Amanda Seyfried Offered Les Mis' Cosette (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Amanda Seyfried Offered Les Mis' Cosette (4/1/2012 9:57:53 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Nicolakornum -> Cosette, daughter of EPONINE??? (4/1/2012 9:57:53 AM)

You most mean FANTINE, right..?

marky_boy -> To avoid confusion... (4/1/2012 10:02:22 AM)

Cosette is the grown daughter of Fantine (Anne Hathaway), not Eponine... this copy is slightly confusing in its current form!

Seems Tom Hooper has got his way on this casting. He wanted film stars, and producer Cameron Macintosh wanted musical stars who can sing... time will tell who was right! But the worst thing will be to do another Phantom Of The Opera and cast people who can't really sing well enough - shame when there are plenty of incredibly talented people who have played the part on stage. It's a different discipline, but the singing is more important - and let's face it, no-ones going to see this film because of the actors who are in it. It's Les Mis, for god's sake - a ready-made audience if ever there was one!

freemantle_uk -> It's not true! It's impossible! (4/1/2012 11:42:18 AM)

Not Taylor Swift!, No!!!!!! All bad humour aside I wish the filmmakers took a risk and cast an unknown for Eponine. They already have a big name cast and an Oscar winning director. I would like to see Samantha Barks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYWIVmTBECE) get the role because played the role really well at the 25th Anniversary Contest, still very young and a very talented stage singer.

bobthegrinch -> If she takes it... (4/1/2012 4:26:37 PM)

It will be crap. This girl is like poison for films. If she agrees to be in it, it must be crap. The only thing she's been in that was any good was Veronica Mars. That only escaped because it killed her off almost immediately. I even checked on imdb just in case she'd been in some hidden gem. She's not. It's shit all the way down. Nothing against her as a person, just as an actress.

laiee92 -> Don't ruin a good musical please!! (4/1/2012 5:02:43 PM)

Until some weeks ago I was looking forward this project. Now I don't expect anything good from this.
They are going to ruin a great musical to make another rubbish Hollywood film.

Musicals -> (4/1/2012 8:30:06 PM)

Now I am getting a little frustra ted! My daughter CELINE PURCELL played Sophie in Dutch Production of "Mama Mia!" ( won awards for her performance)and guess who -without a shred of musical talent ended up playing the lead in the movie! Then Celine played Eponine in "Les Miserables" and won the hearts of both Cameron Machintosh and the composers.
Now the same girl who played in "Ma ma Mia!" and singer with no experience are about to ruin "Les Miz" ! Tom Hooper is indeed going down the same road as Joel Schumacher did with the "Phantom " and with the same potentially diasterous results. What I cannot understand though is why Sir Cameron-who is normally 150% protective of his productions-especially this one-should be allowing this to happen.
We have waited so very long for a movie of this show that we deserve the actual best and not Hollywoods idea of what this is especially at a time when we have lost so many of the true musical giants.
If you ever read this Sir Cameron think carefully before you allow the silly casting that Hooper is enforcing upon you please!

directordan -> Wow.. you people are ruthless (4/1/2012 8:42:53 PM)

Let's face it ... no matter who got the role you would all be upset. Give Taylor a chance. While I might not be her biggest fan, I can see how they might be trying to make this an interesting blend of actors and singers. If any of you don't think she's a singer I suggest you look at the Pollstar touring results. Taylor is #2 for selling out her Speak Now Tour just behind U2. Umm, I think she can pull this off.

directordan -> sorry for the duplication (4/1/2012 8:42:59 PM)

nm

abefroman -> This is some great news! (4/1/2012 9:46:26 PM)

I wondered when people would find out that Taylor actually began in music theatre. My roommate knew her growing up and told me that Taylor was Maria in the Sound of Music and Sandy in Grease and some other roles? Now we can see just how good she is as Eponine. Break a leg, Taylor!

bobthegrinch -> RE: This is some great news! (5/1/2012 10:36:42 AM)

I was actually talking about Amanda Seyfried meaning it will be crap. I don't really know anything about Taylor Swift.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI