XCOM - Enemy Unknown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

kata -> XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 11:46:10 AM)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/01/09/first-screens-and-details-of-xcom-enemy-unknown.aspx

Firaxis doing a modern remake of XCOM: EU, does gaming news get any better?

clownfoot -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 1:15:15 PM)

Just buy the original on Steam already!

superdan -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 5:47:08 PM)

I still play the original every now and then, one of the best games ever made in my opinion. Hard as fuck, mind.

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 5:57:50 PM)

I'm a fan of Firaxis and XCOM so I've got insanely high hopes, hope they're not crushed...

rich -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 10:52:31 PM)

More interested in the 1950s looking shooter that was never heard of again after the teaser

directorscut -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 11:01:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

More interested in the 1950s looking shooter that was never heard of again after the teaser

You are a terrible, terrible person.

Emyr Thy King -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (10/1/2012 11:28:51 PM)

Looks interesting. The only X-Com game I played was X-Com Interceptor but I liked UFO Aftermath and Aftershock which were the spiritual successors to the series. I'm not so sure about the last screenshot though.

rich -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (11/1/2012 12:14:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

You are a terrible, terrible person.

[:D]

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (12/1/2012 1:56:36 PM)

Some new screens.

[image]http://i.imgur.com/O6gtO.jpg[/image]
[image]http://i.imgur.com/1aWf2.jpg[/image]

Emyr Thy King -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (12/1/2012 11:32:23 PM)

Very nice mate. I hope we'll get air-to-air intercepts of the UFOs. 

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (6/3/2012 3:49:59 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uHHmTSDCvA&feature=player_embedded

JAYDAK1SS -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (12/3/2012 2:43:47 PM)

Not my normal type of game, but looking at the footage this is looking very good. I like the idea that you lose a man in a mission and he's gone for good, kinda like when I dropped my Mr T action figure down a manhole. [sm=sad.gif]

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (12/3/2012 3:12:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

Not my normal type of game, but looking at the footage this is looking very good. I like the idea that you lose a man in a mission and he's gone for good, kinda like when I dropped my Mr T action figure down a manhole. [sm=sad.gif]

I chucked Mr T, Murdock and Hannibal on my Grans extension roof, they were on a mission. They were up there for years, slowly losing colour, with no way for me to get them down. Used to go in the back bedroom to check how the mission was going... Went alright i think, they must have built some sort of escape mechanism because after a while they vanished.

JAYDAK1SS -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (12/3/2012 8:24:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

I chucked Mr T, Murdock and Hannibal on my Grans extension roof, they were on a mission. They were up there for years, slowly losing colour, with no way for me to get them down. Used to go in the back bedroom to check how the mission was going... Went alright i think, they must have built some sort of escape mechanism because after a while they vanished.

[sm=happy07.gif]

BigKovacs -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (13/3/2012 8:10:21 PM)

Beeeeeeeeest game evaaaaaaaar.

Now I'm a dirty console player I miss games like this. Oh to see it on xbla one day!

clownfoot -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (13/3/2012 8:47:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

Beeeeeeeeest game evaaaaaaaar.

Now I'm a dirty console player I miss games like this. Oh to see it on xbla one day!

It should be possible, after all I've got a CD32 copy of UFO somewhere...

goldleader -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (24/4/2012 1:22:37 PM)

Very happy about this news. Was a massive fan of this game back in the Amiga days. Me and two mates played the hell out of it and actually completed it. If i remember right the last mission was in the Alien base. The sequels were ok but very much the same game in different places, ie underwater.

The new game looks good and builds on the great new graphics that the current systems have. I will be buying this, though not sure if i will get the PS3 or PC version. Prefer to use a mouse for this sort of game but it would look better on my HD telly????

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (12/10/2012 7:01:10 PM)

Picked this up today, not had it on yet but it's getting stellar reviews.

HMV was sold out too so I think it's gonna do alright... Or HMV hardly had any to begin with.

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (13/10/2012 5:54:55 PM)

Was pretty blown away by it last night. Put it on Ironman (which is like Dark Souls in that it auto saves a LOT so you cant revert to previous saves.) and Classic difficulty. Got my most experienced team wiped out for good. [:(]

Yeti -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (13/10/2012 6:38:34 PM)

Never name your characters. It becomes quite troubling when you see your delightful Heavy Sergeant splattered through simply not noticing the car he was using for cover was a teensy bit alight. I may need to excavate in order to house a bigger memorial wall. Here lies Derek Killsalot, shot in the back of the head by Dopey McSniper on a 78% chance of hitting the alien lad ten feet away. I miss Derek Killsalot. He was a running gunning kill machine.

This game is utterly fantastic and a damn fine tribute.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 9:52:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Was pretty blown away by it last night. Put it on Ironman (which is like Dark Souls in that it auto saves a LOT so you cant revert to previous saves.) and Classic difficulty. Got my most experienced team wiped out for good. [:(]

Are you playing it on PC or 360?

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 10:14:54 AM)

Xbox.

Got literally my entire team wiped out last night and lost the support of every council member. Really sweet game over cut scene though so was worth it. [:D] Doing much better with my new game.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 11:04:05 AM)

I'm thinking of getting this. The controls okay then on a console?

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 2:03:25 PM)

Yeah, close to perfect once you get used to it.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/could-xcom-enemy-unknown-be-one-of-the-finest-translations-of-a-game-from-pc-to-console/

Yeti -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 4:44:23 PM)

Aye. It's simplistic controls are what makes it for me. Triggers, D-Pad, Bumpers... that's about it. Oh, and a button to fire the shooty thing you have in your hands.

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 6:01:50 PM)

The SHIV is a game changer. At least until I come up against harder enemies.

superdan -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (14/10/2012 8:10:32 PM)

I still play the original from time to time, so when I have the funds I'll definitely be getting this.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (15/10/2012 8:33:42 PM)

Will definately get this at some point, looks superb - I love the ant farm look of the main base it's really special and something I've never seen before in gaming.

kata -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (16/10/2012 6:11:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Will definately get this at some point, looks superb - I love the ant farm look of the main base it's really special and something I've never seen before in gaming.

Not only does it look superb, it is superb! Until it goes tits up then its devastating, lost my sniper last night. Still in mourning. [:(]

Drone -> RE: XCOM - Enemy Unknown (16/10/2012 9:44:55 PM)

I can't wait to pick this up. I've been a fan of the first two XCOM games for ages. I actually played the first one on the Playstation back in the day, rather than the PC, but have since acquired them both.

It's a game I thought I would never see to be honest; or they'd screw it up by changing the formula.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI