Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (13/2/2012 5:49:19 PM)

Post your comments on this article

losthighway -> SPOILER ALERTS! (13/2/2012 5:49:20 PM)

Well i'm a fan of Sandra and the premise of the film certainly sounds interesting. However the final line of the review is a spoiler, so some warning would have been nice!! As for the 2 stars, hmmm... it appears to warrant more than that from what you've said, although it's clearly a divisive topic - as was the eending to Remember Me (starring R-Patz!). A love it or hate it film then... i'm there!

jordan thomas -> brillient (13/2/2012 7:52:49 PM)

forget what the critics say it is much better

smakris04 -> Extremely Loud And Incredibly Boring... (13/2/2012 10:24:05 PM)

Honestly I wrote some words about how bad this movie is on you academy awards nominations. Really cheap, poorly written characters with okay performances. Honestly my mother wouldn't let me out alone before I was 15 unless I was with friends let alone, alone in NYC. And this supposed to be touching? The kid was alright but the character was not. Really really poor. I believe it would touch the americans more.

tysmuse -> err (18/2/2012 9:16:21 PM)

this film is so mawkish, i left the cinema with diabetes.

the film man -> Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close Review (18/2/2012 10:19:07 PM)

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close has a story worth telling, but it deserves better than the treacly and pretentious treatment director Stephen Daldry gives it.

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (20/2/2012 10:40:29 AM)

I appreciate the review and make no suggestion to either knowing the director's intention or being smart, but two points might encourage future re-assessment.

1) This is a fresh, interesting attempt to address the
tragedy of 9/11; a subject that, frankly, has been talked to
exhaustion, and offers much to consider in a brave way.

2) Daldry's work always has a deliberately intellectual, esoteric,
detached tone; in other words, I could be wrong, but he had
no-intention of simply leading the audience by the hand to a
manipulative sob-fest.

The critics seem polarized on this one, but if he did what I think he aimed for, then it was very good indeed.

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (20/2/2012 10:40:31 AM)

I appreciate the review and make no suggestion to either knowing the director's intention or being smart, but two points might encourage future re-assessment.

1) This is a fresh, interesting attempt to address the
tragedy of 9/11; a subject that, frankly, has been talked to
exhaustion, and offers much to consider in a brave way.

2) Daldry's work always has a deliberately intellectual, esoteric,
detached tone; in other words, I could be wrong, but he had
no-intention of simply leading the audience by the hand to a
manipulative sob-fest.

The critics seem polarized on this one, but if he did what I think he aimed for, then it was very good indeed.

bereski -> Better than this review (20/2/2012 9:59:38 PM)

Really good movie, 2 stars ? Are you morons ?

mckendry158 -> WTFF??? (21/2/2012 9:54:28 AM)

How can you give this film a mere 2 stars? The film is captivating dealing with the sense of loss. It is much better than what any of these reviews suggest. 9/11 is a backdrop tothe film, it doesn't evolve around it. Poor taste.

Evil_Bob -> RE: WTFF??? (22/2/2012 8:21:40 PM)

Agree with the review completely.
You either love Oskar or you hate him. I fucking hated him. Mainly the actor though.

TheGodfather -> (23/2/2012 11:17:15 PM)

The story of an extremely annoying boy who lost his dad (Tom Hanks) in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center. What follows is two hours worth of screaming, crying and boring search that isn`t interesting in the least bit. How in God`s name this was ever nominated for the Oscar for Best Picture, I`ll never EVER know.
Extremely Long & Incredibly Boring....

5,0/10

homersimpson_esq -> RE: (27/2/2012 6:46:13 PM)

As much as 5 out of 10, TG? Generous.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: RE: (28/2/2012 10:15:08 AM)

As soon as Hanks left the film & we were left with shouty boy the film went into freefall.
Fuck knows what Bullock was doing in this her role was little more than nothing.
Also unsurprisingly i've heard the kid's not even a proper Actor was spotted on some televised quiz event.

RJNeb2 -> Extremely underrated (14/8/2014 12:10:54 AM)

Largely met with disdain by the critical bodies upon its release, this is nevertheless an enormously powerful and affecting analysis of post-911 grief, deftly managed by Daldry. Up front is young Horn in the demanding part of a (maybe) Asperger’s kid who is having real trouble coming to terms with the loss of his father in the World Trade Center. The character is intense and annoying but also fascinating. The attempts of his stricken mother to help him fall on deaf ears especially when a more unlikely ally emerges in the form of an elderly deaf-mute, an acting masterclass from the legendary von Sydow. This could have been a mawkish disaster but it’s restrained and elegant which makes its closing passages all the more powerful.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI