RE: Resident Evil 6 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Invader_Ace -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (23/1/2013 9:17:53 AM)

So Revelations is being ported from 3DS to a full console port.

err..  That is all .

jinks -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (23/1/2013 11:11:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

err..  That is all .

Revelations is very very good, kinda harks back to how to Resi USED to be (more horror , but there is plenty of action however) but still keeping the same control scheme from RE4 onwards.

S'bit like RE: Dead Aim (anyone remember this?!), RE 1 and RE5 (as in the constant on screen partner) with a little bit of Bioshock rolled into one.

Will definately be getting this on release, [:)]

sroey -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (23/1/2013 12:26:43 PM)

Quite excited about a Resi throwback being produced for Consoles...

Hope its not just a HD upgrade though...

jinks -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (23/1/2013 3:24:56 PM)

Think its meant to include a couple more Raid mode missions and other additional guff (probably weapons).

sroey -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (29/1/2013 10:48:49 AM)

Playing through Jakes campaign yesterday. Its so bad its good. Especially the snow section on the Snowmobiles

Comedy gold

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (29/1/2013 5:46:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

quote:

err..  That is all .

Revelations is very very good, kinda harks back to how to Resi USED to be (more horror , but there is plenty of action however) but still keeping the same control scheme from RE4 onwards.

S'bit like RE: Dead Aim (anyone remember this?!), RE 1 and RE5 (as in the constant on screen partner) with a little bit of Bioshock rolled into one.

Will definately be getting this on release, [:)]

Shame the Revelations port looks like no effort has gone into it, it does look like it's a very basic port from 3DS with low polygon character models, low res textures etc.

Worse still is it's a boxed release not a digital one so price point could be a real killer.

Drone -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (27/3/2013 7:56:43 PM)

Playing Resi 6 with a mate, he roped me into it, and we've just finished Chris' mission, and we've started Jake. My thoughts so far... where oh where did Resi evil lose it's way. And who on earth playtested this thing; the giant monster that chases you up the ladder at the end of Chris' chapter and you have to outrun it as it smashes the platforms is one of the most ludicrously annoying two player sections I've ever encountered.

Some good set pieces, but its not Resident Evil.

So far, Jake's mission is about as boring as Chris'

The opening was good... I had high hopes for the game running through those gridlocked cars with Leon, in a zombie infested city... but it's utter balls, as I suspected it would be. We're playing it in the hope of saving Leon's section until last, which will redeem the whole thing... probably... maybe.

rich -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (27/3/2013 8:58:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

Hope its not just a HD upgrade though...

Besides a few added extras, basically it is.

DJ Satan -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (5/4/2013 1:34:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

Playing Resi 6 with a mate, he roped me into it, and we've just finished Chris' mission, and we've started Jake. My thoughts so far... where oh where did Resi evil lose it's way.

When Resident Evil 4 came out. They ditched the atmospheric zombies and turned it into a shooter.

Invader_Ace -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (5/4/2013 4:15:14 PM)

Resi 4 is a masterpiece.  Yes, it may have slightly raised the gun play a notch, but hardly what I would call a "shooter".  Something like Gears or Vanquish is a shooter.
The atmosphere is there in spades, I really can't agree with you on that.  The first entry to the village, the first axe attack.  Barely anything in gaming has come close to touching the the moment the villiagers attack! Also when you get the Monastery for the first time and hear the monks chanting and shuffling around.  The Lake, the maze.  You get the idea.
I'd say for main Resi games, 5 is where they lost it.  They learned lessons from 4, but took the wrong conclusions away from it.  I enjoyed 5, but it suffered from trying to be more action based and the Chris character model being ridiculous, in way that was indicitive of the approach to the game. 
Haven't been near 6. Which for me is unheard of, I've queued to buy this series on launch in the past.

directorscut -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (14/5/2013 9:11:06 PM)

Demo for Revelations must be the shortest demo ever.

Still better than Resi 6.

Thrilled they've gone back to a haunted mansion (ship) type game with locked doors and hidden keys.

Now if only it had fixed camera angles and tank controls.

talpacino -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (15/5/2013 1:53:51 PM)

The setting is good, the noise of the ship creaking and the sound of the waves help the atmosphere but the shooting isn't great and blobby water zombies?? It's way too short to make a proper judgement though.

paulyboy -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (15/5/2013 4:48:31 PM)

Demo isn't too bad, but it's not too great either.

For every second spent thinking it doesn't look to bad for a 3DS port, I spent another thinking it looked pretty shite as well. I also got very little satisfaction from taking down those zombie blob thingies, you've got time to balance your cheque book when shooting them.

That said the atmosphere is there, but the demo is so shockingly short I can't make any sort of judgement on it.

rich -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (15/5/2013 5:59:17 PM)

quote:

Resi 4 is a masterpiece. 

Well it's a bit strong but it's one of my top 3 of that gen. RE5 played it safe by copying a lot but adding co-op spoiled it, a lot. The poor boss creature designs and lack of decent back drops were pretty rubbish as well. My problem with RE6 is mostly the story... these games are not about complex plots or anything, but they used to make sense. It's absolute gibberish most of the time, moonlighting as fanservice.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI