RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (3/12/2013 7:42:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Aw, so funny... yes, I have crap taste in women! What, all your girlfriends were supermodels? [sm=33.gif]

No, but they were at least female. [:D]
Anyone, enough with the Mister Coe baiting [;)].....better episode this week. Agree with what you said about the 80's training sequence, very Rocky 4 I thought. [:D]
It would have bee good to see the bad guy in equally laborious but slightly more third world gym set-up, going about his paces.
Nasty when Brody decided to break the chair and stab his forearm. That look in his eye was of utter madness. He played the junkie very well, completely convincing.
Better so far, that's all I can say. Whether I tune in for Series 4, if they indeed bother, I don't know.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (3/12/2013 2:26:02 PM)

do you think bearded special ops guy will make it back to see his wife and kid?

man, what a cliche.

Mister Coe -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (3/12/2013 7:24:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

man, what a cliche.

Reminds me of HOT SHOTS... 'They call me Deadmeat...'

[sm=18.gif]

Le Tenia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (8/12/2013 3:44:48 PM)

quote:

quote:

man, what a cliche.

[sm=18.gif]

Aye, as soon as he mentioned his family I thought he may as we'll be wearing a red Star Trek top..[:D]

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (9/12/2013 10:36:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Le Tenia

quote:

quote:

man, what a cliche.

[sm=18.gif]

Aye, as soon as he mentioned his family I thought he may as we'll be wearing a red Star Trek top..[:D]

and so it proved.

excellent ep with a couple of real twists near the end.

and lockhart behaves himself this week.

Mister Coe -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (9/12/2013 9:39:17 PM)

A great episode but, please, it needs to end after this series unless something bloody amazing happens in the last couple of episodes...

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (9/12/2013 9:57:43 PM)

Well, it has been renewed for a season 4 so, even if the finale is shit, it'll be back.....

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/12/2013 10:27:50 AM)

I've killed an Iranian overlord, get me out of here!!!!

discodave101 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/12/2013 10:52:40 AM)

quote:

"...and I didn't need to tell him the whole plan prior to killing him, but, it was more fun that way...."

will1000 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/12/2013 8:09:13 PM)

quote:

As soon as he said "I've killed him, get me out of here." I thought to myself, 'now that would be a much better show!' Maybe whoever could kill Ant and/or Dec!

blackduck -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (18/12/2013 1:48:55 PM)

Quick question, maybe I've missed something,

Sauls big plan was for Brody to go into Iran by saying "hello, I'm the Langly Bomber let me in."
Shouldn't someone in Iran have siad "no your not, we know who the actual bomber is"

I get they would have kept him anyway cos he's great PR, but there is no way anyone in the inner circle would trust him as they know he's lying his arse off...and he's ginger.

discodave101 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (18/12/2013 1:55:38 PM)

Aye Blackduck, I thought the same. I think they're more playing it like this though:

Iran bankrolled and helped the big bad terrirost Abu Nazir, who plotted and planned the whole thing himself, So, as far as they're concerned, he used Brody to plant and detonate the bomb (they'll know no different). So - saying Iran did it just means they actively bankrolled it - without real direct involvement on knowledge. The money traces back to Iran.

Citizen Dildo -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (18/12/2013 7:17:10 PM)

The logic strains credulity more every week.

Saul & Lockhart: BRODY HAS BEEN PASSED ONTO THE PR DEPARTMENT, HE'LL NEVER GET NEAR THE LEADER OF THE REVOLUTIONARY GUARD NOW.

Brody: HI MRS NAZIR, ANY CHANCE YOU COULD TAKE ME TO SEE THE HEAD OF THE REVOLUTIONARY GUARD?

Nazir: YEAH NO PROBS NICHOLAS, YOU'LL PROBABLY GET A PRIVATE AUDIENCE. MAYBE EVEN TEA AND BISCUITS.....

Carrie continues to ignore orders at every turn and yet they place her at the heart of every operation!

I'll still be watching the finale mind...

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 9:48:38 AM)

That was kind of grim, like watching a snuff film. No messing, no last minute reprieve, just head in the noose and pull him up. Slowly. [:'(]
I don't see how they can make a series 4, although they probably will, but for me that ends Homeland.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 10:36:20 AM)

brody goes from hero to zero and back.

but what about the langley bomber and that lawyer/fixer?

wombathog -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 11:21:43 AM)

and after getting blown up previously you'd think the CIA would have shot someone grafitti-ing their lobby.

That bit at the end when Carrie was called up to the Situation Room, I was assuming there was gonna be reports of a ginger guy spotted being not dead in the Middle East and causing mischief.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 12:16:35 PM)

Well I'd pretty much say that's it for Homeland as the viewing figures will decline now you've lost probably the most important & intriging character they had.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 1:01:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I don't see how they can make a series 4, although they probably will, but for me that ends Homeland.

Yep, no Damien Lewis, no Homeland for me. [&o]

paul.mccluskey -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 2:13:33 PM)

Last night felt like the final episode of a series. I expected Brody to die, but not go out in a blaze of glory. The ending was rather poignant.

Not sure if I'll be watching Season 4, I'm not sure where else it could go.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wombathog

I was assuming there was gonna be reports of a ginger guy spotted being not dead in the Middle East and causing mischief.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened behind the scenes.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 2:29:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Well I'd pretty much say that's it for Homeland as the viewing figures will decline now you've lost probably the most important & intriging character they had.

that slow start to s3 cost them 1/2 their audience in the UK alone despite the show picking up with carrie and brody finally united.

will1000 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 7:35:18 PM)

Last nights episode really did feel like a finale. Like, no more Homeland. Obviously there are unanswered questions (CIA bomber, who is the CIA mole that was alluded to in series 2?) but do they continue without Saul, Carrie and Brody? Unless they completely jump the shark and have it so Brody didn't really die and it was part of the whole time and Saul has become the head of the Illuminati and now runs the USA...

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/12/2013 8:43:06 PM)

Really did feel like a series finale all right.

Very sad end for Brody but it was inevitable it would be so.

I did think that the Brody family deserved a final scene, particularly Mrs Brody.Carrie could have let her know that her husband died serving his country.

great_badir -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (30/12/2013 12:38:33 PM)

Lots of vague and cryptic comments from both the writers and Damian Lewis, along the lines of "he's basically dead...but you never know...". Which, to my cynical "seen it all before" mind, translates as Brody will almost certainly be back in season 4, I'm guessing thanks to a faked hanging (some clever rig, and Javadi [now in a very senior position, don't forget] being in on it). Brody is the only reason most people watch the show, so the execs will not want to get rid of the main attraction.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (30/12/2013 1:47:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Lots of vague and cryptic comments from both the writers and Damian Lewis, along the lines of "he's basically dead...but you never know...". Which, to my cynical "seen it all before" mind, translates as Brody will almost certainly be back in season 4, I'm guessing thanks to a faked hanging (some clever rig, and Javadi [now in a very senior position, don't forget] being in on it). Brody is the only reason most people watch the show, so the execs will not want to get rid of the main attraction.

they could get away with that on '24' but if they did it here they would jump the shark.

why even have a 4th season now?

Mister Coe -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (30/12/2013 7:53:53 PM)

I think this show will go the way of 24, dragging it out until nobody gives a shit anymore...

Kill it now, the ending of s3 was just right...

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (30/12/2013 9:55:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

He is well and truly dead and had been on borrowed time for a while now-

quote:

In an interview with Vulture, "Homeland" executive producer Alex Gansa confirmed Brody's passing, calling the on-screen demise "a long time coming." "It was one of the first decisions made in the story room, that the time had come, and in a way, the entire year was constructed around that event. We knew it was going to happen; we just didn't know exactly how it was going to happen," said Gansa, who later confirmed that Brody will not return to the show, saying, "Brody's dead. It's done."

According to Gansa, Lewis' character, a former American prisoner of war turned on-screen lover of Claire Dane's character Carrie, was originally scheduled to die as early as season one. Reportedly, Lewis' role was kept out of harm's way on the program due to "Showtime's intervention."

I agree they should end the show now but I am a bit curious to see what they are going to do in season 4.

Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI