Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Your Funny Uncle -> Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (8/2/2012 9:39:37 AM)

I've just done a search and amazingly I can't find a thread for this. Surely I can't be the only one who watches it?

I think it's brilliant, the first series was great fun and so far the second has been just as good.

Worst. Holiday. Ever. [:D]

LEEJGM -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (8/2/2012 12:33:21 PM)

I thought it was shite to be honest. I watched all of the first series and found it a slow, confused mess. Considering the talent involved (who are all pretty good), I thought it was a missed opportunity that I'm surprised was greenlit for a second series.

discodave101 -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (8/2/2012 12:40:13 PM)

I'm more with LeeJGM on this, although not to that degree. I found the first series "watchable" - but other than that, I found it uninspired, very average stuff. I think it should've ended after the first series. I thought it was only a one-off 3 part drama.

Watched the first episode of the new series, and it was again just okay. Started watching the 2nd episode, and turned it off after 5 mins. The characters just aren't interesting enough, nor the script good enough to offer anything exciting/different or fresh.

Great cast, average show.

Magenta -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (8/2/2012 3:17:44 PM)

I for one am really liking it ok admittingly this time it's not quite as gripping as the first series but I think because the characters and the cast are so strong it's certainly keeping me glued.

Lets face it there's not much on television to get excited about but this is original,interesting and very very witty.
Love the casting of David Warner and that scene on the beach..
"Have a f*!!!! icecream [:D]

I also looking for a thread on it recently and was surprised not to find one.
I think it's the last one tomorrow,I've really enjoyed watching but yes stop now while you're ahead no series 3 necessary.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (9/2/2012 4:06:09 PM)

Did think there was already a thread for this back when it started. Anyway I really enjoyed the first series, thought it was stylish, well written and I liked the over the top performances. But they have lost the plot this time around, it just feels thrown together and has lost its edge. Last weeks was better, but overall pretty poor.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (9/2/2012 4:09:31 PM)

It's got John Simm in it....... that's all I need to know! (and guess Pep is watching as well) [:D]

I'm loving it. Yes, the very strong cast helps a lot as the stories are a bit off the wall but just when you think it's all okay [:D]

ElephantBoy -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (11/2/2012 1:09:19 AM)

It may just be me, but did very little of note happen in last nights finale? It all felt like a bit of anti-climax.

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (11/2/2012 6:51:50 PM)

Quite enjoyed this, I'll agree the second series or the finale didn't do much but David Warner was fantastic enough to make it all worth it... and I love both Simm and Glennister in anything and they were cracking as always [:D]

Magenta -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (12/2/2012 6:21:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

It may just be me, but did very little of note happen in last nights finale? It all felt like a bit of anti-climax.

I too felt the same.
I said no series three necessary and I was aghast to see that is exactly what they were planning.
I'm just not sure the storyline can keep it up but no doubt I shall be tunning in next time.
I always think ok you've got a good strong idea but just don't spoil it by over doing it.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (14/2/2012 7:45:42 AM)

I enjoyed this series as much as the first but not sure if they can pull off a third. I honestly thought it would end after this series. So Morocco it is then....[:D]

Tafferel -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (14/2/2012 8:42:18 AM)

I thought it was alright, but it is a bit, well, odd.
I don't mind a bit of suspended disbelief but some of it just seems daft.
For example, when matey said they could have the money no one asked why? They just blindly took it and climbed into a container a bloke who had been trying to kill them had told them about??

ElephantBoy -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (14/2/2012 3:07:22 PM)

Thats a fair point, also I didn't totally believe that they wouldn't do a runner after giving him his money in the first place. They would have been risking their lives either way, but he was just a old man sitting on the beach, its not like he could have physically hurt them.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (14/2/2012 3:26:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Thats a fair point, also I didn't totally believe that they wouldn't do a runner after giving him his money in the first place. They would have been risking their lives either way, but he was just a old man sitting on the beach, its not like he could have physically hurt them.

But I assume he knew where they lived. He certainly knew where Rick lived as he'd rang his wife. So even if they'd have ran they wouldn't have got away with it, and they knew that. They preferred to try and make things right.

quote:

when matey said they could have the money no one asked why? They just blindly took it and climbed into a container a bloke who had been trying to kill them had told them about??

That was a stretch of the imagination that none of them even questioned it although I just put it down to the fact they thought anywhere else was better than being there. It did have set-up written all over it though as soon as he mentioned a truck in bay twenty three. They were obviously his delivery boys.

musht -> RE: Mad Dogs - Sky 1 (12/6/2013 3:50:17 PM)

So has anyone else come back for the third series? Spoilers to follow!

I think it moves too fast for it's own good at times, for instance I would've liked to more of them in their new South African lives but all in all I'm still enjoying it. I loved the scene where they all rang home for the last time. I have my suspicions that Jaime Winstone will be back but it's hard to tell with this show.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI