RE: No interest in the London Olympics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

steffols -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 1:03:04 PM)

Channel 4 marketing for the Paralympics has been really great. I do love when those adverts come on. This is one of the best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuAPPeRg3Nw&feature=player_embedded

elab49 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 1:10:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I thought with the BBC launching 48 new channels (24 SD and 24 HD) purely for Olympics they would leave BBC1,2 and 3 alone.  Guess not then.....

Good for the people who can't get those 48 channels!

I go out of my way to avoid sport but the Olympics coverage doesn't bother me at all.

As the digital switchover is complete wouldn't that all be on freeview so available to everyone?

Rebenectomy -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 1:48:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

I thought with the BBC launching 48 new channels (24 SD and 24 HD) purely for Olympics they would leave BBC1,2 and 3 alone.  Guess not then.....

I go out of my way to avoid sport but the Olympics coverage doesn't bother me at all.

As the digital switchover is complete wouldn't that all be on freeview so available to everyone?

Not complete in NI until October. Lagging behind again.

elab49 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 1:51:47 PM)

I've been lied to!!

Seriously though, that's kind of sucky. A lot of the options will still be red button type stuff and it seems badly thought out to exclude part of the UK from that.

sanchia -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 5:05:38 PM)

Another crumbling aspect to the Olympics. Danny Boyle's opening ceremony has been cut back with some of the performers now dumped from the show just before it is supposed to take place. Apparently they think the thing will overrun and transport logistics will mean that a lot of people will be stranded at the Olympic Park. [8|]

Hood_Man -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 5:42:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Another crumbling aspect to the Olympics. Danny Boyle's opening ceremony has been cut back with some of the performers now dumped from the show just before it is supposed to take place. Apparently they think the thing will overrun and transport logistics will mean that a lot of people will be stranded at the Olympic Park. [8|]

That's terrible. I'm not so bothered as a viewer as I'm sure it'll be great anyway, but for the performers dropped at the last minute that's awful.

Them's the breaks I guess...

kumar -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 6:48:58 PM)

I dont see how people cant be excited for the olympics, if i look past the first part of being british! The fastest man in history and probably ever (i dont see anyone running 100m in 9.58sec again for a long long time) up against Yohan Blake (beaten Bolt twice, though a bit slower than WR), Asafa Powell (always contender for a medal), Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin is back (interesting to see how he fares). What a final it could be!! Also Dwayne Chambers lol.

I am stoked for the olympics, I wished I found a sport I was good at when i was younger !

Shifty Bench -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 6:50:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

I dont see how people cant be excited for the olympics,

Some people just don't care for sports. [:)]

sanchia -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 6:52:46 PM)

I class watching sport on a scale similar to having testicles in a slowly tightening vice. Not at all fun (not that I have experience of the latter but I would image the level of unpleasantness is on a similar scale to the sheer unpleasantness of the times I have watched sport). I am not a spectator and find it very, very boring. Also I hate hype,

Hood_Man -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:00:17 PM)

I don't see how people have the patience to sit through musicals or ballet either, whatever floats your boat I guess [:)]

Spaldron -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:19:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Disliking the Olympics has got nothing to do with sports.

Shifty Bench -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:27:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Disliking the Olympics has got nothing to do with sports.

I was answering for myself who doesn't care for sports therefore doesn't care for the Olympics.I don't hate sport, I just don't give a shit about it. I wasn't speaking for you Spaldron.

elab49 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:28:09 PM)

Although for many it does. Just as they weren't fussed about the European championships, avoided Wimbledon and will be bodyswerving the Open this weekend. 

Rhubarb -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:31:13 PM)

For Spald, Its about complaining about anything and everything.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:33:13 PM)

There is an undercurrent of people hoping it will fall apart. I dunno - sport isn't really my thing, but it will be an occasion. I wonder if other counties had a similar reaction to the Games as they drew close or whether it is just a British thing.

horribleives -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:33:28 PM)

quote:

Although for many it does. Just as they weren't fussed about the European championships, avoided Wimbledon and will be bodyswerving the Open this weekend. 

Weirdos.

elab49 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:37:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

There is an undercurrent of people hoping it will fall apart. I dunno - sport isn't really my thing, but it will be an occasion. I wonder if other counties had a similar reaction to the Games as they drew close or whether it is just a British thing.

I do think this one does also encompass a genuine concern about the cost. It's not a case of wanting anything bad to happen which would be amazingly embarrassing and even undermine the claims of potential boosts to the economy. That won't even have a chance tot happen if we fuck-up.

Shifty Bench -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 8:40:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Weirdos.

And proud [:D]

steffols -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 9:57:41 PM)

Well personally I'm looking forward to them. One of my closest friends little brother is competing in the swimming in his first non-junior meet as well. Craig Benson is his name and he's competing in the 100m Breaststroke. I'm stoked for it!

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (18/7/2012 11:29:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not complete in NI until October. Lagging behind again.

Those new channels aren't for Freeview though. We get two red button channels extra.

superdan -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 12:13:12 AM)

I'm starting to get excited for it now. Watched a couple of programmes tonight which have whetted my appetite for some non-stop sporting action.

Spaldron -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 1:21:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

RE: No interest in the London Olympics

Logged in as: Spaldron
  Subscribe Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: No interest in the London Olympics Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: No interest in the London Olympics - 18/7/2012 1:03:04 PM   

Channel 4 marketing for the Paralympics has been really great. I do love when those adverts come on. This is one of the best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuAPPeRg3Nw&feature=player_embedded

WWLD?

If you look very hard behind the lines upon your face you may see where you are headed and it's such a lonely place.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Report | Rate post | Post #: 121

Ok I was just about to reply to Rhub but I got this ^ instead when I pressed quote.

Random, anyone else got this?

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 1:46:26 AM)

How bizarre.

Rhubarb -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 1:53:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

RE: No interest in the London Olympics

Logged in as: Spaldron
  Subscribe Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: No interest in the London Olympics Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: No interest in the London Olympics - 18/7/2012 1:03:04 PM   

WWLD?

If you look very hard behind the lines upon your face you may see where you are headed and it's such a lonely place.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Report | Rate post | Post #: 121

Ok I was just about to reply to Rhub but I got this ^ instead when I pressed quote.

Random, anyone else got this?

I get that sometimes. I don't bother moaning though, I'm pretty happy go lucky.

rawlinson -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 3:02:35 AM)

It happens when you accidentally highlight part of a post (or all of a post) and then quote another post. Steffs top post on this page has been pulled in to it.

donethinking -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 7:45:15 PM)

100m and 200m final and maybe some beach volleyball....thats it.

kumar -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 8:02:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

100m and 200m final and maybe some beach volleyball....thats it.

What about the 400m? The cycling?! Swimming?!

elab49 -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 8:06:07 PM)

I'm pretty sure there is a thread where people cared about the Olympics. This one is for those of us who don't. So - no. None of those. [:)]

kata -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 8:13:50 PM)

I would have cared more had this lady qualified...

[image]http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif[/image]

sanchia -> RE: No interest in the London Olympics (19/7/2012 8:19:41 PM)

My she certainly looks rather cheeky. [:)] It is also strangely hypnotic. [sm=52.gif]

I found out today that those stewarding the Olympics are not only volunteering their time but also have to pay for travel and accommodation whilst giving them their time for free. On the plus side they get one free meal a day when in the middle of their 9 hour shift.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI