Tim Burton In Talks For Pinocchio (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Tim Burton In Talks For Pinocchio (9/1/2012 10:03:28 AM)

Post your comments on this article

loafroaster -> Johnny Depp as Pinocchio... (9/1/2012 10:03:28 AM)

..Helena Bonham Carter as Jimminy Cricket. Yawn.

sweetladybrick -> (9/1/2012 10:23:36 AM)

Love Burton but I've seen some of the design w

Discodez -> RE: Tim Burton In Talks For Pinocchio (9/1/2012 10:24:01 AM)

Oh dear! Did anyone else see "Life's too short" when Depp was on it?

Does this mean Depp will shadow Kermit the Frog so he can nail his Pinnochio? [:D]

sweetladybrick -> (9/1/2012 10:26:20 AM)

Love Burton but I've seen some of the design work for the Del Toro produced version and it looks beautiful. I'm already bored of the fairytale adaptations and besides, there are a lot more that haven't been touched, but they don't have the built in marketing of previous films existing I suppose.

jobloffski -> RE: (9/1/2012 11:29:00 AM)

Fairytale. Check.

Main character who is strange outsider compared to others and feels inner pain as a result. Check.

Main character has unusual relationship with his father/creator

I predict a well made, but bland film. Why?

Because it's so thematically similar to so many films Burton has already made that while he is the natural director for the tale he has already told the same kind of story so many times he could direct the film in his sleep, and therefore rather than the lit by blue-ish moonlight shining through gnarled expressionistic looking trees style treatment that seems to be Burton's default setting for such a tale, somebody else should be making this?

dannyfletch -> Should be fun! (9/1/2012 6:36:11 PM)

I quite like most things Burton churns out, including the underated recent Alice in Wonderland, so I'm quite looking forward to seeing how he will interpret Pinocchio as it's one of my favourite childhood stories. I hope he does have a change of cast though as Depp and Bonham Carter, as good as they are, are getting quite tiresome!

Discodez -> RE: RE: (10/1/2012 3:23:00 PM)

see below

Discodez -> RE: RE: (10/1/2012 3:24:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

Fairytale. Check.

Main character who is strange outsider compared to others and feels inner pain as a result. Check.

Main character has unusual relationship with his father/creator

I predict a well made, but bland film. Why?

Because it's so thematically similar to so many films Burton has already made that while he is the natural director for the tale he has already told the same kind of story so many times he could direct the film in his sleep, and therefore rather than the lit by blue-ish moonlight shining through gnarled expressionistic looking trees style treatment that seems to be Burton's default setting for such a tale, somebody else should be making this?

I forgot he's already basically done Pinnochio. And the fact that I'd forgotten it tells you all you need to know about what I think of it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI