Jon Landau On Avatar 2's Release Date (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jon Landau On Avatar 2's Release Date (13/1/2012 12:52:03 PM)

Post your comments on this article

ODForrest -> Titanic 3D (13/1/2012 12:52:04 PM)

God will Titanic just go on and on, what a dull film up until it starts to sink, by that time my will to live had begun to sink!!!! ahhh I can hear "Scream Dion" I have to go and lie down in a dark place in order I don't hurt myself.

trouserpress -> Take your time (13/1/2012 1:32:34 PM)

They can push the release date back as far as they like as far as I'm concerned.

milsont0 -> Story Stealer (13/1/2012 1:44:11 PM)

James Cameron needs more time to find a narrative to "borrow", that's why it would get delayed.

milsont0 -> Story Stealer (13/1/2012 1:44:21 PM)

James Cameron needs more time to find a narrative to "borrow", that's why it would get delayed.

kickpuncher -> And? (13/1/2012 2:04:46 PM)

Is there actually anyone who cares about this? Does anyone even want to see an Avatar 2? Really, I'm asking.

SeanJenkins1 -> No thanks (13/1/2012 2:11:19 PM)

Hopefully by 2015 3d will have died a death and fingers crossed this tosh won't revive it.

SeanJenkins1 -> No thanks (13/1/2012 2:11:28 PM)

Hopefully by 2015 3d will have died a death and fingers crossed this tosh won't revive it.

SeanJenkins1 -> Dead (13/1/2012 2:11:48 PM)

EamonDunphy -> Miserable lot! (13/1/2012 5:59:33 PM)

Dear God, your a grumpy bunch here with your comments.Cheer up ffs!

EamonDunphy -> Miserable lot! (13/1/2012 6:00:06 PM)

Dear God, your a grumpy bunch here with your comments.Cheer up ffs!

conywolf -> ?? (13/1/2012 6:00:15 PM)

The first avatar in 3D was incredible! I don't get how anyone would dislike it, unless they missed it in 3D, or weren't facing the right direction. I'm not a fan generally of brainless action films(although this wasn't brainless), but it wouldn't of made sense to really be anything more than it was. Not everything can be filled with intellectual ideas and beard stroking.(although it does try to hit on environmental issues, which is admirable I would say, and definately not brainless) It's a film about an alien planet, the idea is to transport you there, and it does that brilliantly. Yes the script has a few dodgy lines and the song at the end is probably one of the worst songs to end a film in cinema history, but it's about spectacle, the special effects are probably better than any film before or since, I'd definately go see a second one, as I'm sure most of people will.

darthshellers -> Change the record (13/1/2012 8:52:36 PM)

Before Avatar came out, the general consensus was that it be a commercial failure. Now the sequels are on the way, the two areas of criticism appear to be:

1: Does anyone really care? I expect so, given the enormous box-office and DVD/blu-ray revenue of the 1st film. Kind of a lame point there kickpuncher.

2: Cameron has "borrowed" the narrative. Seriously? Is this really your best criticism? I'm guessing you mean Dances With Wolves, but you know what? That movie "borrowed" its narrative from Little Big Man. But I guess there's SO MANY movies that have a truly original plot idea aren't they? Hey, why not try and name a single modern movie that is TRULY original, that has a plot that is unlike any other movie! If you can't, your point is completely redundant milsont0.

The problem with some of you lot is you just want to moan about anything, and you already have the knives at the ready in anticipation. Ultimately, Avatars 2 & 3 will be huge, millions of people will love them, so I guess that makes all the negative criticisms the minority opinion.

SeanJenkins1 -> (14/1/2012 10:55:12 AM)

3d will have died a death by 2015 - hopefully this won't revive it

dannyfletch -> Can't wait! (14/1/2012 5:00:57 PM)

I loved Avatar and it is definately a film I will watch over and over. The 3D was spectacular too, by far the best 3D film yet, so I can't wait for the sequels to come out. Hopefully they will do a good job on the storys and make them just as enjoyable as the first. Obviously there will always be the grumpy old cynical Victor Meldrew gits that will moan their socks off about this, one word to those and that is BORING! If you don't like it then don't watch it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI