The Muppets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

Scruffybobby -> The Muppets (13/2/2012 2:20:39 PM)

What a truly joyful, hilarious and all round fantastic film.  If you don't come out of this with a huge grin and a feeling of goodwill to bith Man and Muppet then your soul is broken.

Let your love flow..

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: The Muppets (13/2/2012 2:21:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

What a truly joyful, hilarious and all round fantastic film.  If you don't come out of this with a huge grin and a feeling of goodwill to bith Man and Muppet then your soul is broken.

Let your love flow..

Nice to see the Muppets back[:D]

Timon -> RE: The Muppets (13/2/2012 2:28:42 PM)

[image]http://thedisneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/muppet-or-man.jpg[/image]

I'm a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
I'm a muuuuuuuuuuuuupppet!
I'm a muppet of a man!
I'm a very manly muuuuuppet!

Truly worthy of an Oscar nom.

Saltire -> RE: The Muppets (13/2/2012 3:54:32 PM)

Gotta love the Mups!! [;)]

ElephantBoy -> RE: The Muppets (13/2/2012 4:04:26 PM)

They are truly timeless and I loved this one, the post modern humour, 80's refenence and pure gusto. The musically numbers were ace too[:)] Cracking fun and I would put it just behind The Muppets Christmas Carol and The Muppets take Manhatten as their best film to date.

God I hope we don't have to wait another ten plus years for the next one[;)]

Whistler -> RE: The Muppets (13/2/2012 4:18:42 PM)

I loved it so much, just like every other Muppet film. I still can't get "Life's A Happy Song" out of my head [:D]

ElephantBoy -> RE: The Muppets (13/2/2012 4:20:19 PM)

Damn it I might just go back and see it again![:)]

talpacino -> RE: The Muppets (14/2/2012 10:21:41 AM)

quote:

What a truly joyful, hilarious and all round fantastic film.  If you don't come out of this with a huge grin and a feeling of goodwill to both Man and Muppet then you're a muppet of a man.

Fixed. [:D]

Went to the early show of this on Saturday as the missus is something of a muppet fanatic. Even at that early hour the cinema was half full and the majority of people there were our age. We only counted 4 kids.

Anyway, the film. Pretty great. Great start, slight dip in the middle and great onto the end. Favourite scenes are probably the opening song and the barber shop quartet. Beaker is amazing. He's probably my favourite after Kermit.

Must see for any old Muppets fan and perhaps Flight of the Conchords fans. I really hope Bret wins the oscar for that song.

Scruffybobby -> RE: The Muppets (14/2/2012 2:11:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

What a truly joyful, hilarious and all round fantastic film.  If you don't come out of this with a huge grin and a feeling of goodwill to both Man and Muppet then you're a muppet of a man.

Fixed. [:D]

Went to the early show of this on Saturday as the missus is something of a muppet fanatic. Even at that early hour the cinema was half full and the majority of people there were our age. We only counted 4 kids.

Anyway, the film. Pretty great. Great start, slight dip in the middle and great onto the end. Favourite scenes are probably the opening song and the barber shop quartet. Beaker is amazing. He's probably my favourite after Kermit.

Must see for any old Muppets fan and perhaps Flight of the Conchords fans. I really hope Bret wins the oscar for that song.

I was going to use that but then I decided that "Muppet" as a derogatory term should not exist in this thread, as I assume it doesn't in the song (also hope it wins)or the film.

There were quite a few kids at the screening I went to. There were a couple of little 'uns (a  boy and girl) in the row  in front of mine and they were clearly haivng a great time. I could see them dancing along in their seats to the songs and generally getting excited. Normally that would piss me off no end but in case it just made me smile. Such is the overwhelming goodwill of the film. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

HughesRoss -> RE: The Muppets (14/2/2012 2:15:12 PM)

Awesome.......

My fave film of 2012 so far.......loved every glorious second of it......

ElephantBoy -> RE: The Muppets (14/2/2012 2:52:50 PM)

It was the early part of the film which was the weakest for me, because of the way they had to exlain the lack of the Muppets and then with the period of getting them back together it did drag a little, but once the gang was back together it was fun all the way to the end[:)]

benmharper -> RE: The Muppets (14/2/2012 7:31:42 PM)

Saw it at the weekend, loved every minute. I was giggling like a child throughout but was in uncontrolled, tears rolling down my face laughter when the chickens started singing 'forget you'. [:D]

Sutty -> RE: The Muppets (14/2/2012 8:32:55 PM)

I don;t even need to see this to know I will love it.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The Muppets (23/2/2012 7:33:17 PM)

AC-TING NA-TU-RAL!

I've watched this twice now and I enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time around, it's just brilliant. The only bum note for me would be Me Party, it's just not a very good song. Apart from that though it's pretty much flawless.

And Pictures In My Head would make a worthier winner of an Oscar than Man or Muppet imo. Man or Muppet is amazing but Pictures is a stunning song.

Scruffybobby -> RE: The Muppets (28/2/2012 4:48:08 PM)

And the winner is - Bret McKenzie! Well done mate, much deserved.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The Muppets (2/3/2012 12:08:56 PM)

Muppets sequel announced CLICKY.

No surprise really given the money it's taken at the box office so far.

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Muppets (2/3/2012 12:33:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Muppets sequel announced CLICKY.

Good. Let's actually focus on The Muppets now that people love them again and have less of the human leads. Let's get back to a Muppet Movie-Muppets Take Manhattan kind of film where they are in every scene. And keep away from book adaptations, that only worked once [:D]

(don't take this as me hating the new film, I don't. )

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The Muppets (2/3/2012 1:38:43 PM)

I agree with you mostly. The human leads were absolutely necessary in the new film IMO and it worked brilliantly in Muppets Christmas Carol but I'd like to see a Muppet led movie next as well. As long as we never have to suffer another Muppets Wizard of Oz I'll be happy [:D].

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Muppets (2/3/2012 2:22:58 PM)

Indeed, that one is pretty bad, except for the Tarantino pitch scene [:D]

I feel that there were human leads and a new 'human' Muppet because Disney were unsure if people would go to see a Muppet movie in the cinema. It was necessary and it worked so lets have less of that and more Muppet hijinks [:D]

ElephantBoy -> RE: The Muppets (3/3/2012 7:50:59 PM)

But the human performances were really good. Amy Adams is a pure joy in it!

Another musical highlight is the use of 'We Built this City'![:)]

Shifty Bench -> RE: The Muppets (5/3/2012 3:21:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

But the human performances were really good.

I didn't say they weren't [:)]

Wyvenetta -> RE: The Muppets (13/3/2012 9:27:04 AM)

Really, Really enjoyed this movie. My boyfriend and I were both sucked back to our childhood years watching the muppet show on tv. Everyone came out of the cinema singing "mena mena, doo doo di doo dooo" (not sure of the spelling[sm=33.gif]) and it created a really warm and fuzzy atmosphere. Roll on the sequel! I was really pleased to see a return to the back to basics formula and hope they don't try to make it too "big" again.

Scruffybobby -> RE: The Muppets (12/6/2012 2:52:47 PM)

Just got the bluray. Very much enjoyed watching the film again. Having watched the deleted scenes I can see why they were cut - g they ain't that great althoug the extended Tex Richman rap is good. Will give the rest of the extras a look tonight

Smudge1985 -> RE: The Muppets (22/8/2012 11:10:27 PM)

Saw at the pics when it came out, and saw most of it again recently with one of the people I look after buying the DVD recently. Considering its been so long since the Muppets were so big, I enjoyed it. Had everything that made the Muppets so good in the first place, it was fun, great songs, characters we loved. The bit in Miss Piggy's office in Paris always makes me laugh.

Muppets Take Manhattan will always be my favourite though! Old school childhood memories of taping it off Sky Movies at about 6am in the summer holidays and wearing the tape out! Good times!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI