012 8:29:57 PM)

I thought that last scene was one twist too far. Not sure I liked that. The daughter needs to die. Soon hopefully. Can't bear her.

st3veebee -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (10/4/2012 11:53:25 AM)

Yeah. That felt a little too "Oh no he di-int" Too schlocky in contrast to the rest of the show. great episode up until hat though.

blackduck -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (11/4/2012 9:56:02 AM)

The final scene caught me totally off guard, which I guess is what atwist is ment to do.
If this fits into an overall plan for the story then it was a cracking twist, but if the writers are just sticking in curveballs for the sake of it ( yes Lost I'm looking at you) then it was a step too far.

theieuan -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (11/4/2012 12:29:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manny

Has nobody picked themseleves up off the floor yet to be able to post about last nights episode?

It was a great episode. Just when you think you've worked something out, they throw another twist in to catch you off guard. Great performances by all of the actors and along with Games Of Thrones, it is certainly the highlight of my week

primebhoy -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (11/4/2012 12:54:53 PM)

This is fast becoming my favourite hour of the week. The story is rather gripping, and i did not see the twist coming at all. It all feels alot more real and relateable than 24 ever did, and I loved 24.

Im still not sure who im supposed to like and favour tho.... Carrie can be annoying, I thought I hated Brody until last night, but the scenes with his wife and the party were convincing me he was nice, and then BOOM, im not on his side yet again.

Cant wait for next week!

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (11/4/2012 1:01:15 PM)

The finale for this show was on RTE last week.Wont spoil anything but its one of the more gripping two hours of tv iv watched in the last few years.

primebhoy -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (11/4/2012 5:16:58 PM)

How many episdoes in are we? And how many to go?

Goodfella -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (12/4/2012 5:51:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

How many episdoes in are we? And how many to go?

Last Sunday was episode eight and there are twelve in total I believe so four more to go.

I was right about Carrie and Brody then, although so was boaby, romantic is not the word I'd use either.[:D] I'm still not sure about Saul either, me and my mate's boyfriend were having a chat on facebook about it last night, is it too obvious? It seems it but I keep thinking about the lie detector test and the fact he failed the question about leaking intelligence first time around, I know he had problems outside of the CIA on his mind, but I still think there's more to that and I don't think that's the last we've seen or heard from his wife either, there's going to be a connecting storyline there I feel at some point over the next couple of episodes.

Am I the only one who finds stiletto-wearing, bash-your-balls-in-with-a-hammer ever-so slightly psychotic Clare Danes incredibly hot!?[:D]

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (12/4/2012 5:56:36 PM)

12 episodes in total; the last one's half an hour longer than normal.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI