Dan Aykroyd On Ghostbusters 3 Rumours (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Dan Aykroyd On Ghostbusters 3 Rumours (13/2/2012 7:42:49 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Existing Bloke -> Sorry for my repeated posts (13/2/2012 7:42:49 PM)

I remember Dan Aykroyd saying, in a discussion of Ghostbusters 2, that the sequel allowed for exploration of previously unused ideas. A true sequel, Ghostbusters 2 revealed more of an established and beloved fictional universe, continuing the story in new directions. It would be ideal if all the central cast could return, but either way, it would be a joy to see further exploration of this story.

Sorry for my repeated posts, the screen kept saying there'd been an error.

Existing Bloke -> (13/2/2012 7:43:15 PM)

I remember Dan Aykroyd saying, in a discussion of Ghostbusters 2, that the sequel allowed for exploration of previously unused ideas. A true sequel, Ghostbusters 2 revealed more of an established and beloved fictional universe, continuing the story in new directions. It would be ideal if all the central cast could return, but either way, it would be a joy to see further exploration of this story.

Existing Bloke -> Yes please (13/2/2012 7:43:40 PM)

Sorry for all these posts, the screen kept saying there'd been an error.

shitneck -> (13/2/2012 7:45:06 PM)

"No-one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts"

I think Bill Murray has just about summed up the general feeling in one sentence. Maybe they could be in the movie in an advisory role, but as for the lead, well, that is just cringeworthy.

mclane1 -> WTF? (13/2/2012 7:49:59 PM)

of course that is EXACTLY what we want to see!!, 3 old guys chasing ghosts, murray, ackroyd, etc. in their original roles!!! But of course that wont happen, they will 'reboot' it and have stiller, wilson and some other over rated 30 something and it will be toss.

mclane1 -> WTF? (13/2/2012 7:50:30 PM)

of course that is EXACTLY what we want to see!!, 3 old guys chasing ghosts, murray, ackroyd, etc. in their original roles!!! But of course that wont happen, they will 'reboot' it and have stiller, wilson and some other over rated 30 something and it will be toss.

larstrygve -> Pulling it in the wrong direction (13/2/2012 10:42:17 PM)

I really don't thing they should be doing this anymore. But undoubtley they will. The thing is that we DO want to see these old, fat guys chasing ghosts. Not anybody else. And if they can't get the original cast back together, okey, reboot it completely. Start over with som new guys the kids (that don't give a rats ass about who Dan Aykroyd is anyway) can relate to, I don't care. I can watch the original anytime I want. But don't cross the streams. Bring back all the originals and let them play without suport from Stiller & co (or whoever) or reimagine the original and let the new people do what they need to do to catch the attention of the kids of 2012

larstrygve -> Pulling it in the wrong direction (13/2/2012 10:42:48 PM)

I really don't thing they should be doing this anymore. But undoubtley they will. The thing is that we DO want to see these old, fat guys chasing ghosts. Not anybody else. And if they can't get the original cast back together, okey, reboot it completely. Start over with som new guys the kids (that don't give a rats ass about who Dan Aykroyd is anyway) can relate to, I don't care. I can watch the original anytime I want. But don't cross the streams. Bring back all the originals and let them play without suport from Stiller & co (or whoever) or reimagine the original and let the new people do what they need to do to catch the attention of the kids of 2012

IKEOBI -> The Busters become the Busted! (13/2/2012 11:23:45 PM)

Why don't they flip it where the old gang become ghosts and the city of New York have to call in a new breed of Ghostbusters to get rid of them.

littlechris -> Nice idea (13/2/2012 11:27:50 PM)

I think I like the idea of it more than I'd actually like to see it. Ghostbusters is my favourite movie, but it was very much a film of it's time that wouldn't work now. Look at all of the 80s films that have been brought back in the 21st - Die Hard, the Thing, Indy and Star Wars, they just pale in comparison. Best just to leave it alone and concentrate on doing something new

ChicksHands -> Without Bill Murray! (14/2/2012 12:00:46 AM)

Without Bill Murray you have nothing.

U Boll -> If you enjoyed GB then why the hell not want to see another maybe better? (14/2/2012 12:09:32 AM)

Bring it on! And despite all nay sayers 3D ghosts would work a treat!
Oh yes 3Dify the old one why don't you too please!

zack_ryan -> bring in The Rock (14/2/2012 4:05:03 AM)

i know.. bring The Rock in.. maybe that would work, no? :p

zack_ryan -> bring in The Rock (14/2/2012 4:05:15 AM)

i know.. bring The Rock in.. maybe that would work, no? :p

Y2Neildotcom -> Leave The Classics Alone (14/2/2012 8:41:26 AM)

OK, I loved the Ghostbusters and Dan Aykroyd is one of my favourite people but there is no real need for a third movie. Especially if they're not all on board.

It's just going to be a 3D disaster and more than likely mirror events of the first to keep the key players in and bring back Mr. Stay Puft (undoubtedly the best monster ever).

Whilst I'd like to see these guys together again, I wish they'd just let sleeping dogs lie. We all saw what happened when they made a sequel to the Blues Brothers without Belushi. Lets just leave GB3 to the fan fiction.

MusicLovesYou -> If they can sort the script and the premise out... (14/2/2012 8:48:45 AM)

...then why not go for it? I can understand Bill Murray not wanting to do it but if he sees a script he's happy with then it would be difficult to refuse on creative integrity alone. I do kind of like the idea of them passing the mantle to a younger generation but the casting would have to be spot on.

stuxmusic -> (14/2/2012 8:52:06 AM)

"No-one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts" simply untrue.

stuxmusic -> (14/2/2012 8:52:08 AM)

stuxmusic -> (14/2/2012 8:52:36 AM)

Nicky C -> It's GOING to happen ... (14/2/2012 9:27:13 AM)

... so I'm enthusiastic about how seriously Ackroyd is taking the writing. I think it's commendable. Shame Murray doesn't want to do it, but that doesn't automatically mean it will suck. However, they will need a new actor who's at least as funny as Bill Murray ... and there's the rub! They need to think outside the box, like having someone such as Kristen Wiig as the daughter of Louis and Janine. New angles will keep it fresh!

amudie -> (14/2/2012 9:45:32 AM)

There is no Ghostbusters 3 without Bill Murray. Best get Wes Anderson involved...

BelfastBoy -> RE: (14/2/2012 10:10:21 AM)

Leave Ghostbusters in the past where it belongs, with its reputation maintained by affectionate nostalgia. The legacy can only be tarnished by a much belated continuation (like Indy 4).

alexd -> Old can be funny! (14/2/2012 11:42:02 AM)

"No-one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts"
They were hardly the most athletic group for the first movie so watching them now that they are older would make it even funnier to me

Wozza80 -> "What a crime!" (14/2/2012 6:12:40 PM)

The longer this procrastinates the higher the chance it'll be a let-down. Especially if there is no Murray. I'd be quite happy to leave them as they are, and let's face it, the second one pushed it a bit.

Wozza80 -> "What a crime!" (14/2/2012 6:12:58 PM)

The longer this procrastinates the higher the chance it'll be a let-down. Especially if there is no Murray. I'd be quite happy to leave them as they are, and let's face it, the second one pushed it a bit.

Wozza80 -> "What a crime!" (14/2/2012 6:13:36 PM)

Wozza80 -> "What a crime!" (14/2/2012 6:13:53 PM)

Wozza80 -> "What a crime!" (14/2/2012 6:17:16 PM)

The longer this procrastinates the higher chance that it will be a let down. Especially if there is to be no Murray. I think a lot of people would be happy with just the two that were made. And let's face it, the second one was pushing it a bit.

Wozza80 -> "What a crime!" (14/2/2012 6:17:41 PM)

The longer this procrastinates the higher chance that it will be a let down. Especially if there is to be no Murray. I think a lot of people would be happy with just the two that were made. And let's face it, the second one was pushing it a bit.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI