Gravity (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

piginapoke -> Gravity (8/2/2012 9:42:40 PM)

Thread on Gravity (out November 2012) directed by Alfonso Cuaron.

Maybe it's me but I've seen no thread on this intruiging film about what is literally the ultimate fight for survival

With Alfonso Cuaron behind it who (director of one of my all time favourites Children of Men), this sounds like a challenging film to be centred on as I see it one person (Sandra Bullock in this case) trying to survive in Earth orbit after a space disaster.

Not sure what part George Clooney plays in it, maybe a Mission Control contact, but this could literally be a two man/woman show film, so the script will have to be top notch - how Alfonso will get this one to work is anyone's guess but at least there's an ace director behind it.

Looking forward to it.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: Gravity (9/2/2012 2:31:14 AM)

Just like you say, I think this has the potential to be very special. All in all the casting shook out pretty well, as I'm not a fan of Jolie, who was originally rumored for the lead. CHILDREN OF MEN may well be my favorite film of the Aughts, and with this being a film that finally seems like it will treat space exploration with the awe and seriousness that it deserves, it's hard not for me to get hyped on this one.

pete_traynor -> RE: Gravity (9/2/2012 4:02:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: piginapoke

Maybe it's me but I've seen no thread on this intruiging film about what is literally the ultimate fight for survival

I started one ages ago. Search brings it up:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2756515&mpage=1&key=gravity

piginapoke -> RE: Gravity (9/2/2012 11:47:49 PM)

ooops. sorry about that.

film man aidy -> RE: Gravity (24/9/2012 11:26:30 PM)

Looking foward to this one. Read a rough cut review on Aintitcool, and it sounds fantastic. Grown up sci fi- more please!

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Gravity (8/10/2012 12:07:39 AM)

Its been put back for a 2013 release.
Have high hopes for this piece.

pete_traynor -> RE: Gravity (8/10/2012 1:57:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: piginapoke

I started one ages ago. Search brings it up:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2756515&mpage=1&key=gravity

Existing thread for this already guys [;)]

Judge -> RE: Gravity (18/10/2012 10:03:40 PM)

Just rewatched Children of Men which really does get better with every viewing for me.

Really can't wait for Gravity now, anything with Cuaron's name attached has my interest and this sounds terrific.

pete_traynor -> RE: Gravity (23/10/2012 2:01:26 PM)

Oh I give up [:D]

Judge -> RE: Gravity (18/11/2012 12:32:17 AM)

Delight.

For Pacific Rim too, but mainly Gravity.

Judge -> RE: Gravity (16/1/2013 1:02:27 PM)

Release date! October 4th... officially excited!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.100586E-02