Cumberbatch Joins Star Trek Sequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Cumberbatch Joins Star Trek Sequel (5/1/2012 8:26:29 AM)

Post your comments on this article

acertree -> Thrilled for Cumberbatch (5/1/2012 8:26:29 AM)

I hope this role will be the stepping stone to taking on Ant Man or Dr Strange for Marvel. He is a stupendous actor and deserves to be A list. He's amazing on stage too (I saw him in After the dance and Frankenstein) and he's always very different in every role he plays.

MichaelClarke -> Another British Actor doomed? to play Hollywood villains? (5/1/2012 9:02:01 AM)

I love Benedict Cumberbatch, I think he has a marvellous voice and presence on stage / screen. I hope he doesn't get caught in the British Hollywood Movie Villain trap. Well at least he won't be using a spoon.

AJJCrook -> (5/1/2012 9:50:34 AM)

but...noel clarke is rubbish...?

keaneye -> RE: (5/1/2012 10:05:33 AM)

You don't seem to be very sure. :P

quote:

ORIGINAL: AJJCrook

but...noel clarke is rubbish...?

jimizero1 -> He may not be sure - (5/1/2012 10:37:24 AM)

but he is right, Noel Clarke is talentless.

hasmap -> The good and the oh dear!!!! (5/1/2012 10:53:35 AM)

I'm pleased for Cumberbatch as seems quite good as Sherlock, and was really good Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. But Noel Clarke?? Oh, no, no, no. This guy is rubbish. Now don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of 4.3.2.1., and think that's his best work to date. But he always puts himself on the front cover for his films, when he's not even in them for very long. Talk about an ego. And he can't act.

dannyfletch -> One good actor and one bad! (5/1/2012 10:57:27 AM)

After seeing the recent BBC Sherlock and Tinker Tailor, I think Cumberbach is a truly excellent actor who is very versatile and can easily make almost any role his own. Let's hope he is not now doomed to play the british Hollywood bad guy and hope that he will be the next Dr Who! As for Noel Clarke, he sucks!

Spaldron -> RE: One good actor and one bad! (5/1/2012 11:17:40 AM)

What's with the hatred for Noel Clarke here? For a 36 year old black guy from a council estate he's achieved a fair amount.

Frank Comiskey -> Flashman (5/1/2012 11:36:53 AM)

Dominik Cobblepot is a superb actor, if that is true, he will do an excellent job, and that is just the start; (anyone who saw him years ago in a mini-series called something like 'Far side of the world' will wonder what took him so long.

Nobody is putting the boot into the other bloke because he has come from a council estate; he just isn't very good, and it seems unfair that he gets work ahead of other actors more able, just because of his perceived start in life.

guysalisbury -> Noel Clarke!? (5/1/2012 11:52:37 AM)

He may have achieved allot but he is still a terrible actor! Cumberbatch, great choice!

spark1 -> Up To J.J (5/1/2012 12:17:51 PM)

great casting news, may help increase overseas appeal for this trek.
clarke will be as good/bad as j.j wants him to be.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: One good actor and one bad! (5/1/2012 12:44:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

What's with the hatred for Noel Clarke here?

Yeah, it's pretty baffling - he's hardly Denzel in the acting stakes but he's decent enough.

Holbydude -> Soooo..... (5/1/2012 1:32:14 PM)

Cumberbatch will play an evil Romulan (He's too skinny to be Khan or a Klingon) and Clarke will be a new cadet who gets killed in the first 10 minutes!! Cool.

Frakin_Toaster -> The Voice of the Fangirls: (5/1/2012 1:50:57 PM)

Squeeeeee. Personally, both Clarke and Cumberbatch are fine british Talents worthy of export... also, after cementing themselves into geekdom like this, they'lll never be stuck for work - they'll just have to appear at conventions forever.

JIm R -> RE: The Voice of the Fangirls: (5/1/2012 2:50:58 PM)

Amazing news on BC, will be a great addition to the cast.

Cyberleader -> (5/1/2012 4:11:48 PM)

Hopefully Cumberpatch will not be a villian: I'm sure he'd be great as the big bad but I am sick of all posh English actors getting typecast in Hollywood as either ye olde monarchs or villians.

lorib -> Cumberbatch for Ant Man (5/1/2012 8:49:59 PM)

If the Marvel rumours are true he'll eventually play either Ant man or Dr Strange at end of year.

princessa -> RE: Cumberbatch for Ant Man (7/1/2012 5:29:07 PM)

Good news for both actors.  Noel Clarke may not be the best actor out there but he is not that bad.  Cumberbatch's star is on the rise i see.  Good for him.  But i slightly agree with Cyberleader yet another Brit as the baddie.  Better than nothing i guess.

the sangypange -> RE: Cumberbatch for Ant Man (8/1/2012 1:47:39 PM)

another brit as a baddie yes.....but we also have Btman superman and spiderman we have to let the rest of the world to have some parts too!

dannyfletch -> RE: One good actor and one bad! (8/1/2012 2:30:12 PM)

#

dannyfletch -> RE: One good actor and one bad! (8/1/2012 2:36:00 PM)

?

dannyfletch -> RE: One good actor and one bad! (8/1/2012 2:39:09 PM)

Lol, I really couldn't care less wether he's from a council estate, he still could've learnt how to act before invading our screens. But on the other hand he certainly isn't the worst british actor out there, just look at the likes of Danny Dyer ( or maybe it should be Danny Dire )

Workshed -> RE: One good actor and one bad! (9/1/2012 6:31:15 PM)

Cumberbatch is a fine actor and is doing a fantastic job in Sherlock, even better in this series. He was great in TTSS and completely absorbing in Danny Boyle’s stage production of Frankenstein ( I was lucky enough to get front row seats last year). So I’m sure he will do a brilliant job in Star Trek which should make him more prolific. Good news.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI