Hall of Fame 13: Winner (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> The Hall Of Fame

rawlinson -> Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:28:19 PM)

[image]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/worldsgreatestsinner/DasBoot.jpg[/image]

Surprising no one, Das Boot takes the win. Congrats to Matty for his second win in a row. Better luck next time to Rebel and Dev'. Thanks to everyone who took part, we should have the next round started fairly soon.

Rebel scum -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:34:34 PM)

I am shocked. SHOCKED.

No, it's a great film, sometimes the obvious choice is only obvious because it's good.

Also, if there are any tech wizards around, a "Hitler learns Downfall lost the Hall of Fame" video must be made!

matty_b -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:36:17 PM)

That would be awesome. [:D]

Also, YES.

impqueen -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:38:40 PM)

Congratulations Matty. [:)]

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:38:50 PM)

Let's be honest, Matty. You offered up Das Boot like a pimp with a teenage runaway. I hope everyone is suitably ashamed of themselves. [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:39:46 PM)

I'm not taking this from the man who won with Ikiru. [:D]

So shut up.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:40:55 PM)

[:D] Nominating The Thing twice was worse.

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:42:38 PM)

Hurrah!

I love the fact everyone else is winning with films in my top 20 and they're taking the hit for being vote whores [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:42:44 PM)

It deserved to win!

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:45:22 PM)

Yep, The Thing is a masterpiece of a film and deserved to win. But you were so desperate to win that you re-nominated it in the theme round just three or four rounds after it came in second in a regular round. [:D] As Dean Martin almost sang, That's Awhorey.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:46:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Hurrah!

I love the fact everyone else is winning with films in my top 20 and they're taking the hit for being vote whores [:D]

Says something about your top 20. [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:46:26 PM)

If I'd known there was a horror round coming up, I wouldn't have nominted it first time round.

I'd have nominated Jaws instead.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:48:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

If I'd known there was a horror round coming up, I wouldn't have nominted it first time round.

I'd have nominated Jaws instead.

[:D] Whoever nominates Jaws is the most shameless HoF member of all time.

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:51:30 PM)

I love Jaws [sm=whistle.gif]

But of the other 6 of my top 20 I've nominated a couple did crash and burn kind of. And it's not like I've yet nominated my other slam dunk vote whore winner [:-]

Or, indeed, His Girl Friday - just to see if your heart literally breaks or we just hear tales of someone rampaging up and down the country making posters on Empire eat their keyboards.

Rebel scum -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 12:53:22 PM)

8 of my top 20 have been nominated for the HoF. Only 1 won [:(].

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:26:49 PM)

quote:

But of the other 6 of my top 20 I've nominated a couple did crash and burn kind of. And it's not like I've yet nominated my other slam dunk vote whore winner [:-]

Or, indeed, His Girl Friday - just to see if your heart literally breaks or we just hear tales of someone rampaging up and down the country making posters on Empire eat their keyboards.

Nobody other than me is allowed His Girl Friday. It's the law. [:D] My main worry about it is it getting a L&H style reception, but I don't think it would.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:27:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

8 of my top 20 have been nominated for the HoF. Only 1 won [:(].

Which one?

Rebel scum -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:33:53 PM)

Eternal Sunshine.

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:36:29 PM)

Great winner. One of the most deserving we've ever had.

It's now Matty vs Paul vs TRM for the first to get three wins. [:D]

Rebel scum -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:39:01 PM)

Not if I nominate Jaws, Casablanca and Lord of the Rings! [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:42:00 PM)

I'd love to see Gimli's reaction should anyone other than him nominate LOTR. [:D]

impqueen -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:44:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Nobody other than me is allowed His Girl Friday. It's the law. [:D] My main worry about it is it getting a L&H style reception, but I don't think it would.

I decided if I were to enter a film none of those in my Top 20 would be nominated. Of the two I’ve put forward they are 31 and 59 in my Top 100 and though I love them I get that they won’t appeal to everyone. [:)]

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:52:00 PM)

I've nominated quite a few of my top 10 (Ugetsu, Ikiru, My Winnipeg) and they've all had fairly good receptions so far (shut up, TRM [:D]) His Girl Friday would worry me though.

I'm actually preferring doing the more obscure films as well. My nom for the next round will be fairly little seen, I think. I know one person in the round loves it, I think Elab might like it and I think you might be a fan as well, Imp' (It's the kind of film and actors you generally seem to like) Other than that, I'm expecting it to be disliked.  [:D]

And I would love to see a round where all three LotR films are nominated and none of them by Gimli. [:D]

jiraffejustin -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:53:51 PM)

quote:

Somebody may or may not have beaten you to nominating Casablanca....it may or may not have been myself. I may or may not be a shameless vote whore....I may or may not be really surprised nobody else has nominated Casablanca before.

Rebel scum -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:56:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jiraffejustin

quote:

Somebody may or may not have beaten you to nominating Casablanca....it may or may not have been myself. I may or may not be a shameless vote whore....I may or may not be really surprised nobody else has nominated Casablanca before.

[:D]

I'm so glad I'm not in the next round, my nom wouldn't stand a chance!

impqueen -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 1:57:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I've nominated quite a few of my top 10 (Ugetsu, Ikiru, My Winnipeg) and they've all had fairly good receptions so far (shut up, TRM [:D]) His Girl Friday would worry me though.

I'm actually preferring doing the more obscure films as well. My nom for the next round will be fairly little seen, I think. I know one person in the round loves it, I think Elab might like it and I think you might be a fan as well, Imp' (It's the kind of film and actors you generally seem to like) Other than that, I'm expecting it to be disliked.  [:D]

And I would love to see a round where all three LotR films are nominated and none of them by Gimli. [:D]

[:D]

Alternatively all 6 versions…

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 2:03:26 PM)

If we ever do get a LotR film nominated then I'm going to put in ED2 and start bribing voters. [:D]

elab49 -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 2:05:06 PM)

Alternatively all 1. [:D]

impqueen -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 2:06:18 PM)

Ralph Bakshi for the win!

rawlinson -> RE: Hall of Fame 13: Winner (30/1/2012 2:08:06 PM)

That would be cruel, but hilarious. [:D]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI