Exclusive: New Pusher Poster Blasts In (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: New Pusher Poster Blasts In (1/2/2012 6:11:08 PM)

Post your comments on this article

dannyfletch -> Why??? (1/2/2012 6:11:08 PM)

Another pointless re-make. If you want Pusher then watch the original Nicholas Winding Refn version, he is such a visionary film maker that no one should even think about re-doing his work! Just because people can't be arsed to read subtitles!

MusicLovesYou -> I'm with dannyfletch on this one (1/2/2012 6:44:09 PM)

And I haven't even seen the original (it's on my list, forgive me!), but...I do really like this poster. Still, my creative integrity says no to pointless remakes. This might, just might, fall into the category of worthwhile remake, but I suspect dannyfletch is on to something.

Sambora -> What's your point? (1/2/2012 9:41:30 PM)

MusicLovesYou - what is your point? It shouldn't be remade tho you haven't seen 'it' . . . yet it might be a good remake? Blah blah, Pusher is quintessentially Danish in mood and (obviously) setting so it's lazy to presume it can be transplanted to London 15 or 16 years later. The 'zany one from Coupling' being the lead and that annoying random model being the female lead is the full review in advance . . . gash.

papalupara -> As massive fan of the original...... (2/2/2012 8:51:26 AM)

I wasn`t too arsed about this remake,unitl i heard about Neil Maskell (fekin immense in Kill List) and the mighty Zlatko Buric (better in Pusher 3 than Brando was in the Godfather).
Normally remakes are a no-no for me but I might well check this out.

elab49 -> RE: What's your point? (2/2/2012 8:55:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sambora

The 'zany one from Coupling' being the lead and that annoying random model being the female lead is the full review in advance . . . gash.

I'd guess you don't really know much about Coyle's work other than IMDB - he's possibly the best reason to give this a go. Although you're bang on with the 2nd - why do they keep inflicting people whose only 'talent' is 'pretty' on us by pretending they can act?

Nicky C -> Cool! I'll go see it! (2/2/2012 11:01:40 AM)

I like all 3 Pusher films (personal favourite is 'With Blood on my Hands', part 2 with Mads Mikkelsen in the lead) and I think it's exactly the sort of material that can be transported from one city to another. Couldn't give a sh*t about whether or not it's a remake. It's important to judge movies on their own merit. 75% of all films are based on exisitng material anyway, so the point is moot when you bother to think about it properly.

Nicky C -> Oh yeah, and another thing ... (2/2/2012 11:10:24 AM)

... just to annoy the remake haters, this is actually the second remake. The Hindi version came out in 2010.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI