RE: It's good but it's bad (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

blackduck -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 1:33:45 PM)

Add one more for Resident Evil. And no they don't fall into the "everybody has different opnions" catagory, they're shite, I know they're shite but I've enjoyed each and every one of them.

I'll also throw in the Underworld films, but I'd be a bit more willing to defend them as being kinda good.

st3veebee -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 2:39:55 PM)

I think I might pick up the cheap RE quadrilogy set in HMV soon. I have only seen the first one (I quite enjoyed it) so I figure I should be thoroughly entertained, .  Plus its about 15euro for four films.

I'm going to add Last Action Hero to his. Savaged by critics, full of misjudged moments but tons of fun.

fhqiihcy -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 2:41:52 PM)

none!

MattTheBadger -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 3:03:14 PM)

JCTheFirst has summed up my feelings so accurately itt's scary (although I prefer Apocalypse to the most recent two, possibly motivated by the presence of Sienna Guillory - Afterlife is the shortest of these 4 dwarves for me!)

Never given it that much thought before but I feel we should add the fact that the sequel titles make no sense whatsoever. There's no apocalypse in RE2, no reference to an afterlife in RE3, and nothing goes extinct in RE4. I'd be surprised if there is any sort of retribution dished out in RE5 I'll be amazed.

PS I've just spotted on IMDB that Michelle Rodriguez, Oded Fehr & Colin Salmon are all on the cast-list for RE5, despite {SPOILER ALERT} all of them dying in previous films. You see? Makes no sense whatsoever!

MartinBlank76 -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 3:11:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m_er

What Women Want ??!!

Seconded.

For some reason I really like this movie. Might have something to do with the great female cast. Or the fact it was one of the last of his films before The Fall of Mel.

MartinBlank76 -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 3:12:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I never understand the concept of Guilty Pleasures. Why should you feel guilty about enjoying a film? Also, if you enjoy them, are they really bad?

It's an excellent point. Really it doesn't matter what others think of your viewing preferences. If it works for you, then great.

I concur with this too. If I enjoy it, then it aint, for me, bad.

Russ Whitfield -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 4:19:52 PM)

I think they be clones... or the original team sent in were clones of the real folk that are in RE5. Either way... cloning has to be on the agenda...

MattTheBadger -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 4:26:31 PM)

Cloning but not retribution. Oh and Sienna Guillory's in this one as well. But Ali Larter isn't. You see? Utter bloody madness.

I don't really go for the 'guilty pleasures' thing either but for me this thread was more about films you enjoy despite knowing there are things wrong with it?

filipe -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 4:46:34 PM)

journey 2 is really really bad but the funny part is there, who dahell doen'st laught when he shows the trick with the ladys, that always works...

the_equalizer -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 4:49:25 PM)

My two favourite crap-but-still-love-em films:

[image]http://abadeducation.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/hudson_hawk.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.in-sect.com/images/95.jpg[/image]

theMoviegoer -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 5:00:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: messiahtime

Mean Girls :D Also easy on the eye :D

Roger that (although I don't enjoy it half as much as "Freaky Friday", 2003). I would add most Louis de Funès movies, especially "The Wing and the Thigh" (Claude Zidi, 1976). I love that movie, even if I do realize how bad it is...

jcthefirst -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 5:41:58 PM)

Since when is Mean Girls a bad movie? It's great.

jcthefirst -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 5:45:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MattTheBadger

JCTheFirst has summed up my feelings so accurately itt's scary (although I prefer Apocalypse to the most recent two, possibly motivated by the presence of Sienna Guillory - Afterlife is the shortest of these 4 dwarves for me!)

She is lovely.

Vitamin F -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 6:29:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the_equalizer

[image]http://abadeducation.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/hudson_hawk.jpg[/image]

I loved this but haven't seen it in nearly 20 years, so as much as I suddenly want to, I'm afraid to go back and find out the critics and audience-that-didn't-bother types were right all along...

Cool Breeze -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 6:43:11 PM)

I think its perfecty appropriate to call certain movies bad even though you enjoy them.Star Trek V has a crap story,mostly poor effects,and lame humour,but i still enjoy it cos the interplay between the classic cast is as good as ever and Jerry Goldsmiths score is outstanding.

Same goes for Cobra (So SO badly acted and written but i get endless fun out of laughing at Brigette Nielsens wig and Sly trying to act like Clint Eastwoods Dirty Harry).

theMoviegoer -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 8:15:23 PM)

It's strange, I was pointing that out to friend the other day. And I agree with Cool Breeze, it's the most natural thing in the world to be able to say that a movie is crap although you enjoy it. But my friend just couldn't understand that. Why is that, I wonder?

From_Hell -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 9:11:11 PM)

A few that I love even though they're not really all that good:

Transformers (all three)
The Business
Clash Of The Titans (remake)
Friday The 13th (remake)

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: It's good but it's bad (24/4/2012 10:13:06 PM)

Steven Seagals Undersiege films are rubbish,but when drunk they're the greatest two films ever created[:D]

Spaldron -> RE: It's good but it's bad (25/4/2012 1:04:00 AM)

[image]http://prince.nazwa.pl/prince/images/stories/filmy/masters%20of%20the%20universe/masters%20of%20the%20universe%20poster.jpg[/image]

Utter shite but hugely enjoyable.

NCC1701A -> RE: It's good but it's bad (25/4/2012 8:17:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I think its perfecty appropriate to call certain movies bad even though you enjoy them.Star Trek V has a crap story,mostly poor effects,and lame humour,but i still enjoy it cos the interplay between the classic cast is as good as ever and Jerry Goldsmiths score is outstanding.

Same goes for Cobra (So SO badly acted and written but i get endless fun out of laughing at Brigette Nielsens wig and Sly trying to act like Clint Eastwoods Dirty Harry).

Good to know that I am not alone in enjoying Star Trek V.

blackduck -> RE: It's good but it's bad (25/4/2012 10:47:31 AM)

Star Trek V has a lot to like in it, it just fell way short of IV.
All the TNG movies can run and shite though.

Russ Whitfield -> RE: It's good but it's bad (25/4/2012 12:31:43 PM)

Star Trek IV is my favourite. V is my second favourite.

Double dumb-ass on anyone who says it ain't so.

st3veebee -> RE: It's good but it's bad (25/4/2012 12:57:54 PM)

I secretly have a soft spot for most rom coms. Have gotten tons of stick from friends about it but I cannot lie: I find a llot of them enjoyable.

-How to lose a guy in 10 days

-10 things I hate about you

-When Harry met Sally (though not much shame there)

-13 going on 30 [8|]

Vantage -> RE: It's good but it's bad (6/5/2012 2:30:16 PM)

Armageddon. It's really is bad and I really do enjoy it!

S1lent B0b -> RE: It's good but it's bad (16/5/2012 5:12:11 PM)

Mortal Kombat: I know in my heart that it's a bad movie but I can't help but enjoy it. The second one was much much worse though. [:D]

Fast and the Furious 1, 2 & 5: Most guilty of these is 2 Fast 2 Furious but hey, I enjoyed it as a popcorn movie, not near as much as 1 & 5 though.I will say though that Tokyo Drift was utter nonsense and I haven't seen the 4th one since I saw it in the cinema, I can't even remember if I liked it or not [:)]

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer: Yeah.... there's no way I can justify this one....

SadFace -> RE: It's good but it's bad (17/5/2012 11:18:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Since when is Mean Girls a bad movie? It's great.

This.

Biggus -> RE: It's good but it's bad (17/5/2012 11:47:12 PM)

I can happily sit and watch Alien vs Predator.

filipe -> RE: It's good but it's bad (18/5/2012 6:16:38 PM)

mitu

DancingClown -> RE: It's good but it's bad (18/5/2012 7:02:07 PM)

Gesundheit.

hozay -> RE: It's good but it's bad (19/5/2012 3:02:37 AM)

I can do better / sink lower than all of the above.....

Independence Day. I know but I don't care, I like it.

Slight Spoiler
In my defence though, for me the film ends (I turn it off) straight after Wiil Smith says the line "didn't I tell you I'd show you fireworks" to his kid, thereby skipping the last speech.

Nothing wrong with Resident Evil either.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI