Joe Carnahan's Got A Death Wish (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Joe Carnahan's Got A Death Wish (30/1/2012 8:51:22 AM)

Post your comments on this article

dannyfletch -> Not sure! (30/1/2012 8:51:22 AM)

Okay, Death Wish is the iconic film it is because of Charles Bronson, he was an awesome action star/actor but apart from his presence it was a pretty average film and Death Wish 2 is better.
So a remake may be a good idea but with no Bronson they need to be very careful with selection to cast Paul Kersey. Please no Liam Neeson again!

attakdog -> (30/1/2012 9:00:36 AM)

FFS No, No, No, No, NO! Just leave it alone! Nobody could possibly hope to fill the shoes of the great Charlie Bronson, so don't even try!

Hollywood come up with some original ideas instead of rehashing/remaking/reimagining much loved classics.

What's next for the remake treatment, Sam Worthington as Dirty Harry??

Discodez -> RE: Joe Carnahan's Got A Death Wish (30/1/2012 11:39:16 AM)

The Charles Bronson film though a minor classic of seventies exploitation cinema imho is all about being a vehicle for Bronson's granite faced stoicism and it pretty much skips over the transition from victim to avenging angel so Winner and Charlie can get straight down to the neo fascist rabble rousing and offing a line up of filthy scumbags. It's a film that appeals to all our lowest common denominator feelings, especially for men I think. 

The book (which I actually read many years ago, is as I remember....) actually a quite complex meditation (for a pulpy crime novel) on grief and loss and how violence can twist and change a normal family man. He's a much more conflicted character than Bronson's Kersey and as such at times, stoops to lower levels of morality to fight his one man war on crime. It also takes a lot longer for the scumbag offing action to begin, and the ending (if I remember it correctly) is better too.

theeverlasting -> Why?? (30/1/2012 12:23:49 PM)

Oh God no, please, leave it alone, why anothe remake? Death Wish is a good film, it's got some very strong scenes in there so you know a remake will be watered down and probably totally different, just cashing in on the name "Death Wish". Come up with a new story, come on!

MonsterCat -> RE: Joe Carnahan's Got A Death Wish (30/1/2012 12:53:10 PM)

Personally I think Carnahan is a good match for a Death Wish remake. Narc proved he can do a tough and gritty crime thriller.

JimmyThe Saint -> (30/1/2012 1:14:59 PM)

They have made two films already so why not go for the hat trick?
They should get Liam Neeson to be the new Charles Bronson. The Taken Liam would be awesome.

durelius -> (30/1/2012 6:58:35 PM)

Hmm I think Lian Neeson would be a good fit for the role yes, I think though they have already remade this film a few years ago with Jodie Foster.

quinndows -> How about.... (30/1/2012 8:59:09 PM)

Josh Brolin for the lead?

I think he could carry this well...?

BenTramer -> Benicio Del Toro or Mickey Rourke as Kersey (30/1/2012 10:31:01 PM)

The original Death Wish could be improved upon as its quite dated now and no classic, although there are good moments in it. There HAS to be a Jeff Goldblum cameo, this time as a mugging victim (Goldblum played one of the muggers in the original Death WIsh and another one in the Bronson movie St Ives).

BenTramer -> Benicio Del Toro or Mickey Rourke as Kersey (30/1/2012 10:31:09 PM)

The original Death Wish could be improved upon as its quite dated now and no classic, although there are good moments in it. There HAS to be a Jeff Goldblum cameo, this time as a mugging victim (Goldblum played one of the muggers in the original Death WIsh and another one in the Bronson movie St Ives).

BenTramer -> Benicio Del Toro or Mickey Rourke as Kersey (30/1/2012 10:31:35 PM)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI