Resident Evil 6 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

James2183 -> Resident Evil 6 (19/1/2012 11:12:05 PM)

[image]http://i41.tinypic.com/11i1enp.jpg[/image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BmC1lZeQad4

Synopsis
quote:

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision.

At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

quote:

“Resident Evil 6 represents a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series,” commented Katsuhiko Ichii, Head of R&D and Global Marketing. “The development team, led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, is working tirelessly to deliver the most impressive Resident Evil title ever both in terms of scope and production values.

"We are all genuinely excited by the title and cannot wait to share it with the world.”

Good to see Leon back but this looks nothing like a return to survival horror. [:(]

Olaf -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (19/1/2012 11:21:23 PM)

Hmmm, they really took on board all the criticisms of 5's unwanted co-op AI and action-oriented gameplay. The president bit is cool in a sci-fi concept sort of way but this looks terrible.

talpacino -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (19/1/2012 11:26:22 PM)

Hooray for Leon. Boo to the rest.

That looks a mess. I kinda enjoyed 5 but it's nothing like the originals. I know I'll still end up getting it but it's not what we wanted.

bub -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (19/1/2012 11:47:45 PM)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO My favourite franchise as a kid has been turned into a bloated overly actiony pile of billy bollocks.

juanvasquez -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (19/1/2012 11:50:30 PM)

I think I'm gonna reserve judgement until the game (or at least a demo) is released. Visually it looks great, but I can't help but think this might be just as bad as 5. Still, I've played Revelations and that's looking good, so at least the 3DS will get a decent RE title!

But I think for survival horror, Silent Hill may the place to go this year. Downpour, Book of Memories and HD collection are all released in March.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 12:13:48 AM)

Gears of Evil! Resident of War! Completely random but perfectly placed knee to waist high walls FTW!

Oh.

directorscut -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 12:46:28 AM)

Goddamn sprinting in a Resident Evil game? The world has well and truly gone to crap.

DARKO_DONNIE_DONUT -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 1:55:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I think I'm gonna reserve judgement until the game (or at least a demo) is released. Visually it looks great, but I can't help but think this might be just as bad as 5. Still, I've played Revelations and that's looking good, so at least the 3DS will get a decent RE title!

But I think for survival horror, Silent Hill may the place to go this year. Downpour, Book of Memories and HD collection are all released in March.

Yep 5 was pretty bad,plus it didnt have much longertivity.[:o]

Chojin -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 7:32:46 AM)

Am I the only one that liked 5? It didn't match 4 but was a good game in its own right. I think this looks like it'll be worth playing myself

Is this a separate game from racoon city?

borstal -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 8:37:15 AM)

I liked 4 quite a lot even though it felt a bit less Resi than the previous and 5 was too much of a departure. I was hoping for a return to the zombie horror roots for this so we'll see.

Anyway, theres still Dead Space.

JAYDAK1SS -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 9:00:41 AM)

It looks good to me, if the parts with Leon are more rooted in horror/tense elements then Chris more action I think it will make a great game. They just need to include a back story explaining Sheva was attacked/raped/killed by zombie dogs and all will be set up for an epic game.

Mojo -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 9:09:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Am I the only one that liked 5? It didn't match 4 but was a good game in its own right. I think this looks like it'll be worth playing myself

I loved it. I know it was a departure from the horror side of the games and if they continue to make them like this then we're not going to get a proper Resident Evil game, but as you say in its own right it was a decent game. A mate and I played through it a few times on co-op at uni and it was a lot of fun.

I'll give this a chance, because I quite simply can't say no to Resident Evil.

talpacino -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 9:23:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

It looks good to me, if the parts with Leon are more rooted in horror/tense elements then Chris more action I think it will make a great game. They just need to include a back story explaining Sheva was attacked/raped/killed by zombie dogs and all will be set up for an epic game.

The Leon parts do look a lot tighter, darker and scarier so hopefully we'll get even a little bit of the original Resi formula but the the Chris parts look exactly the same as 5. There's nothing wrong with a big dumb action game but it's not Resident Evil.

kata -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 9:44:35 AM)

Will probably get it to go through in co-op.

James2183 -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 9:49:12 AM)

If Wesker features at any point I'm done with the Resident Evil series. Done. The guys returned more times than Wild Dog in Time Crisis!

paulyboy -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 10:04:41 AM)

Resident Evil 5 really grew on me after a while, wound up really enjoying it. The disdain with which it seems to be held whilst the 4th installment is somewhat revered does seem a tad off to me at times. Granted 4 has moodier locales (and a touch more atmosphere for it) but that aside it's an out and out action game just like 5 was, there was naff all survival horror going on in either.

So yeah, looking forward to this. I would love for the series to go back to its roots, but if 6 turns out to be a decent action game instead, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

juanvasquez -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 10:36:29 AM)

I think we've kissed goodbye to the survival horror aspect of the RE games.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

I'm going to play REmake.

Olaf -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 11:29:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Resident Evil 5 really grew on me after a while, wound up really enjoying it. The disdain with which it seems to be held whilst the 4th installment is somewhat revered does seem a tad off to me at times. Granted 4 has moodier locales (and a touch more atmosphere for it) but that aside it's an out and out action game just like 5 was, there was naff all survival horror going on in either.

There's a massive difference in tone between 4 and 5 - obviously both are more action-oriented than the first two, but 4 built up to set pieces in a way that produced some actual tension (it may be more of a shooter than the previous games but it's got the atmosphere that you mention, whereas 5 had none of that). It's certainly the point at which the series started turning into what it is now, but it was still genuinely scary. I don't think people are necessarily demanding that Capcom go back to remaking Resi 2 clones, but a successful compromise can be reached between the style/setting of those games and current gameplay trends. 4 was that successful compromise, but 5 and (presumably, going by the above link) 6 are clearly not.

EDIT- I should point out that I'll still get this if it's a good game. But it doesn't look like it'll be a good Resident Evil game, which is why I'm disappointed.

borstal -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 11:47:31 AM)

quote:

I think we've kissed goodbye to the survival horror aspect of the RE games.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332888/resident-evil-attracting-cod-fans-the-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

I'm going to play REmake.

I'd be so fucking happy to play that on 360.

Invader_Ace -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 12:09:12 PM)

Noooooooooo!

What have they done?!  Running?  Diving and shooting?!  Clamping yourself into a convenient chest high wall?!  Giving Leon generic gravel voice #2.  This is all just wrong.  I am prepared to eat my words when it is released.  After all I wailed about Resi 4 and it turned out to be the GREATEST GAME EVER.

However, having read that the dream is to attract to COD Fans and the wave of dismay that washed over me as I watched the trailer.  I am not liking this at all so far.

paulyboy -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 12:15:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

It's certainly the point at which the series started turning into what it is now, but it was still genuinely scary.

Agree to disagree here, I've had scarier phone bills than Resident Evil 4, atmospheric yes, scary not so much, but that's just me I guess.

Mojo -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 12:19:51 PM)

It was more about the tension. When you first get attacked by the vilagers and you're holed up in that house, it felt like a proper seige and I remember being filled with panic.

paulyboy -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 12:30:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

It was more about the tension. When you first get attacked by the vilagers and you're holed up in that house, it felt like a proper seige and I remember being filled with panic.

There's always panic and tension with Resident Evil games, the control system makes sure of that![:D]

indysgill -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 1:08:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

If Wesker features at any point I'm done with the Resident Evil series. Done. The guys returned more times than Wild Dog in Time Crisis!

Now, that is a game that could do with a good HD re-issue. Notice I said re-issue, NOT re-make.
The game was perfect already.

Swoz_MK -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (20/1/2012 5:56:18 PM)

RE2 and RE4 are in my all-time top 5 games yet I think this looks absolutely incredible.

losthighway -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (21/1/2012 12:36:39 PM)

quote:

You're not alone... I LOVED RE5 and this looks like it takes the play of RE5 but sets in a more urban setting with a much much larger storyline. No complaints from me - apart from 20th November 2012!!! It's almost a year away! [&o]

I've been a fan of RE games since the original and would consider RE2 and RE5 as my faves in the franchise... and i was thinking the same thing Chojin - sorry for my naivety but i thought Racoon City was RE6! [&:][&:]

losthighway -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (21/1/2012 12:44:25 PM)

quote:

You're not alone... I LOVED RE5 and this looks like it takes the play of RE5 but sets in a more urban setting with a much much larger storyline. No complaints from me - apart from the 20th November 2012 release date. It's still almost a year away!!! [&o]

I've been a fan of RE games since the original and would consider RE2 and RE5 as my faves in the franchise... and i was thinking the same thing Chojin - sorry for my naivety but i thought Racoon City was RE6! [&:][&:]

juanvasquez -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (21/1/2012 1:33:30 PM)

Raccoon City takes place during RE2, and is a sort of what if alternate universe thing.

losthighway -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (21/1/2012 1:44:54 PM)

quote:

Raccoon City takes place during RE2, and is a sort of what if alternate universe thing.

NICE!!! ...I'm sold! I do wonder if RE6 is taking it's roots from the action of the film franchise and giving fans of the films something to play with. Admittedly, as an old school gore fan i'd have loved the films to have been 18 rated and much more atmospheric and graphic but hey ho, for those who dig that kind of thing i suppose they has Milla in tight clothing! [&:]

rich -> RE: Resident Evil 6 (21/1/2012 2:37:39 PM)

Looks like the same crap they sold us last time, no deal. RE4 worked because they put some effort in and got back Shinji Mikami, someone with talent. It's not Resident Evil but it's still the best game of that generation. RE5 just rehashed it and threw in a lot of fan service and bad AI.

Also

[image]http://i.imgur.com/C4egV.png[/image]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI