Sparrow, The (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Sparrow, The (3/3/2006 10:54:10 AM)

Post your comments on this article

tainc -> RE: Sparrow, The (3/3/2006 4:13:29 PM)

I love this book and its sequel. I have practically forced everone I know (including a former Jesuit priest) to read it and like you, I dread the idea of what it will look like in a film.

However, I'm not as concerned about Pitt as Sandoz. I don't see Sandoz as the "star" of the book. He is the catalyst but not the center. He is the narrator. The key element to me will be the casting of the other characters, particularly Sofia, Anne and her husband, and the Rakhat.

My second concern is the visual. Will I be impressed by the CGI effects, or feel pity for Sandoz for his mutilation (not to ruin it for those who have not yet read the book.) Will I be wowed by the scenery or repulsed?

We can only hope for the best, or, choose not to bother to see it, at which case it will disappear forever and I can still retain my personal "movie" in my head.

Timon -> RE: Sparrow, The (3/3/2006 4:33:22 PM)

Never read the book but the concept sounds interesting.

The plot follows a Jesuit priest who leads a group of fellow priests to a distant planet following communications from an alien race. The Earthers befriend one of the planetís two major races, but a massive war breaks out and the priest finds his faith challenged.

Of course as i'm not familiar with the story, i'll have to listen to the fans and after reading James's (Dyer) comments on it, it'll be interesting how the Pittster takes the role.

Pinkvelvet -> RE: Sparrow, The (4/3/2006 3:12:44 PM)

Im going to read the book and the sequel before this film comes out so that it isnt ruined for me.  I love the premise of the book and its had great reviews so a film can only be a bonus on top.

wiggen -> Awesome News (24/10/2006 2:30:29 PM)

Can't wait to see this movie. The book was amazing. Always pictured Gabriel Byrne in the role.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI