What have you downloaded or streamed today? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion

Spaldron -> What have you downloaded or streamed today? (19/2/2012 5:44:40 AM)

[image]http://crossfitmidland.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/warrior-movie-poster.jpeg[/image][image]http://storage.canalblog.com/59/95/663791/61840527.jpg[/image]

vader100 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (19/2/2012 8:44:30 AM)

Nothing because the crap quality.

elab49 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (19/2/2012 9:32:21 AM)

Where can you legally stream Warrior from?  [:)]

Hood_Man -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (19/2/2012 1:14:15 PM)

That Waterworld poster is beautiful!

Nothing today, but I streamed The Cider House Rules yesterday. It's ok...

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 2:16:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vader100

Oh really? [sm=33.gif]

vader100 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 2:37:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Oh really? [sm=33.gif]

Watched super8 on blu raySaturday. If you can tell me where I can stream it in 1080p
and 7.1 DTS-HD MA sound then I'll concede the point.

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 3:23:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh really? [sm=33.gif]

Watched super8 on blu raySaturday. If you can tell me where I can stream it in 1080p
and 7.1 DTS-HD MA sound then I'll concede the point.

The thread title includes streaming and downloading. You didn't specify which was crap quality, you can easily download in 1080p with 7.1 no problem. As for streaming I'd give it another 2 or 3 years.

sharkboy -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 3:48:16 PM)

Let's just set out the stall here.  If you're reporting on movies that you've streamed from iTunes/Lovefilm/NetflixSky BO or another legitimate provider, then feel free to do so.  If you're boasting about movies that you have downloaded or streamed illegally, then that is a very big no-no and may result in further intervention from moderators, up to and including official warnings or even bans, depending on circumstances.

Spalds, I'm not aware (though would be very happy to be proved wrong) that Warrior is currently being offered up by any of the legitimate providers.  The edit button may prove to be a very good friend.  Just sayin' [:)]

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 4:12:51 PM)

Erm, nowhere in the title does it mention illegal dl's or streams and unfortunately there is still a stigma (and a certain amount of snobbery) attached to digital formats. This is an open thread though and its not up to me what other people post and/or what their methods are so I don't know why I'm being grilled (again).

The way I figure this thread is rock solid and future proofed as in 5 -10 years time the majority of film viewing will be purely non-physical, if it isn't already. [:)]

adambatman82 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 5:47:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy
Spalds, I'm not aware (though would be very happy to be proved wrong) that Warrior is currently being offered up by any of the legitimate providers.  The edit button may prove to be a very good friend.  Just sayin' [:)]

WARRIOR was released on Monday (albeit after the original post). Its on iTunes.

adambatman82 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 5:49:49 PM)

quote:

Erm, nowhere in the title does it mention illegal dl's or streams and unfortunately there is still a stigma (and a certain amount of snobbery) attached to digital formats.

Not really. Many people, myself included (for reasons you were schooled on the last time this subject popped up) object to illegal means of digital downloading from an ethical perspective. It's nothing to do with snobbery.

Dpp1978 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 6:49:17 PM)

I've posted at length my views on the digitally distributed future of the entertainment industry; most recently here.

Anyone who is interested in the problems of long term digital archiving could do worse than read this and this.

You have to register to download them, but it is free and they are a sobering read.

Digital distribution will take over one day. But until the quality is on a par with packaged media, and while packaged media is still available, I'll stick to the physical option for the bulk of my consumption.

The place it makes most sense is as a replacement for the rental market, and both Lovefilm and now Netflix are good services if all you want to do is watch movies with as little hassle as possible.

If what you want is to view your movies in the best available quality then all digital services have a long way to go. If wanting the best available quality is snobbery then so be it: I am a snob.

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 7:17:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Not really. Many people, myself included (for reasons you were schooled on the last time this subject popped up) object to illegal means of digital downloading from an ethical perspective. It's nothing to do with snobbery.

Schooled? [sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif] You really have an inflated opinion of yourself don't you Adam? And if you had bothered to read this thread properly you would know full well I never meant illegal downloading.

You are aware that legal downloads exist right or do you need schooling on the matter?

adambatman82 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 7:41:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

Schooled? [sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif] You really have an inflated opinion of yourself don't you Adam?

Not really. To be perfectly honest though, it is hard not to feel like the intellectual superior when a genuine point is greeted by personal attack.

quote:

And if you had bothered to read this thread properly you would know full well I never meant illegal downloading.

I did, and assumed your dodging of explaining where you legally watched Warrior over the weekend followed by your overly defensive response to the mods was your way of admitting that you watched it illegally.

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 8:00:08 PM)

You know what? Bollocks to this, I'm not letting Adam or anyone else drag another good thread off topic by page 1.

So tonight I'm either watching TTSS or Nixon. Although I'm also considering Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. [:)]

adambatman82 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 8:07:07 PM)

quote:

You know what? Bollocks to this, I'm not letting Adam or anyone else drag another good thread off topic by page 1.

You're good at running away from a debate, I'll give you that.

Why not just explain where you watched Warrior? That would settle everything that the mods have taken issue with? The more you dodge the issue the more you're making it look as though you've done something wrong.

Scott_ -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (21/2/2012 8:41:19 PM)

Arguments are fun and all but films are way better...

I Lovefilm'd this bad boy on my Xbox...

[image]http://i51.tinypic.com/ju78zl.jpg[/image]

Adkins and JCVD was always going to be fun. Not quite Univeral Soldier Regeneration but another solid straight to DVD action flick.

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (22/2/2012 7:36:22 AM)

Cant get the image to show but

[image]http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/punisher_ver7.jpg[/image]
The Punisher

On Netflix... unimpressive

chris_scott01 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (22/2/2012 9:18:39 AM)

I've streamed quite a few films lately through Lovefilm on the Xbox:

Wheels on Meals (and there's a bunch more Jackie Chan films on there)
A bunch of Dario Argento films.
The Great Flamarion (via the Youtube app)
Eden Lake
Year One
Zombieland
Death Race 2000
Moon

Some have been poor quality especially when you've got fast movement which takes a bit of a toll, but others have been nearly indistinguishable from DVD quality. When Lovefilm first started streaming films had those horrible jagged edges, it's certainly improved since then even though my internet connection is the same.

vader100 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (22/2/2012 2:27:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris_scott01

I've streamed quite a few films lately through Lovefilm on the Xbox:

Wheels on Meals (and there's a bunch more Jackie Chan films on there)
A bunch of Dario Argento films.
The Great Flamarion (via the Youtube app)
Eden Lake
Year One
Zombieland
Death Race 2000
Moon

Some have been poor quality especially when you've got fast movement which takes a bit of a toll, but others have been nearly indistinguishable from DVD quality. When Lovefilm first started streaming films had those horrible jagged edges, it's certainly improved since then even though my internet connection is the same.

Now those jackie chan films may be worth checking out. Not available on Blu ray and generally poor picture and sound quality. This may be the best they have ever looked.

Mojo -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (24/2/2012 1:37:14 PM)

[image]http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters/11_10/2009/1465522/l_1465522_8931f650.jpg[/image]

Watched this on Netflix this morning, really enjoyed it. Its a lot of fun with some inventive deaths and a great premise.

jcthefirst -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (26/2/2012 12:10:19 PM)

quote:

Let's just set out the stall here.  If you're reporting on movies that you've streamed from iTunes/Lovefilm/NetflixSky BO or another legitimate provider, then feel free to do so.  If you're boasting about movies that you have downloaded or streamed illegally, then that is a very big no-no and may result in further intervention from moderators, up to and including official warnings or even bans, depending on circumstances.

Not wanting to stoke the fires here, but can I ask what is the difference between this thread and people posting in US speed TV threads? I know for a fact that mods post in those threads, often talking about American aunts.

Not judging, just wondering.

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (26/2/2012 5:11:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

Not wanting to stoke the fires here, but can I ask what is the difference between this thread and people posting in US speed TV threads? I know for a fact that mods post in those threads, often talking about American aunts.

Not judging, just wondering.

Very good point jc. [sm=happy34.gif]

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (28/2/2012 4:10:14 AM)

[image]http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/500x_finalposter.jpg[/image]

Prince of Persia on Netflix

Garbage

Ugetsu -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (4/3/2012 3:41:02 AM)

quote:

I'm pretty sure it's been available on SkyBO/Go for afew weeks.

adambatman82 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (4/3/2012 1:11:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ugetsu

quote:

It has been, now. It was made available on Sky BO on Feb 21st, two days after the original post was made.

elab49 -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (4/3/2012 1:38:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ugetsu

quote:

It has been, now. It was made available on Sky BO on Feb 21st, two days after the original post was made.

Indeed - I'd checked Sky (and it wasn't available at that time), Netflix, Lovefilm etc before asking my original question and wondered as I hadn't been able to find it anywhere [:)]

Spectator of Suicide -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (10/3/2012 11:54:13 PM)

[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JAouHbJqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/image]
[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51euJ2ssHhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/image]
[image]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GD0YE3MKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/image]

Hood_Man -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (11/3/2012 1:51:16 AM)

I'll list the ones I've stream off Lovefilm and finished (not that many actually):

The Mist (REALLY haunting ending!)
The Seventh Seal
The Prisoner Episode 1 (Patrick McGoohan version)
The Road
Zulu
Party Monster
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Bowling for Columbine
The Iron Giant
Son of Rambow (quickly becoming a favourite film, I've seen it 3 times in the last month)
The Counterfeiters
The Elephant Man
Borstal Boy

Spaldron -> RE: What have you downloaded or streamed today? (11/3/2012 1:58:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I'll list the ones I've stream off Lovefilm and finished (not that many actually):

The Prisoner Episode 1 (Patrick McGoohan version)

Dude you've got to watch the whole thing through, its fucking amazing!!

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI