Paranormal Activity 4 Is Official (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Paranormal Activity 4 Is Official (3/1/2012 1:07:48 PM)

Post your comments on this article

garvielloken -> RE: *PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 SPOILER* (3/1/2012 1:18:34 PM)

No more sequels please, they're all shit.

horribleives -> RE: *PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 SPOILER* (3/1/2012 1:40:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Don't care, don't care, don't care. I was so disappointed with PA3. It just ruined everything the first two films created for the sake of action. At what point in either PA1 or 2 did Katie mention the fact that as a kid, the demon that was currently haunting her hoisted her up by her hair, dragged her from her bed into a closet, killed her step-dad, and her grandma was part of a cult that worshipped said demon? Never. She said "A shadowy figure used to stand at the end of the bed then go away after a while."

At no point but that's because the granny and her pals are supposed to have done something to them so they can't remember - it's made pretty clear in the scene when the stepdad and his mate are reading from the book about the cult.

nybras -> RE: *PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 SPOILER* (3/1/2012 2:01:13 PM)

I don't care for these films anymore, all done to a death.

Whistler -> RE: *PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 SPOILER* (3/1/2012 2:42:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Don't care, don't care, don't care. I was so disappointed with PA3. It just ruined everything the first two films created for the sake of action. At what point in either PA1 or 2 did Katie mention the fact that as a kid, the demon that was currently haunting her hoisted her up by her hair, dragged her from her bed into a closet, killed her step-dad, and her grandma was part of a cult that worshipped said demon? Never. She said "A shadowy figure used to stand at the end of the bed then go away after a while."

At no point but that's because the granny and her pals are supposed to have done something to them so they can't remember - it's made pretty clear in the scene when the stepdad and his mate are reading from the book about the cult.

Really? I must've missed that. But even so, it still feels to me like that's just a half-assed scene the writers added to avoid plot holes like the ones mentioned above. And even without that, I still thought it ruined the first two with things like the silly growl at the end. The demon acts more like a pet than an entity.

Come along Toby, good boy.

f1gti007 -> RE: Paranormal Activity 4 Is Official (26/6/2012 11:55:30 PM)

PA4 could be set in 1992 in PA1 you see some video tapes marked Katie & Ali 1988 & 1992.
Personally I'd like find out what's happening to Hunter since the demon now has his hands on the first male born in the family in decades.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Paranormal Activity 4 Is Official (27/6/2012 1:13:30 PM)

Good, good another retarded follow up to miss.

Lazarus munkey -> RE: Paranormal Activity 4 Is Official (28/6/2012 4:33:57 AM)

The first one was great and would have been better had it finished two seconds sooner. The final jump-scare was idiotic and out of sync with the rest of the film. The second one was just as enjoyable and, while 3 was inferior, I'd still take stuff like this over dreck like Hostel.

The 'found footage' gimmick works well in the genre.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI