RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Woger -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 4:55:22 PM)

Something about the story doesn't sit right with me. In the first episode a command was sent to the submarine via a back up channel, implying at the time that the main channel was down or it was from a rogue element of the government. Now the main channel wasn't down so who sent the command and shouldn't there be more of a fuss over this domestically?

elab49 -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 5:04:44 PM)

That's kind of the point - they are painting the sub's team as liars making crap up and only a couple of people actually know that they're telling the truth about what happened.

Woger -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 5:27:58 PM)

Ah ok, is the sub being blamed fo rthe strike on Paikistan? I musthave missed something somehow.

elab49 -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 6:02:40 PM)

You might want to rewatch the first epi. [:D]

They were ordered to make the strike but didn't, so then one of their own bombed them and that was used as an excuse to fire on Pakistan, who they blamed for destroying the sub.

But then they turn up again, making the claims about the signal and who was actually responsible for bombing them. So the US tag them as liars and try to kill them BUT some people (ie weapon woman) are able to find evidence of the original communication that is being denied.

Woger -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 6:46:36 PM)

Whoosh.

That was the sound of the episode going over my head.

elab49 -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 6:49:47 PM)

Which point? THere was a fakeout as an excuse to attack Pakistan. Conning a sub into going rogue didn't work, so they bombed it, blamed Pakistan and used that as an excuse to attack instead.

Woger -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 7:39:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Which point? THere was a fakeout as an excuse to attack Pakistan. Conning a sub into going rogue didn't work, so they bombed it, blamed Pakistan and used that as an excuse to attack instead.

I missed completely that Pakistan was nuked (for some as yet unkown reason) as they were blamed for attacking the sub. I thought Pakistan was atatcked for some other external development, hence my whole point about why isn't there more of a fuss over that.

musht -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 9:34:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I missed completely that Pakistan was nuked (for some as yet unkown reason) as they were blamed for attacking the sub. I thought Pakistan was atatcked for some other external development, hence my whole point about why isn't there more of a fuss over that.

Well of course the US government was going to bomb Pakistan anyway, they sent orders to the Colorado, the real question is why they wanted to bomb them in the first place. It has something to do with the Marines rescued by the Colorado

elab49 -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (19/11/2012 9:46:21 PM)

The sub was used as an excuse. The US population believe the attack on Pakistan was justified because of the unprovoked attack on the sub as they don't know the real story. Which is linked to what Musht said.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Last Resort - Crew Of A US Nuclear Submarine Form Their Own Nation (23/11/2012 9:23:19 PM)

This should please fans of the show- it's getting an actual ending. They are tweaking what would have been their season finale into a series finale.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.201172E-02