Oscar Nominees 2012: Best Actor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Oscar Nominees 2012: Best Actor (10/2/2012 6:37:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

MissOrange -> Not to be picky but... (10/2/2012 6:37:37 PM)

Shouldn't that say 'Why HE will win'???

Count Karnstein -> jean dujardin - Empire makes mistake! (10/2/2012 7:40:48 PM)

he hasn't won best supporting actor before, has he?? for what?
surely, that's wrong as this is his first proper english language film, and Oscar does really like foreign speaking movies (hence the token category)

agent cooper -> (10/2/2012 7:58:48 PM)

If there was any justice it would Oldman and it wouldn't be one of those here you are for your body of work Oscars like Marty got for the Departed it would be an award for arguably one of if not the finest performances of his career. Oldman is riveting and the fact Alfredson and Hardy or Cumberbatch aren't up for their respective awards goes to show the Academy don't know jack! My favourite film of last year and simply a masterpiece!

Whistler -> Best Actor (10/2/2012 8:17:34 PM)

It's a travesty that Gary Oldman has never even been nominated, so it'd be great to see him win, but Clooney's performance in The Descendants really was terrific, and considering he's never won Best Actor I think he deserves it.

smakris04 -> (11/2/2012 8:18:51 AM)

I haven't seen all these movies so I can't really have a say. But having seen and liked the artist I can't understand why or how he got a nomination. It is not a bad performance but it is very theatrical. Like he is acting infront of little children. Over dramatic. I understand that the role demands smt like that becuse it is a "silent movie" but I've seen him before and it is the way he is acting. The movie as a whole actually although I liked it the moment I heard about the nominations I LOLed because this movie, charming as it is. Should not be up there. Why did it get any attention to begin with? because it is made the way movies were made 100 years ago? I understand that they want to give an academy award to Pitt and Oldman cos they own it to them but the movie with Oldman was terrible. I loved the one minute movie version of it on the empire competition by the way! The cast was great but it was one of those movies you forget and nobody who watched it will see it again. On Pitt. He is great. But I had to switch off the movie because I got bored. I am not a sportsperson and I couldn't give a damn about the characters who kick their head to find solutions about sports. I haven't seen the Clooney movie yet but I have seen Clooney act only in a couple of films. Usually he is just there to be there talking about smt... I think the academy awards could do better...

kickpuncher -> If being in Harry Potter means you won't win an Oscar... (11/2/2012 12:41:57 PM)

...then that's pretty much it for the majority of the British Film Industry at the Oscars for at least a decade.

Dropje -> Jean Dujardin (12/2/2012 10:52:11 AM)

The third argument "Why it will win" (which should be "why HE will win", surely) has been copied from Clooney's page. Also, he's not only won the SAG award, but also the Golden Globe for best actor in a comedy/musical.

maleachi -> Anyways. (12/2/2012 3:32:06 PM)

It really should be Dujardin taking home the main price. I didn't think Clooney's turn was all that terrific in "The Descendants" and though I acknowledge that Oldman delivered a very fine perfomance I just don't see him win. In my opinion it's either Clooney or Dujardin and then my sympathies are with J.D.

TheMovieAddict101 -> Gary Oldman's pissed. (13/2/2012 9:23:31 PM)

Gary Oldman to win because he's "Batman's best friend?"
For an actor as talented and brilliant as Gary, I wouldv'e thought Empire could have come up with a better reason than THAT. I mean, jeez.

Alan Hill -> Jean Dujardin (The Artist) (14/2/2012 12:07:17 PM)

Dear Empire you say - He’s won Best Supporting Actor previously, but it seems odd that such a huge figure in the town doesn’t also have a Best Actor statuette.

Is this correct as I don't remember Jean Dujardin winning?

Cheers, Al.

mrsstifler -> Jean Dujardin (14/2/2012 4:12:24 PM)

I know SAG's always a good indicator, but he's also won Globe, BAFTA & Best Actor at Cannes which must surely count for something?

Zubi Q -> Brad Pitt (19/2/2012 1:55:25 PM)

It’s only his third nomination; there’s plenty of time and there’ll be more to come. Pitt’s career has gone from strength to strength in the last few years. Also, the bastard comes home to Angelina Jolie every night: he doesn’t need an Oscar too

I LOL'd, bravo Empire! :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI