Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead (5/2/2012 3:02:40 AM)

Post your comments on this article

bobson13 -> Why the fuck not! (5/2/2012 3:02:40 AM)

This movie seems to be doing everything right. Its not recasting the role of Ash nor is it diverging wildly from the original premise. So my question is why the fuck shouldn't they make this movie? It could be good and if not then who gives a shit? Nightmare on elm street, Friday 13th and Halloween all have one thing in common, the quality of the remake had no effect whatsoever on the quality of the original.

dannyfletch -> PLEASE NO!!! (5/2/2012 10:50:33 AM)

This is not doing anything right! A re-make of such an iconic low budget classic horror is such a bad idea, especially with this shitty idea they have with some dreary woman taking the place of Ash and this crappy drug overdose idea is terrible. Please burn this idea now!!!

7eke -> grrrr (5/2/2012 12:01:46 PM)

noooo lol

7eke -> well said bobson (5/2/2012 12:02:10 PM)

If they want to remake so-called classics and cult hits so fucking what.......you may end up with another cracking film like the one you love thats got better effects and isnt dated, then again it will probably be shit........but so fucking what. what difference does it make. everytime a remake is anounced the first 10 comments are NOOOOOOOOO PLS LEAVE THIS CLASSIC ALONE. Grow the fuck up

BenTramer -> "I'll swallow your soul" "Swallow THIS!" (5/2/2012 8:58:38 PM)

Sure the original Evil Dead movies were made on a shoestring but a big budget doesn't necessarily equal a great film. You're forced to use your imagination more when you can't splurge on CGI.

dannyfletch -> RE: well said bobson (5/2/2012 9:32:32 PM)

Grow the fuck up??? Who the fuck are you? I think you'll find that what made The Evil Dead are the ropey special effects, we love em! I think you'll find that most of these remakes are pointless and all we are saying is why try and fix what isn't broken! Surely there must be new/different ideas they can come up with rather then more pointless remakes?

MonsterCat -> RE: Jane Levy Will Battle The Evil Dead (5/2/2012 11:01:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 7eke

If they want to remake so-called classics and cult hits so fucking what.......you may end up with another cracking film like the one you love thats got better effects and isnt dated, then again it will probably be shit........but so fucking what. what difference does it make. everytime a remake is anounced the first 10 comments are NOOOOOOOOO PLS LEAVE THIS CLASSIC ALONE. Grow the fuck up

I agree with your post up to a certain point, but I wouldn't tell people to "grow the fuck up". [:D]

You're right, it doesn't make a difference. Will the original Evil Dead be any less good if it was to be remade? No. It's impossible to ruin a well regarded, classic film with a bad remake or sequel.

Let Raimi go ahead with his Evil Dead remake. If it turns out shitty, we will always have the first two good films.

davidjthomson -> ? (6/2/2012 1:48:18 PM)

Sounds like an interesting premise, just a shame that they've made a rod for their own back by calling it "Evil Dead".

davidjthomson -> ? (6/2/2012 1:48:24 PM)

Sounds like an interesting premise, just a shame that they've made a rod for their own back by calling it "Evil Dead".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02