The New Empire Cover Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> The New Empire Cover Arrives (20/2/2012 11:29:06 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Smerph -> Wow (20/2/2012 11:29:06 AM)

Will Smith is looking old

Moronifighter -> Ice Age 4 ??? (20/2/2012 2:00:14 PM)

Ice Age 4.... Really?....

jodybriggs -> RE: Ice Age 4 ??? (20/2/2012 2:27:22 PM)

i gotta agree, Ice Age 4 really has no place in that VS battle.

Snake-Eyes -> Hm. (20/2/2012 3:03:55 PM)

Looks like a pi$$-poor repeat version of 2010's awesome EXPENDABLES cover.

cra1gs -> Ice age 4 (20/2/2012 3:15:03 PM)

To those that doubt the power of ice age, check out Ice Age 3 global box office n c why it make perfect sense for that to be there. It's a mammoth of an franchise. MIB, will bomb as will GI:Jo, not sure about Battleship. Spiderman will struggle, Batman will reign n Promethus will do ok.

cra1gs -> Ice age 4 (20/2/2012 3:15:21 PM)

To those that doubt the power of ice age, check out Ice Age 3 global box office n c why it make perfect sense for that to be there. It's a mammoth of an franchise. MIB, will bomb as will GI:Jo, not sure about Battleship. Spiderman will struggle, Batman will reign n Promethus will do ok.

cra1gs -> Ice age 4 (20/2/2012 3:15:45 PM)

Scruffybobby -> RE: Ice Age 4 ??? (20/2/2012 3:28:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moronifighter

Ice Age 4.... Really?....

Did you notce the question mark? Like they're not really being serious?

azzman1984 -> RE: Ice age 4 (20/2/2012 3:31:18 PM)

Well happy that The Rock is on the cover, its about bloody time!! [:D]

I still think G.I. Joe 2 will be a huge box office hit

cra1gs -> Ice age 4 (20/2/2012 3:33:06 PM)

JediBobster -> Originality - RIP (20/2/2012 4:41:13 PM)

Oof! Nothing like a cover like this to make me feel all crotchety and old. Let's have a look at what we've got here : A third film to 90s hit in which has already had a very bad sequel; a sequel to a not-exactly-loved film based on a toy; a film based on a game; a Superhero reboot; a Superhero reboot part 3, a quasi-prequel to a much loved film and a fourth Ice Age film.

Now sure, The Dark Knight should be a corker; hopefully Ridley will bring his A-game and deliver something truly worthy to the Alien series; the new Spiderman film will hopefully improve on the existing three. And who knows, maybe GI Joe 2 will pull a Fast Five and somehow be an absolute entertainment; maybe Men in Black 3 can put right everything that the No.2 got wrong, and maybe Battleship will be a HIT rather than a MISS. Ice Age 4 methinks will be like Ice Age 2 and 3.

I truly hope that this summer delivers but seeing that cover really doesn't have my excitement at full steam. I love a good sequel but when you see a cover like this, esp those sequels that nobody except the studios really wanted, it really does leave you feeling a bit dirty that originality doesn't get a look-in - at all. The only two other films mentioned on the cover are Titanic and Harry Potter. Sheesh.

JEDI BOBSTER

azzman1984 -> RE: Originality - RIP (20/2/2012 4:58:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JediBobster

quote:

Oof! Nothing like a cover like this to make me feel all crotchety and old. Let's have a look at what we've got here : A third film to 90s hit in which has already had a very bad sequel; a sequel to a not-exactly-loved film based on a toy; a film based on a game; a Superhero reboot; a Superhero reboot part 3, a quasi-prequel to a much loved film and a fourth Ice Age film.

Now sure, The Dark Knight should be a corker; hopefully Ridley will bring his A-game and deliver something truly worthy to the Alien series; the new Spiderman film will hopefully improve on the existing three. And who knows, maybe GI Joe 2 will pull a Fast Five and somehow be an absolute entertainment; maybe Men in Black 3 can put right everything that the No.2 got wrong, and maybe Battleship will be a HIT rather than a MISS. Ice Age 4 methinks will be like Ice Age 2 and 3.

I truly hope that this summer delivers but seeing that cover really doesn't have my excitement at full steam. I love a good sequel but when you see a cover like this, esp those sequels that nobody except the studios really wanted, it really does leave you feeling a bit dirty that originality doesn't get a look-in - at all. The only two other films mentioned on the cover are Titanic and Harry Potter. Sheesh.

JEDI BOBSTER

You r bang on the money right there, i think G.I. Joe 2 will be this years Fast Five when it comes to just all out entertainment and fun action films [:D]

bobthegrinch -> No offence (20/2/2012 9:07:55 PM)

But I wouldn't advertise that cover. It's rubbish.

BabsyBuck -> (20/2/2012 9:56:13 PM)

I am shocked and disappointed Jennifer Lawrence for the Hunger Games isn't on the cover. I'll emphasise shock again - SHOCKED.

Whistler -> RE: (20/2/2012 11:18:24 PM)

Don't give a shit about these films. Don't get me wrong, I'll see them all and probably enjoy them passively, but I'm really not excited about any of them. The two middle-bottom ones however...[:D]

flando -> Blockblister (21/2/2012 2:33:46 PM)

Well, it's not exactly Empire's fault that SOME movies this summer will suck of @ss, but c'mon, this has to be the most underwhelming cover in the magazines history. So Empire leads with what will be, let me guess, Battleship **, Men In Black 3 *** (reduced to ** on DVD) and G.I. Joe ** (something like "while the Rock and co. bring a little further gravatas to the franchise, another attempt at a sequel would get our G.I. No!". I guess I am just annoyed that a movie which looks as insanely bad beats out The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games et al. While all of the above have gotten there fair share of coverage on the front recently, surely we can do better that the garbage which will inevitably be, Battleship, Men in Black 3 and G.I. Joe 2. Rant over. Love the mag, and loved loved loved the Gary Busey special last month.

flando -> Blockblister (21/2/2012 2:33:53 PM)

Well, it's not exactly Empire's fault that SOME movies this summer will suck of @ss, but c'mon, this has to be the most underwhelming cover in the magazines history. So Empire leads with what will be, let me guess, Battleship **, Men In Black 3 *** (reduced to ** on DVD) and G.I. Joe ** (something like "while the Rock and co. bring a little further gravatas to the franchise, another attempt at a sequel would get our G.I. No!". I guess I am just annoyed that a movie which looks as insanely bad beats out The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games et al. While all of the above have gotten there fair share of coverage on the front recently, surely we can do better that the garbage which will inevitably be, Battleship, Men in Black 3 and G.I. Joe 2. Rant over. Love the mag, and loved loved loved the Gary Busey special last month.

flando -> Blockblister (21/2/2012 2:34:12 PM)

Ulmaceae -> Another Photoshop Disaster (21/2/2012 4:45:10 PM)

Blimey Empire, what happened to having a photographer of your own? The last few months have been horrific Photoshop cardboard cutout mashups like this, using images ripped from movie adverts.

Why couldn't we have had that headshot of Joss W. as last month's cover? He's the only reason I'd consider Avengers.

Ulmaceae -> RE: No offence (21/2/2012 4:48:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobthegrinch

But I wouldn't advertise that cover. It's rubbish.

Magazine sized version is worse. And subscribers get it without the distraction of writing. The horror! The horror!

UTB -> RE: Blockblister (21/2/2012 4:58:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: flando

The cover is almost on par with this one in terms of earth shattering movies... http://www.empireonline.com/images/cover/large/2222.jpg

Spaldron -> RE: Blockblister (21/2/2012 5:03:22 PM)

One of the least exciting Empire covers I've seen in a long while.

Silvio Mugabe -> (21/2/2012 8:29:26 PM)

Will Smith stole 2hours of my life with the last Men in Black film - there is no bloody way that he's stealing another 2 hours! What was the last really good film he was in? If this tanks he'll run back to do Bad Boys 3. Also, what's the deal with him doing a new MIB song with his kids? Tragic!

mattdez -> Faultoshop (21/2/2012 9:18:45 PM)

I have to agree with Ulmaceae and Spaldron. That's awful...

Rebelbumscum -> MASS EFFECT 3: TAKING EARTH BACK (23/2/2012 12:13:24 PM)

I know they're not films but Mass Effect should be, check out this trailer to see why
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY
Mass Effect for the win, hopefully coming to a cinema near you at the speed of a mass relay

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI