Homeland - Channel 4 speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

jcthefirst -> Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 12:08:09 PM)

No thread?

Anybody watch this last night?

Solid set up for what looks like a great series. Damien Lewis is (predictably) brilliant, with solid support from Danes, playing very much against type. Very interested to see where this is going.

borstal -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 12:09:26 PM)

Recorded it so will get back once we've got round to watching it.

Chief -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 12:44:58 PM)

Had a look for a thread on this earlier, glad you made one JC because I couldn't be arsed!

I thought it was pretty decent. Some dodgy acting aside (the marine "friend" particularly) I think I'll stick with this.

Dirty bitch moment - Fanny wipe FTW!

jcthefirst -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 12:57:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Dirty bitch moment - Fanny wipe FTW!

[:D]

See the surveillance guy? Who is he? He looks like George Mason from 24, but I know it's not.

Chief Wiggum -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 1:01:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

See the surveillance guy? Who is he? He looks like George Mason from 24, but I know it's not.

Detective Ray Vecchio from Due South

Chief -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 1:21:28 PM)

I recognised him too, couldn't put a name to him though.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 1:59:17 PM)

the wife offering up sex on his 1st night back.
not best idea.

buffster28 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 5:54:35 PM)

really wanted too watch this but of course it clashed with true blood [:@] so looks like another show i'll have to catch up with on dvd.

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (20/2/2012 6:09:02 PM)

It's repeated tonight (at 10 past 11) if you missed it. 

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/2/2012 9:58:26 AM)

I went the other way round as FX repeats it about 3 times during the week.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (22/2/2012 12:45:40 PM)

the original israel version is on sky arts soon.

spark1 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (23/2/2012 11:58:54 AM)

shades of 'martin guerre'.

wombathog -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (24/2/2012 12:04:40 PM)

loved the line at the barbecue when the son said "They're gonna burn" as Lewis was watching his wife and 'friend'.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (24/2/2012 2:46:03 PM)

I thought it was a really good opener, Clare Danes has really impressed me lately between this and Temple Grandin. She really played the cracking up part after she comes on to Inigo Montoya well. The only part I had reservations about was her seeing the jazz pianist and making the connection with Lewis' hand signals, it kinda veered into formulaic nutty genius territory that's been around too much lately (House/Lie To Me/Numbers etc). It was more interesting when she was just kinda crazy rather than crazy-smart.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (24/2/2012 3:29:43 PM)

It is an amazing series, definitely worth sticking with.

boaby -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (24/2/2012 11:09:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

The only part I had reservations about was her seeing the jazz pianist and making the connection with Lewis' hand signals...

No sh!t Sherlock.

More generally, it was good to see Vecchio on the tellybox again. I felt it odd to see a room full of CIA analysts giving themselves a round of applause. Nae exactly a Bourne moment while there was a distinctly Bourne-ish feel about the rest of it.

Weird seeing Major Winters being a messed up baddy.

blackduck -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 1:22:16 PM)

Totally gripped by this now, but, and I feel weird saying this, I'm finding the nudity offputting.
I don't know why, boobs are like monkeys, they improve everything, But it just feel out of place in this show.
Not too sure how to articulate this as I've never been on this side of the arguement before.

superdan -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 1:28:25 PM)

The scene with the girl being interviewed for the Prince definitely felt a bit gratuitous. Not particularly complaining mind, though as I tweeted "Don't worry love, I would have totally failed that interview too" it was hard to take it seriously [:D]

borstal -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 2:40:53 PM)

Yay! I managed to click 'post reply' without reading anything. Me and the Mrs got round to watching the first episode last night and hoping to get 2 done in the next day or so.

Seems pretty good so far with some good acting although it feels a bit 24-y (not that its a bad thing!). One thing though, 'dead' husband comes back to interupt old friends relationship with wife. Come on script writers!

Le Tenia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 4:04:30 PM)

that's 2 references now to " an attack on US soil ". it's like 24 never happened, although this comes from part of the same writing time. Minor quibble though, this is a solid, well acted drama.

I'll definitely keep watching...

paul_ie86 -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 4:07:13 PM)

I don't think it's set in the 24 universe though.

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 6:30:16 PM)

I think Le Tenia just means it's an often used expression from 24, not that they inhabit the same fictional universe (they don't).

superdan -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 6:39:14 PM)

It's surprised me a bit how unambiguous with regard to certain loyalties it seems so far. I'm assuming there's plenty more twists and turns to come which may change things drastically, but at the moment it all seems a bit obvious which has taken me aback as I expected it to be a lot more subtle.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 6:41:12 PM)

24 was fictional???? [image]http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9456.gif[/image]

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 6:44:53 PM)

You know what I mean.[:D]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 6:54:56 PM)

I like it when programmes inhabit the same universe. Like Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Alphas. Gives potential for interesting cross-over episodes.

But yeah, Homeland: it's awesome. /stayingontopic

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 7:01:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

You know what I mean.[:D]

Oh, I know what you mean, the joke was more on me being an idiot than you saying the wrong thing [:D]

And, yeah, Homeland is great [:)]

horribleives -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 8:38:14 PM)

Not enough fanny-wiping in episode 2 for me but other than that it was great.

Le Tenia -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (27/2/2012 8:38:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I think Le Tenia just means it's an often used expression from 24, not that they inhabit the same fictional universe (they don't).

Aye, if it was said once it was said a dozen times........along with " Dammit ", and " You're going to have to trust me ".[:D]

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - Channel 4 speed (28/2/2012 7:46:01 PM)

Channel 5's controller explains why he didn't want Homeland on his network-

quote:

"I don't think Homeland would have been right for us," he continued. "It is a very intense show. I want shows that are passionate, honest and relevant."

That last line is a doozy. Has he seen Homeland?

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI