RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/10/2013 9:58:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

I don't get all this Dana hate. She's one of the more interesting characters on the show.

[image]http://cdn.styleforum.net/b/b6/b63e79aa_shocked5.gif[/image]

Mute -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/10/2013 10:23:04 PM)

I'm interested to see where they're going with Dana, especially when Brody makes his inevitable reappearance. Her storyline has a lot more potential than the stupid hit and run from last series and it's generally good to see how the fallout from Brody's video being released is affecting his family. I'd like to see what happened to Mike, though.

Also, I'm not sure I like the new Saul. I hope he can redeem himself soon - apologising for his shitty treatment of Carrie at the end was a start at least.

galvatron -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/10/2013 10:40:40 PM)

I'm in the hating Dana camp... in fact all the Carrie in a mental home stuff isn't thrilling me either. The spy bits are great TV. I want more of the spying and mystery side, that's the real strong point of the show, for me all the bits on the side are distracting from the main plot.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/10/2013 11:00:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

I'm in the hating Dana camp... in fact all the Carrie in a mental home stuff isn't thrilling me either. The spy bits are great TV. I want more of the spying and mystery side, that's the real strong point of the show, for me all the bits on the side are distracting from the main plot.

Agreed.Thats what this show started out as originaly.The whole Dana plot is turning it into fucking Twilight.

galvatron -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (13/10/2013 11:21:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

Agreed.Thats what this show started out as originaly.The whole Dana plot is turning it into fucking Twilight.

My brother said it was like Dawson's Creek.

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 7:54:05 AM)

quote:

quote:

I'd also agree.
If it doesn't ramp up a bit next week it might be bye-bye Homeland.
Apart from Clare Daines's brilliant (as always) performance I found myself completely uninterested.

Sinatra -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 2:05:25 PM)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2456253/Has-Homeland-lost-plot-Jim-Shelley.html

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 3:24:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can't say that the espionage part was ever my favourite part of the show. The motivations of the people in the show and the relationships between them are the strong point for me eg I'm very interested in see if Carrie and Saul can regain their friendship after him throwing her under the bus at the congressional hearing. But I don't make reductive "It's like x" statements about that part of the show. Just because a storyline focuses on a teenage romance doesn't automatically is like every other teen-oriented property. If you don't like it, fair enough but please discuss it properly and stop making comparisons that just aren't true.

primebhoy -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 4:25:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2456253/Has-Homeland-lost-plot-Jim-Shelley.html

Nice that the daily mail are employing 12 year olds to write their articles now. Never read such a bad review of a series... how many references to The 'Hot' mom... this reviewer is just raging that she hasn't got her wee boobs out yet!

galvatron -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 6:15:40 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can't say that the espionage part was ever my favourite part of the show. The motivations of the people in the show and the relationships between them are the strong point for me eg I'm very interested in see if Carrie and Saul can regain their friendship after him throwing her under the bus at the congressional hearing. But I don't make reductive "It's like x" statements about that part of the show. Just because a storyline focuses on a teenage romance doesn't automatically is like every other teen-oriented property. If you don't like it, fair enough but please discuss it properly and stop making comparisons that just aren't true.

How is comparing it to other shows not a valid discussion point? We're discussing what it reminds us of, perfectly valid for this forum. If you don't happen to agree with it, that's fine. But we're breaking no forum rules whatsoever and as far as I'm concerned you have no right to tell me or Cool Breeze what we should and shouldn't say when we've broke no forum rules.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 6:41:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How is comparing it to other shows not a valid discussion point? We're discussing what it reminds us of, perfectly valid for this forum. If you don't happen to agree with it, that's fine. But we're breaking no forum rules whatsoever and as far as I'm concerned you have no right to tell me or Cool Breeze what we should and shouldn't say when we've broke no forum rules.

Talk about whatever you want, I'm just telling you what I think about it.

Mister Coe -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 9:09:09 PM)

Sorry, but the Dana stuff is just a few minutes in the bigger story... just, exactly, WHY is Homeland turning into Dawsons Creek / Twilight?  Seriously, it's a little sub-plot (that might go somewhere interesting, judging by the last few minutes of of the third ep of season three...)

I think the young actress playing Dana is doing some sterling work...

[sm=33.gif]

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (14/10/2013 11:34:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Sorry, but the Dana stuff is just a few minutes in the bigger story... just, exactly, WHY is Homeland turning into Dawsons Creek / Twilight?  Seriously, it's a little sub-plot (that might go somewhere interesting, judging by the last few minutes of of the third ep of season three...)

[sm=33.gif]

'' Little '' subplot? Dana seems to be the main character now! Heck Damien Lewis hasnt been in the first two episodes and it doesnt help that Dana is a constantly nagging pain in the arse.Why cant she just stay in the background like her brother?

Mister Coe -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 12:30:20 AM)

quote:

quote:

[sm=33.gif]

'' Little '' subplot? Dana seems to be the main character now! Heck Damien Lewis hasnt been in the first two episodes and it doesnt help that Dana is a constantly nagging pain in the arse.Why cant she just stay in the background like her brother?

Um, Carrie, Saul, Peter... [:D]

Again, I think the Dana character might become something interesting...

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 7:38:52 AM)

quote:

Seriously, it's a little sub-plot (that might go somewhere interesting, judging by the last few minutes of of the third ep of season three...)

We're only on episode 2 [:@]

quote:

I'd agree, no disrespect to the actress at all, but she's still fucking annoying. The Homeland writers have seriously misjudged their audience and what made the show so great if they think we actually care about Brody's family. It was never about them, I'm not saying they should be written off, but less of an interest. If they make the Dana story interesting, and it does indeed blow up into the Series 3 talking points (in a good way rather than a bad way) then the writers deserve medals.
I still hold out hope because I refuse to believe that all the plaudits and awards, the actor nominations, the hype and well earnt praise for the first 2 series can't seriously be reduced to a pile of cack in a single season.
If I requote this post in a month's time to show what a clueless cock I am, I'll be as happy as anyone [:D]

galvatron -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 10:36:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Seriously, it's a little sub-plot (that might go somewhere interesting, judging by the last few minutes of of the third ep of season three...)

We're only on episode 2 [:@]

quote:

I'd agree, no disrespect to the actress at all, but she's still fucking annoying. The Homeland writers have seriously misjudged their audience and what made the show so great if they think we actually care about Brody's family. It was never about them, I'm not saying they should be written off, but less of an interest. If they make the Dana story interesting, and it does indeed blow up into the Series 3 talking points (in a good way rather than a bad way) then the writers deserve medals.
I still hold out hope because I refuse to believe that all the plaudits and awards, the actor nominations, the hype and well earnt praise for the first 2 series can't seriously be reduced to a pile of cack in a single season.
If I requote this post in a month's time to show what a clueless cock I am, I'll be as happy as anyone [:D]

Agreed, I also think that the writes don't really know what they're doing. They planned to kill off Brody, then baulked at it last minute so were left with a completely different story and they still don't know where it's headed.

great_badir -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 1:08:30 PM)

quote:

Agreed, I also think that the writes don't really know what they're doing. They planned to kill off Brody, then baulked at it last minute so were left with a completely different story and they still don't know where it's headed.

This is always the problem with any show which is only written with one series in mind. It's rare that high quality is consistent from beginning to end when the writers are effectively forced to make it up as they go along. Although it does happen occasionally, of course.

elab49 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 2:10:27 PM)

quote:

[sm=33.gif]

A little more care to remember which thread you're in please - no reference to any episode beyond the viewing schedule of the thread unless properly spoilered. [:)]

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 8:19:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

[sm=33.gif]

Um, Carrie, Saul, Peter... [:D]

Again, I think the Dana character might become something interesting...

Who now seem to be just supporting characters.

Like a few others have said, the writers seem to have misjudged their audience and now have no idea what they are doing.The series concept was good for one season, maybe two.But once the secret was out about Brody the show has just gone round in circles and is instead mainly focused on teen angst instead.Things had better pick up and kill off the Dana character or at the very least severly reduce her screentime.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 9:12:04 PM)

quote:

[sm=33.gif]

Because apparently any story or subplot that focuses on a teenage girl is the same and there's no difference between any of them.

Mister Coe -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (15/10/2013 9:35:32 PM)

Sorry, no spoilers here, when I was talking about episodes I typed 'third' when I meant 'second'... I have no inside info here.

I still stand by my interest in the Dana character, I still think it might go somewhere interesting...

I feel sorry for Morena Baccarins character.  With every passing episode, she just goes through the motions... she must be praying for Mr Lewis to return and makeher character interesting again or, alternatively, get killed off so she can start doing movies...

[:D]

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2013 8:07:57 PM)

Well the third episode was certainly an improvement! Good to see Lewis back and it was 100% Dana free.

musht -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2013 8:29:10 PM)

quote:

Well the third episode was certainly an improvement! Good to see Lewis back and it was 100% Dana free.

I actually found it pretty dull. Not gonna say too much given this is Channel 4 speed ... I do find it weird that RTE manage to get it 2 days after the US when C4 has to wait a whole week [sm=huh.gif]

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2013 8:47:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I actually found it pretty dull. Not gonna say too much given this is Channel 4 speed ... I do find it weird that RTE manage to get it 2 days after the US when C4 has to wait a whole week [sm=huh.gif]

I forgot that most people here are watching on channel 4 so il be careful what i say.

I didnt find it dull.There were one or two moments that were rather shocking and the episode really conveyed how screwed Brody is now.I just cant see his story ending well for him no matter how long this show lasts.

musht -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (16/10/2013 9:36:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I forgot that most people here are watching on channel 4 so il be careful what i say.

I didnt find it dull.There were one or two moments that were rather shocking and the episode really conveyed how screwed Brody is now.I just cant see his story ending well for him no matter how long this show lasts.

Really? I actually got the impression that the writers didn't know where to go with him, I don't want to say too much but it seemed quite unoriginal. Hopefully it'll get more interesting

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/10/2013 12:46:48 PM)

someone not happy about how carrie's illness is portrayed in the show-

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/oct/17/homeland-carrie-mental-health-disorders-bipolar

jonson -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/10/2013 3:11:10 PM)

Oh, let's not discuss episode 3 but we'll discuss it anyway. There's a US thread you know, bugger off there! [:D]

quote:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/oct/17/homeland-carrie-mental-health-disorders-bipolar

No surprise someone from The Guardian found it upsetting. I'm surprised they're not complaining about Saul's beard shape as well.
I don't really know much about bi-polar, but she seems to be slowly turning schizophrenic, which I'm guessing isn't quite the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing as manic depression, although I'm probably wrong.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/10/2013 5:46:00 PM)

quote:

Oh, let's not discuss episode 3 but we'll discuss it anyway. There's a US thread you know, bugger off there! [:D]

quote:

No surprise someone from The Guardian found it upsetting. I'm surprised they're not complaining about Saul's beard shape as well.
I don't really know much about bi-polar, but she seems to be slowly turning schizophrenic, which I'm guessing isn't quite the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing as manic depression, although I'm probably wrong.

RTE televison airs the latest episode just two days after the U.S broadcast. so maybe we should have an '' RTE speed '' to go in between the US one and this channel 4 one?

musht -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/10/2013 6:58:57 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

RTE televison airs the latest episode just two days after the U.S broadcast. so maybe we should have an '' RTE speed '' to go in between the US one and this channel 4 one?

Are you joking? We could just avoid the US speed thread for 2 days. I'd suggest these C4 numpties ([;)]) wait a few days but they're a week behind which means they'd only be able to discuss the new episode for 2 days before us RTE watchers come barging in with the latest episode they haven't seen yet.

CORLEONE -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (17/10/2013 7:39:18 PM)

At least Brody's back next week. Spoilering fecks!! Although it was kinda predictable he would be back in ep3.

And also, this: FFUUUUURRRRRCCCCKKKK YYYOOOOOOOOUUUUU SSSSSSAAAAUUUURRRLLLLL.

Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI