RE: Star Wars saga 3D (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Marwood -> RE: Star Wars saga 3D (14/2/2012 12:48:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

in the end he forgot to judge it not for acting/dialogue but as whether it works as a visual spectacle-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-3d-bfi-imax-review/

To be fair, judging it as a visual spectacle rather than for it's acting/dialogue is probably doing the film a favour.

Plus being as it's a re-release of an existing film that has been vehemently discussed by fans and critics for over a decade why go over the same points? It's had a shiny new layer of tech thrown on it but is otherwise the same film as before; it's not like Bladerunner: The Director's Cut or Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen. Although I guess as a retrospective piece it's got some merit - does he feel any different about it after all this time etc.

anakin solo -> RE: Star Wars saga 3D (24/2/2012 5:56:41 PM)

[sm=fighting03.gif] I disagree 3D really works with the phantom menace, and having not seen that one at the cinema only made it more exciting. Also what i really liked about was that they had gotten rid of that stupid puppet version to be replaced with more better cgi version. And look forward to attack of the clones.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Star Wars saga 3D (24/2/2012 7:32:47 PM)

Yeah the cgi Yoda is a big improvement on the puppet they used originally.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.699707E-02