Oscar Nominees 2012: Best Picture (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Oscar Nominees 2012: Best Picture (8/2/2012 1:38:49 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Judge -> Woody Allen's never won Best Picture (8/2/2012 1:38:49 PM)

Errr Annie Hall?

Jack'sSmirkinRevenge -> The Artist (8/2/2012 2:00:10 PM)

If The Artist doesn't win, I'll be gobsmacked, but could see The Descendants getting it instead. It shouldn't though. Drive should definitely been in this list. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close should definitely not. Also, Annie Hall did win Best Picture in '77.

loafroaster -> Tinker Tailor... (8/2/2012 3:19:59 PM)

Should be up for it. And should win.

Whistler -> (8/2/2012 3:24:36 PM)

The Artist will win it hands down, and I'm happy for that because I loved it, but it still grinds my gears that Drive isn't even on the list.

Elegy -> (8/2/2012 3:55:31 PM)

I can see The Artist sweeping the board with ease. The only competition it's got from my point of view is The Descendants, and just possibly Midnight in Paris.

stevolegendbauer -> Poor selection this year (8/2/2012 5:06:49 PM)

The Artist will win for sure but mainly because there's no competition. There have been some great films this year, but they're not nominated, where are Drive, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and I know they were long shots but Warrior, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Guard and the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. they are all popular, well received films and any of them would have a justifiable place on that list but instead we have Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. There's no real competition in it this year and it is not a representative list of the quality of films we've had in the last 12 months. Hopefully next year the Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit will be duking it out amongst 8 other very good movies

fantastic mr ethan -> (9/2/2012 9:28:33 AM)

The Artist will win because the academy are a naive bunch of children this year.

Grimm -> (9/2/2012 6:09:00 PM)

Also, War Horse doesn't have any A-list stars in it. But wait... so did Slumdog..!

agent cooper -> (10/2/2012 8:04:09 PM)

Why the fuck is this over sentimental shite with Hanks getting a nom and not Tinker Tailor.

smakris04 -> (11/2/2012 8:49:16 AM)

I've seen 6 movies out of nine. I've already expressed my opinion on the artist. It is charming but not oscarworthy. because somebody had the idea of making it a silent movie suddenly this shallow overacted thin movie has been collecting awards around the world. I really liked it overall but all this buzz got me angry against it. The help was not a good movie. I know Americans seemed to like it but they forget that it is fiction. I think they read "based on a book" on the cover and thought it was a real story. If it were a real story I'd give it 10 Oscars especially for having a mogul - I do not mean any disrespect towards people with disabilities- as a leading lady but it is a novel written by smt in the 20th century with 20th century characters set in the 50s. Shame for your pick Academy. ELAIC has talent. But somehow I didn't feel it. Maybe again it is meant for Americans who actually lived the event closer than their TV screens like me. The irresponsible mother who allows her problematic kid to go about NY for the most part unprotected. Even the kid tell her off. provision for children should have banned this movie. Money ball was a turn off for me and again I haven’t seen all the movies but The Tree of Life is simply poetry with pictures and War Horse is an incredibly human story. These two along with Another Earth (which surprisingly got no nominations) were the three best movies of the year for me. Choose wisely Academy.

Mr. Fincher -> Interesting... (11/2/2012 9:58:02 AM)

I honestly don't think The Artist is going to win. Yes, the hype is overwhelming but so was Avatar's and that didn't win.

I also think that The Descendants won at the Globes which usually has a big impact since the academy like to copy the Globes A LOT.

But I agree drive should have taken the place of Extremely Loud and, since they had the option of 10 nominees, Tinker tailor should have been in the lineup as well.

maleachi -> Noms (13/2/2012 6:45:17 PM)

I would have loved different Best Picture noms, as well:
1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2) Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy 3)The Artist 4) Moneyball 5)The Descendants 6) The Muppets 7)The Adventures of TinTin 8)Drive 9)The Tree of Life 10)Carnage
So, I'll have my fingers crossed for The Artist, and yes, it will win hands down.

Enzino -> Scorsese is most legendary (16/2/2012 2:46:32 PM)

Now I've heard it all! How can someone be legendary, more legendary or most legendary?

ScottPilgrimJDP -> Yes, it SHOULD have been Drive. (26/2/2012 12:52:23 AM)

To hell with EL&EC. Drive was the second best film of the year, and it is wonderful. Stupid Academy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI